Sugar binge after 1 week on diet, antifungals & probiotics. Sugar addicted noob only making it worse

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Sugar binge after 1 week on diet, antifungals & probiotics. Sugar addicted noob only making it worse

This topic contains 42 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Akasha
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

Hello.

To state the essential from the very start, I am a highly damaged, both nervously and systematically, disoriented noob to this forum, who has been suffering from this horrible malady of the century since 6 years now already (my god, when have all these gone and what’s it been doing with my life). I’ve always been aware I’ve had it in my system (recurring v yeast infection every 6 months, to become every 3 lately ) but as it always happens, I would have never dared associate my gruesome depressive episodes with anything chemical happening inside my body, nor my constant craving for sugar, nor the brain fog, short attention span, folliculitis, cystic acne, fatigue, allergy to almost any food possible, craving for any sugar-loaded, carb-stuffed food under the Sun, fear, anxiety, and all these things that I comfortably deemed as part of my self-destructive masochistic dark side of a bipolar personality.

It doesn’t matter how I got here. Or maybe that makes the subject of a future post. I’ll get straight to when some things got better but not that well.

Story goes like that: 2 years ago I discovered the board of acne.org filled with advice good for health and good for skin (which actually works!), and I made a slight shift from the typical modern diet to more of a healthy approach. Of course, I’ve always afforded sugar-feasting periods, in moderation of course, as long as they didn’t start to harm the skin again – always kept under control with long sugarfree-glutenfree-dairyfreee-vegan intervals and the usual zinc overload to follow them. Recovery came fast. But I never gave up sugar in all its tolerable forms, as far as the condition of my skin was concerned. I kept, and I keep stuffing myself with dried dates, apricots and any other thing that makes you faint from sweetness. Fruits too. I’ve always went crazy with those, because of sugar addiction. It’s a miracle I don’t have diabetes yet, but you see, it’s only a vicious circle. I’m depressed and miserable because of this damn plague that’s growing and thriving inside me, so I desperately need sugar to feel better for an instant because the craving is terrible, and then I start feeling depressed and crying out of the blue on the street or don’t find the strength to leave the bed and go to job – where I’m always late and inconsistent.

Please, help.

And now the emergency problem that I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP in getting over: after another episode of overgrowth, I started the holistic approach. Cut all sugar cold turkey, and spent a whole week and a half on avocado, salads, leafy greens, lemonade, etc. I took citrosept daily, I drank Lapacho tea, I used st john’s wort oil extract for local treatment and probiotic ovules – I took probiotics internally as well, thrice the recommanded dosage constantly and in two weeks the symptoms were gone, or at least considerably tamed. BUT THEN I SNAPPED.

!!!!!!! THIS IS WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE, EVERYONE, ANYONE, HELP ME!!!!!!!

I lost my phone earlier past week, I felt miserable and I started binging. I binged on lotsa brown rice with honey and coconut flakes and dried fruits topped with lotsa chocolate for 4 days and then had a feast of an weekend in which I’ve been gorging down about 1kg sugar in 2 days, as dried dates, honey, halva, chocolate and all that. All that. The symptoms are slowly but surely back already. What can I do. What’s the emergency measure for this problem?! How can I restore acidity and keep this monster from bouncing back in a mutant hyper-resistant form? What to do. I’m scared sh*tless, tbqh. I’m terrified with nightmares about it. I need help. I bet I’m not the only one who’s ever done this mistake. It’s so hard. I’m here to find support in beating this sugar addiction that sabotages all my plans.

SO, WHAT TO DO?

I think I’ll drink a cup of wormwood infusion to chase the sweet taste away. Then lots of lemonade with stevia for the rest of the day. And citrosept. Lots of. Is it alright what I’m doing?

Should I expect a near-death die-off experience?

Please, help. thak you. I’m so alone in all this battle. I feel so disheartened, and weak, and alone in this whole world with no one to understand this condition. Please, help me. I might just grab a knife and start cutting myself. I’m pretty much a lost case. Sometimes death seems like the more comfortable alternative, although I want to live, but it’s so hard and painful goddamnit.
    I will be back with details.

p.s. Because I’m a spiritual being like that, who thinks everything is interconnected and relies on the help of light beings and whatnot (and no, they can’t treat sugar addiction, I was informed personally and ok, empirically), I’m fasting according to the winter lent tradition – no dairy (ok, I cheated once this weekend with half a pack of After Eight), no meat, no eggs – and of course no gluten because allergy (I cheated here too. bad idea). Of course there’s no regulation as far as sugar is concerned. So I keep on stuffing my face with dried fruits and dark chocolate cause I can’t stop it. Can anyone help me trick my mind? And quickly detox from all that?
    Please?

