Succes story: how I cured my candida (and CFS) in under 2 months

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Succes story: how I cured my candida (and CFS) in under 2 months

This topic contains 26 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  weehen 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Hi guys,

As I thought this forum could use a succes story I’d like to write about how I temporarily cured my candida and had a break from 8 years long chronic fatigue in jan/feb of last year.

At the time I was volunteering in a vegan community in South-India, living in huts working with water conservation and eating local fresh vegan meals. I had two reasons to go there: 1: to get away from my life and open my world, and 2: to cure myself of my chronic fatigue which had been ruining my life for years. At least 4 of the 8 years of chronic fatigue were caused by candida. Before candida my chronic fatigue was diagnosed as a comorbid condition belonging to chronic depression. Not realizing I had candida, I had made the problem worse for years with alcohol and sugar abuse to deal with depression. So the candida was really bad and lodged in deep in the gut by the time I started to deal with it.

My symptoms were:
    – Chronic fatigue
    – Brainfog, feeling completely spaced out
    – Rectal itching accompanied or caused by mucous secretion
    – White mucous/thrush on penis
    – Thrush on tongue
    – Constipation/irregular bowel movements
    – Bloating
    – Being out of breath a lot for no reason
    – Muscle pain in the legs/heavy legs
    – Dry eyes (wow, now I realize this is probably why i couldnt where contacts anymore: candida. Oh well, too late, I lasered.)
    – Feeling hot one moment and cold the next
    – Concentration problems
    – Depression

So then it was time to take the plunge and start. I had no idea about this forum or specific protocols, all I knew from my on limited research was that I basically couldn’t eat anything anymore. The die off was hell on diet alone. I was totally incapacitated for 10 days, after which suddenly I noticed my strength coming back. I then started to take these supplements:

– pre and probiotic capsules (in one). No idea about the ingredients, strains, or bacteria count. It was cheap. But everything is cheap in India.
    – Spirulina capsules. Someone was going on about its crazy health benefits, so I decided to take it. I had no idea about its fungal-inhibiting properties.
    – Neem tree capsules. Neem tree has powerful medicinal qualities and is also a fungus inhibitor.
    – B12
    And two weeks later:
    – Miracle Mineral Solution or: MMS. Someone in the community heard about my health problems and decided to treat me with MMS. She said that it once saved here life in Africa, curing here meningitis in 1 day. She also said that it completely cured cancer in a friend of hers. You are supposed to take MMS in combination with citric acid, because then it makes chlorine dioxide. Chlorine dioxide is the most powerful pathogen killer known to man. In two weeks I slowly went up to the maximum dose.

All of these supplements I took together with meals 3 times a day, except the MMS which I took 2 times a day. I had no idea that antifungals could harm the effect of probiotics. After about 2 weeks (1 month in the diet) I started to up the dose of all the capsules till I took about 20 a day in total.

My progress after the initial die-off was slow, at least I felt like that since I was so tired all the time. Now I realize it could have been a lot of die off. My diet in the community consisted of the following:

– Brown rice and coconut as staple foods. We had fantastic tasting brown rice grown not too far away, and awesome fresh local coconuts. There were periods where I would only eat this for days as it was about the only food that would make me feel good.
    – Vegetables. Mostly onions and garlic with the rice. Also salads once or twice a day. Sometimes lentilsoup.
    – Potatoes or sweet potatoes maybe once a week.

South Indian food is the best food in the world. Seriously. So I couldn’t help but eat out and cheat a couple of times a week.

– Mostly chapatti’s with chutney. Chutney’s weren’t a problem (well maybe the tomatochutney) but chapatti’s are whole wheat flower pancakes. I don’t remember having bad reactions to them though. At the time I didn’t know it was not allowed on the diet.
    – Samosa’s (deep fried white flower veggie snacks) Also I liked deep fried cauliflower. Strangely no direct damage felt.

On a sidenote: I was also smoking a couple of times a week.

