sugar content in water kefir

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions sugar content in water kefir

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Flipper 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

I seem to have had a setback in my progress and am wondering what is causing it. My tongue has gone white again and I’m tired. I am allergic to all dairy so I’m been making water kefir instead of milk kefir. Now I’m worried that I’m taking in too much sugar but I don’t know how to measure it. Maybe I should give up on kefir for now or find a way to have the grains eat up all the sugar before I drink it.

Does anyone know about this sort of thing?

annilee
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 7

i was unable to have regular dairy kefir, as well..i found inner eco brand coconut water kefir–dairy free, sugar free–fer reals!

http://www.inner-eco.com/products.html

Flipper

Thanks annilee, that looks interesting! Only one tablespoon a day?!?
    I’ll look for it.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

Coconut water has sugar in it. The kefir feeds off the sugar in the coconut water. It is just a matter of knowing how much sugar is left when you consume it.

I make my own water kefir. I leave it to fermen for 2 days, then I strain it and put it in the fridge for 2 more days. By the time I drink it, it is very sour, and contains little sugar.
    If your kefir tastes too sweet, just leave it longer. This way you can control the sugar content.

If the cocnu water kefir tastes sweet, it will have sugar left in it too.

Flipper

`Thanks Clare,
    That’s what I’ve been doing, just leaving it a day or two longer. I switched sugars and I think it makes a difference how long you need to wait – depending on what type of sugar you use. I’ve been adding vanilla and ginger to the 2nd sitting and waiting 3 days for that and it’s been great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘sugar content in water kefir’ is closed to new replies.