I’m lost and panicked and I don’t know which step to take to get out of this vicious circle. this emotionally draining …

Akasha
    Participant

p.s. there are also 15 days already since I quit smoking. In the first week of diet I kept smoking about half a pack a day – and my condition didn’t get much better – every cigarette smoked made me feel more foggy and only aggravated the symptoms, while providing for the temporary emotional comfort. Being a smoker since 5 years already, this was a hard try. but I’m really decided to quit – reading that substances released by smoking can favor the fungus to develop into even more terrible a curse than it already is, I took the decision to quit. this also only made me crave for sugar even more, so when I snapped, it was a big time feast to remember.
    And I still have 300g dates in my kitchen and can’t take my mind off them .

But as a good tip and life advice discovered from my own experience, I have to say that SMOKING REALLY AGGRAVATES THE SYMPTOMS. It’s not a joke. Esp the nervous/ mood/ attention related imbalances.

Godspeed and Godwill!

I hope you people here are doing better.

I’m also living alone with no one to help me with the cooking, always on the run, I got a job (that doesn’t help me cover having my food cooked) since I’m just out of college and freshly over my internship period. My parents (who don’t live in the same city where I work / study) don’t get it and are super-insensitive to my condition. Their only definition of healing is “go to the doctor, get this and that medicine prescribed – and the chiropractors and holistic treatments are not that popular in here.

In here, you can’t even find molybdenul in health food stores yet.
    Pretty Frustrating.
    I think I’ll try ward off the die-off with milk thistle, I heard it works just well.

Keep in touch and please, please, stay with me.

I will try to help as many people myself once I see myself over this.

<3

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

You sound as if you have pretty bad adrenal fatigue, and if thats the case a vegan diet is the worst possible thing for you. Hormones are made with cholesterol. Plus its just a nutrient deficient diet and its very hard to get enough calories even when done according to a candida diet. 300-500 mg Pantethine and 1-3000mg Vit C first thing in the morning also helps that alot. Read up on that and see what you think. If you are really bipolar, look into lithium orotate (the natural mineral that we’re all deficient in, not the harmful drug) at 20 mg a day and niacin. Read up on that too if thats actually a problem. Some forms of niacin deplete SAMe, in that case one should supplement with that too, but in very small amounts in this case, a fraction of a dose. Large dose omega 3s help both. And stay the hell away from those cigarettes! Its so worth it, trust me. I was a smoker for 8 years and I too got to the point where every cig made me feel terrible, esp mentally. Dont go crazy with any antifungal treatment. If the symptoms become intolerable, then back off. And just play it cool with the diet. The body doesnt tolerate extreme changes well, especially during times of stress. Replace sugars with the good healthy carb sources recommended here. Sugar cravings are one of the first things to go when you get it all right. Your body is starving of certain nutrients and its letting you know, give it what it needs!!! If something is making you feel bad, stop doing it!!!

Akasha
    Participant

Thank you so much for being this kind and supporting me with such vital advice and true compassion. I’m so lonely and living alone with no one to help me with good life advice (that’s how I actually got in this situation to start with) and I’m so glad to see people who’ve been through this hell and made it in the end. I sort of lack ambition, but I swear to God I was incredibly ambitious and determined before this sickness started creeping up on me.

I will do a quick roundup of the supplement I got myself from the health food store. Please, feel free to give me suggestions based on your own experience, of how and when should I take these. If there’s a certain order or dosage that worked in beating Candida particularly.

So I got this:

Black Walnut capsules
    Formula Candida Capsules from Organika – contains 250 mg capyrilic acid, 130 mg pau d’arco powder, garlic powder – 90 mg, oregano leaf powder60 mg, grapefruit seed extract – 50 mg

MSM – 1000 mg – because I read on the cure zone that it destroys a protective fim that forms and usually makes the antifungals harder to reach the fungi to the deeper layers or that’s what I understood – I will edit later and add link to destroy the biofilms formed and make the antifungals more efficient – or that’s what I understood

Zinc – 15 mg

Astragalus – 9000 mg

Curcumin 500 mg

Milk Thistle – in the mail, can’t tell concentration yet

St john’s Wort capsules – also in the mail

I already have some Citrosept that I already started taking – and it helped me enormously so far, in the 2 week diet before the binging half-a-week and weekend, this weekend

I was indeed thinking to get some vitamin C powder as soon as possible. And maybe some probiotics as well.

But after all this sugar, I think I should have some massive detox of some sort, I feel that all my sustained work of two weeks has been compromised and I can’t even start the treatment that I was preparing for.

