Suffering for years

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Suffering for years

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  candidagonegirl 1 year ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Whatisnormal
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

I have been suffering for more than 10 years. No doctor could pinpoint what is wrong with me and I am almost positive that candida is to blame for all my problems. On a daily basis I have to deal with
    -acid reflux
    -hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
    -athlete’s foot
    -oily skin and acne
    -underweight (cannot gain a pound)
    -bad breath and white tongue
    I have been suffering for too long. I did the spit test and it came back positive. I am aware that dietary changes can help, but what are my real chances of getting rid of this parasite? How long will it take? What’s the best course of action against it? Thanks for your help in advance.

laurenziano
    Blocked
    Replies: 25

Best take 10000 mg of ascorbic acid a day. Its the only thing that will kill candida yeast. Read on the internet people being cured of leukemia diabetes candida yeast tuberculosis everything with 100.000 mg of ascorbic acid daily-brought back from death. It is truly the only thing I trust-read it for yourself and save yourself. Any other advice might help but ascorbic acid kills germs bacteria flu colds and candida

Whatisnormal
    Participant

First time I heard of Vitamin C being strong enough to kill candida. Thank you for your reply, any other advice is greatly appreciated.

RobyRob
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 55

Could be candida or could be something else. I would suggest you visit a functional medicine doctor and get lab tests.
    If you have candida it usually takes months to reduce it and then changing your lifestyle or it will come back.

Whatisnormal
    Participant

It is 100% candida because I had numerous tests done as well as a (unnecessary) endoscopy to determine the reason for my acid reflux. The gastroenterologist sent me away with a recommendation to a psychiatrist to be treated for anxiety.

texan
    Participant
    Replies: 40

This happens so often. Someone dealing with a chronic condition (it doesn’t have to be Candida) can’t find a doctor who recognizes their symptoms, and so they just get sent to a psychiatrist.

Whatisnormal
    Participant

In my opinion doctors are idiots with prescription pads. Throughout the years, I have seen numerous psychiatrists (per recommendation) and have tried numerous pills with little to no help. The only thing I find useful to calm my symptoms is by medicating with marijuana (legal state.) My main symptoms are hyperhidrosis and acid reflux. If I could make those symptoms disappear my lifestyle would improve dramatically. I recently even got rejected to make love to a female because of my bad breath… and I don’t even blame her.

texan
    Participant
    Replies: 40

What kind of testing did you get to verify the candida overgrowth? The comprehensive stool analysis is generally considered the best.

The hyperhidrosis, acid reflux, and bad breath can all be linked back to low stomach acid. Have you tried supplements like Betaine HCl? Or digestive bitters? If you’re taking antacids, that can make things worse.
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/how-important-is-stomach-acid/

Whatisnormal
    Participant

Thank you I will look into that. The spit test and symptoms tell me everything I need to know, except a way to cure it. I also suffer from athlete’s foot, severe anxiety and depression, oily skin, overproduction of ear wax, and the fact that I have weighed 120 pounds for the past 6 years. Any information is very helpful, thank you in advance.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

The spit test is notoriously unreliable –
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/testingforcandida.htm#Spittle

You should get the stool test to make sure. Otherwise you might be treating the wrong condition!

Whatisnormal
    Participant

Most if not all of my symptoms seem to be attributed to candida. My spit is always cloudy and web-like which is a good indication that I actually have candida. There seem to be no other diseases that add up with all my symptoms.

Whatisnormal
    Participant

I am honestly considering suicide at this point since there seems to be no cure for my problems and never will. I have been struggling with this shit for way too long. I would love to fall asleep forever and never wake up. Never have to deal with all the problems that keep me from living a life.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

Hi again. Don’t give up! You’ll figure out what’s wrong, even if it takes a little longer.

Did you get the stool test? Did you go to see a functional dr?

Remember that you can’t really make any diagnosis from looking at your spit. The spit test was popularized a few years back by the company that makes Threelac (a really low CFU, expensive probiotic) to boost their sales. There are proper tests that you can take, like the stool test. The ‘spit test’ is not a diagnostic test.

There are lots more things to try and to investigate. You’ll get there in the end 🙂

candidagonegirl
    Participant
    Replies: 2

Hey there! Remember our thoughts manifest themselves physically in our body and having a negative approach will only worsen your condition. I know that’s easier said than done with all the symptoms you’re experiencing and you must be thinking, who is this stranger on the internet to tell me this. I’ve actually had candida for 10 years, unable to get rid of it. It too has affected my life, self-esteem and relationships and has lead me to episodes of anxiety and depression. My candida has stripped me of a normal, healthy sex life as well and has put me in a lot of emotionally painful situations.

What I do believe, after seemingly trying everything doctors have prescribed me and still not being able to get rid of it, is that there is a big portion of it that is phycological. I still am unaware of what exactly took me to this point but the truth is I haven’t done absolutely everything in my power to get rid of this.

I had read that a strict diet was necessary, but until two months ago kept telling myself: “that’s impossible to follow for me. That will take too long. I travel too much and love food too much to be able to do this. There must be a pill that I can take that will remove this.” I was always looking for the easy-fix or tried doing the diet for one month and after seeing no improvement, relapsed into my regular lifestyle again. In general I don’t eat unhealthy and do lots of exercise so I think a lot of this is self-sabotage as it is much easier to complain and feel sorry for yourself than it is to do the hard work.

I can’t say that this is your case, just wanted to share with you my experience with it up to this point and hopefully inspire some food for thought. Although I still have not been cured, I’m motivated and proud of myself for sticking to the plan for this long. I’m about to go two months on the candida diet and taking the probiotics daily. I have never been a very disciplined person when it comes to my personal life so keeping a diet this strict and taking a pill everyday is a step up for me. I am very driven professionally but I feel like this is the first time I have really wanted to put all this energy on myself and I hope that this time I am able to cure myself once and for all.

I posted a journal as well and will update my progress as I go.

Stay positive and don’t give up man! There are some many wonderful things in life to stick around for 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Suffering for years’ is closed to new replies.