Suffering with Candida for years – Fears and concerns about diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Suffering with Candida for years – Fears and concerns about diet

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Meile 8 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

astraea
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hey everyone, Im so glad I found this forum!
    So Ive had candida symptoms for what seems like forever. I have tried changing my diet, using herbal/natural remedies such as pau d arco, caprylic acid etc etc, and none of them really seemed to work. I really want to do the fast/detox but I have some questions and concerns.
    First off, I have a super busy lifestyle. I am an athlete, have a job and am a full time student. I have pretty much no days to fully fast and cleanse properly without having to do active things. Do you think that the only way to properly eliminate candida is to start with that detox process? I have been following the candida diet which has been making me feel better, but I would hate to one night decide to have a glass of wine with dinner then end up at square one again. Do you suggest that I do the cleanse anyway? Has any of you found it impossible to be active while during the cleanse? I dont think I can live with this candida anymore, but I would hate to be miserable at school/work/sports for some weeks and potentially run my immune system too low.
    Any advice would be great!!
    Astraea

NFerrari24
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I hope someone with authority answers your questions as I have the same as well. I am doing well into weaning into the “detox” program by cutting out coffee, my one glass of Chardonnay which are my only vices. I do miss having a larger variety of fruit especially since summer fruits are here …. oh, how I hope this will all work! Nancy

Meile
    Replies: 26

I think you should just continue to follow the strict diet. You need an easy schedule to cleanse with lots of rest because the quick purge of toxins makes you feels weak. Cleasing is a fast way to rid the candida, but with your lifestyle a gradual diet is more suitable, especially since it sounds like you are already getting some good results. Hold out on the glass of wine if you can, that said one glass will not take you back to square one.

TT
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 35

What Meile says is true.

Stick to the strict diet if you cannot find the time for the cleanse.
    Either that or take a weeks holiday(vacation if you are American 😀 ) and go to a spa and get all the cleansing done there or at home! 🙂

I’ve found the diet itself very hard when it came around to exam time and I cracked under the pressure and the diet went out the window.

Alot of those natural remedies may not work for everyone while some may work very quickly on certain people. Did you try them individually at a time for a few weeks each? Mixing them about probably wouldn’t help.

I honestly don’t think I could do the cleanse fully even though I would love to try.
    Going to stick to the diet myself get back into it.

Keep us updating on what you decide to do!

minnow
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 13

I am currently on the detox I am on day 5 of 7. You do feel weak and tired for maybe the first 4 days. I would suggest you if you do the detox to take a week off as some one previously mentioned.

The detox is has been great to me. I am over weight and I have lost 10 lbs in one week. I just need to be careful to keep that off now as i gain weight easily.

TT

minnow wrote: I am currently on the detox I am on day 5 of 7. You do feel weak and tired for maybe the first 4 days. I would suggest you if you do the detox to take a week off as some one previously mentioned.

The detox is has been great to me. I am over weight and I have lost 10 lbs in one week. I just need to be careful to keep that off now as i gain weight easily.

Wow! Well done that is excellent you are sticking it out.

A poster mentioned that alot of the weight loss at the start is water.
    When you go back to eating solid foods like the veggies and such you may find you pop on a pound or two but that’s ok.

In saying that…I’m leaving for New York in a weeks time and loosing a few pounds would be lovely way to start my summer feeling good and less bloated!

minnow
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 13

thank you…but my concern now is i have a family function on the weekend after my detox and i know i am going to fall off…i just want to know if i do should i pick up the detox again or pickup where i left off?

TT

minnow wrote: thank you…but my concern now is i have a family function on the weekend after my detox and i know i am going to fall off…i just want to know if i do should i pick up the detox again or pickup where i left off?

Depends really on what all you eat and drink?

Maybe at this family function avoid the very bad things like the things that contain yeast esp.

Will you be drinking alcohol at this event?

I’d say if you don’t fall off the wagon too hard and it’s only for one day then you wouldn’t need to do a full week of detox again.
    Maybe only a day or two days of detox if you want to be sure. Then get stuck into the diet again.

I’m in the same boat with a function on this weekend but I’m just not going to bring the money and as a result not be able to drink ha!

Meile
    Replies: 26

See how you feel after you fall off the wagon. To get your candida under control though you really need to make a commitment to the diet.

I have the same problem with alcohol and coffee. I’ve completely changed my diet for 6 months now and mostly eat the food on the candida list as a lifestyle. I used to love sweets but now I don’t even like them.

I’ve found since I started taking Threelac I feel much better and can get away with a bit of wine every week.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Suffering with Candida for years – Fears and concerns about diet’ is closed to new replies.