Should I take these supplement all at once/ Should I keep up with the Grapefruit seed extract, regardless of all the sugar I’ve been feeding the yeast with, for a weekend and more?

update – of course I had the other 300g dates I was talking about already. And it’s only now that I’m cursing my days over the cup of wormwood tea.

Should I take all the supplements together? (the astragalus, the black walnut, the msm, the grapefruit seed extract drops, the msm, the candida formula, the curcumin) Should I take them 1 h distance? I’m really determined to fight this after all. it sucks. I will start sauna and exercises soon, and make a smooth passage from the vegetarian diet to one that would include meat too.

But I really need a bit of guidance as a beginner with this.

P.S. What do you know about baking soda taken with water first thing in the morning? Some ppl say it’s bad as it alters the acidity of the blood and also the one in the stomach. I was thinking to mix it with lemon, some ppl advertise this combination as a very good health stimulant.

With all this wormwood and grapefruit seed oil I feel that bitter will be the predominant taste for this diet.. thank God at least I like Garlic. Which I shouldn’t eat in public so how helpful would that be. Someone should make a retreat for treating all this mess. But there would be a 50 yrs gap until they’d have it on this side of the world as well.

Best wishes and thank you so much, impossible <3

Love,
    A

Akasha
    Participant

And now I see Pantothenic Acid helps with acne as well. Oh my, why didn’t I hear of this earlier!! Looking forward to get into it as well. Also, I read somewhere that vitamin C overdoses work very well in making the depressive sympthoms or blank staring at walls go away within minutes. I will definitely get more vitamin C.

Are there any quick, but really quick methods to get the sugar out of the system, as well?
    It’s been such a fail, that I swear on all heavens that I won’t buy myself anything sugary at all for about 2 months at least.

May the Universe help me find some antidepressant natural alternatives that work.

And I heard Xylitol is also good in fighting the good fight. And it’s sweet. That may just be my one and only hope in this life for a while 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Akasha,

I have a few general recommendations to give you. First of all, don’t do too much too fast:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8180_Doing-too-much-too-fast.aspx

Whenever you get a sugar binge, I would eat some fruit. Even if you were to eat large amounts of fruit, it should bring very little setback for a typical person. This might be a good way to start out to fight the cravings initially. It certainly is better than honey or regular white sugar. Do not eat high sugar fruit such as pineapple, dried fruits, etc.

If you were to do acupuncture, this likely would improve your mood and help you detox.

Check out this die-off remedies post for ways to detox. All of these should help you feel better.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery time to get over CRC (candida related complex), this is a marathon and not a sprint.

-raster

Akasha
    Participant

Raster! Thank you so much for shedding some light on this – you guys are awesome, I have no words to thank you for being here and helping us tormented souls through this thing.

I’m trying not to do too much to fast – I will stick to the supplements I got (the ones I wrote about above) and try to take them at 1-2 hour intervals during the day, and time them cleverly between fixed meals that I should fix in the morning to take with me at work – I still don’t know if I should do a clay cleanse first, or take psyllium for a week to cleanse my gut first, so that the supplements would work better. But I’m so impatient to start and I think I should start tomorrow already with the supplements.

I hope the acupuncture would help with my attention and focus. Also the fatigue and the attention span. I was really thinking to start doing acupuncture, it’s awesome that you mentioned it. I wasn’t very decided because on the curezone they said it only treats the symptoms and not the candida – but considering the horrible symptoms I think that’s what I need at first. I heard it’s usually associated with “dampness’ of the spleen meridian. Is there any specific meridian that I should ask the acupuncture doctor to treat particularly?

As for the fruits, can I do it also in the first phase – strict diet? I’ve been gluten free/ dairy free/ vegan for some time but had done any trick possible so that I could still eat sugar while on whatever diet that I ever was on. I will try to eat more grapefruit / pomegranates when in craving.

I will keep you posted on how this goes. I just hope I won’t lose myself on my way there. But I trust all these success stories here and I keep my hope since right now it’s the only thing I’m left with. And with all these good people around. Meow.

raster
    Participant

What I am suggesting is that the strict diet may be too much at once. If you were to transition to stage 1 after doing stage 2 or 3 for a bit, it likely would be a lot easier.

For instance do stage 3, then 2, and then 1, and then do one for a long period of time.

I wouldn’t touch either the clay or psyllium. The clay can cause chronic constipation and you need your digestion going as good as possible in order to get better. The psyllium doesn’t really do much in terms of fighting the candida or cleansing…if your gut is inflamed, the psyllium could be hard on the gut and potentially can cause internal bleeding.

I would stick with what you are doing and at the most do the clay but not the psyllium.

-raster

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

What I used to do when I got hit with a sugar craving was squeeze some lemon into a tall glass of cold water with xylitol to taste. Its actually pretty good and I still do that instead of sugar. Salt can help kill sugar cravings sometimes too, esp for adrenal fatigue peep’s. Give it a try, you might be surprised.

Akasha
    Participant

I’m still in my documentation phase and I’m absorbing as much info as my time allows but I have some questions:

Is there a topic here that addresses candida-related depression and insomnia? Some place where all of us suffering from excruciating nervous imbalances can post and support each others and find solace?

Also, I’m having a very hard time beating this insomnia. It’s 100% related to the point when everything started to degrade and my life became a list of symptoms. I’ve taken Ambien but that makes me dizzy for the next day and I never wake up in time.
    I’ve tried vaporized THC once or twice, which managed to put me to sleep, if you don’t count the munchies. Excepting the fact that it’s dead expensive in here, I think it might just worsen things on the brain fog / focus / attention side. Did anyone have any experience with this – is it just me? Also, Valerian Root tea failed me repeatedly. Nothing seems to work.

And I have another question but that should go in the Baking Recipes topic. Is rice flour allowed? For example, I used to do these crackers made of 1 c tapioca flour, 1 c rice flour, olive oil and curry which replaced bread in my gluten free diet. Does any of these ingredients worsen the condition that badly? I know it’s a phase one no-no but.. it’s winter and cold and I’m going to freeze without a bit of good carbs 🙁

P.S. is there somewhere on the blog where people can post their evolution – daily updates and thoughts – a topic with blog-like content, more of a inear expose of the journey – maybe that would help someone at some point or that would have someone who’s been through the same mistakes correct me before I’m about to repeat them or I don’t know.

Meanwhile, I started looking for a dentist to have my amalgam fillings taken out. And well, I’ll try Chlorella at some point.

Love,
    S.

raster
    Participant

Hello Akasha,

Do you have the strict forum food list I created? This list does not contain rice flour. Most forum members follow this food list…

Rice flour can be safe stage 3 which is late in your treatment.

If you have insomnia, I recommend trying PS-100 (Phosphatidylserine) and only the high grade stuff. It is a brain chemical that helps your brain function better and it helps you sleep good as well. Chamomile tea when steeped less than 8 minutes can make you tired. If you steep it longer than 8 mins it gives you energy.

-raster

Akasha
    Participant

Meow, I did, raster – but rice flour is basically the only gluten free flour that I have in my house. And I’m actually pretty broke now.
    And I would die to have a slice of gluten free homemade cracker – the only baked goods I have the time and patience to bake right now.
    But I’ll wait for maybe next week. Maybe have one every week.
    It’s so hard and thought provoking this diet.
    In 2 weeks I already grew bored of all combinations that I can afford.
    But then, it’s only food. Ppl use junk food over and over without getting bored with it or oh well until it hits them w some allergy and toxic sickness like it did with me. But still, cooking and having the same flavours and ingredients over and over is driving me uts.

Hey you guys, what about a section for psychological support?
    I’m getting suicidal and despondent again.
    I’m alone buried in knitwear, it’s cold in here. Europe in winter ia a pain. Now I get it why they blow their brains in Sweden all the time.
    Oh boy do I need a hug.

<3,
    A

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

Suck on a spoonful of Xylitol when you get a sugar craving.
    That helped me enormously. Although don’t go mad with it because it gives some people gas.

You’re a spiritual being. What do you mean by “light beings” in your original post?

Akasha
    Participant

Bansaw;51751 wrote:

You’re a spiritual being. What do you mean by “light beings” in your original post?

Oh well you know, the usual: angels, fairies, spirit guides and things like that. And let’s be skeptical and assume it’s a placebo effect that works for moments of hopelessness and despair – when you can’t afford that shrink and this and that. It may work pretty well that way, but it hasn’t been so efficient for me in trying to keep the candida-related ordeals under control. Not even the depression, guys. Or maybe just that just a little bit..

candida_sucks
    Replies: 148

Akasha;51746 wrote:

Hey you guys, what about a section for psychological support?
    I’m getting suicidal and despondent again.
    I’m alone buried in knitwear, it’s cold in here. Europe in winter ia a pain. Now I get it why they blow their brains in Sweden all the time.
    Oh boy do I need a hug.

<3,
    A

This post won’t be as good as a hug, but I wanted to mention that CRC is known to mess with the female hormone cycle, thereby causing depression. It’s documented in the books by Orian Truss and others.

CS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Sugar binge after 1 week on diet, antifungals & probiotics. Sugar addicted noob only making it worse’ is closed to new replies.