The point of sudden health.
    I just woke up one day on week 7 or 8 and felt AMAZING. I was actually AWAKE, and alert. These sudden releases of energy normally would happen to me once or twice a year, lasting maybe a few hours, but this one lasted for 3 days. For the first time in 8 years, I was feeling awake and healthy for a whole day. Then another day, and another. It was incredible. I was happy.

Then it went wrong. I was feeling so good that I got cocky and made the mistake of eating white rice. I was constipated for a full week, and did not regain my clarity after that. It took a lot of time to forgive myself for that stupid mistake. I also started eating sourdough bread with cashewbutter, as I didn’t know it was bad. 1 month later I left the community to head up north and thus didn’t get the chance to stay on a strict diet anymore. I still was taking capsules, and even started taking Fluconazole, but they didn’t help at all. Fluconazole only made me weak and pale.

So, that was that. I spend the rest of the year on a half-ass diet, until the candida finally caught up on me fully again due to sugar, alcohol and depression. Now I’m trying only the MMS to see if it was that stuff which really cured me, and not the Spirulina or Neem. My MMS log can be found on the advice section of this forum.

I thought it was interesting to show an alternative route to curing candida. As I was staying in a vegan community, I did not have fish, meat, dairy or eggs. I had no access to quality probiotics, and the probiotics that I was taking I was taking with meals, and with antifungals, jeopardizing its effectiveness. Spirulina and Neem are seldom named here, though may have played a big part. The cheats sound pretty bad, but still I was cured in under two months. Truly, a full disappearance of all the symptoms I’ve ever had.

All of this raises questions to me.

– The questionable effectiveness of probiotics. If its true that you should take them on an empty stomach, and not with antifungals, then I was doing it really wrong. Could our belief in them be misplaced?

EDIT: I was wrong to question this. I have been without probiotics for a week and doing worse. I must assume I did have decent ones in India, and even though taking them with food and antifungals, they still worked.

– The role of MMS. I was taking 2 fungal inhibitors (neem and spirulina), and 1 fungus killer (the MMS). Could the effect of all those together have caused my progress to be so fast? Was it just the MMS? Or are Spirulina and Neem the most powerful antifungals we can find?

– The possible detrimental effects of all animal products. Could it have been the veganism that gave my body the break it needed? My digestion has never been so good as when I was on the vegan diet.

– Does brown rice really feed candida? I was having brown rice 3 times day, and never had a bad reaction to it.

I guess that was it. I hope some people may find inspiration in this, that there is a way to cure their condition. I know how hopeless a chronic disease can make you feel. But we must keep pushing because there is a way out. No one should be the victim of this disease, whether you call it CFS or candida albicans. There is cure, and we have to fight for it. Energy is our natural state, and happiness is our birthright!

Lots of love to my fellow sufferers,

Chris

sophie
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

I’ve been lurking around the forum for a while but I had to post a reply to this. MMS is dangerous (its basically bleach) and no one should be promoting it on this forum…

Here is the link from the FDA:
    http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm220747.htm

And here’s the text, in case that link doesn’t work:

“FDA Warns Consumers of Serious Harm from Drinking Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS)
    Product contains industrial strength bleach

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers not to take Miracle Mineral Solution, an oral liquid also known as “Miracle Mineral Supplement” or “MMS.” The product, when used as directed, produces an industrial bleach that can cause serious harm to health.

The FDA has received several reports of health injuries from consumers using this product, including severe nausea, vomiting, and life-threatening low blood pressure from dehydration.

Consumers who have MMS should stop using it immediately and throw it away.

MMS is distributed on Internet sites and online auctions by multiple independent distributors. Although the products share the MMS name, the look of the labeling may vary.

The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration.

MMS claims to treat multiple unrelated diseases, including HIV, hepatitis, the H1N1 flu virus, common colds, acne, cancer, and other conditions. The FDA is not aware of any research that MMS is effective in treating any of these conditions. MMS also poses a significant health risk to consumers who may choose to use this product for self-treatment instead of seeking FDA-approved treatments for these conditions.

The FDA continues to investigate and may pursue civil or criminal enforcement actions as appropriate to protect the public from this potentially dangerous product.

The FDA advises consumers who have experienced any negative side effects from MMS to consult a health care professional as soon as possible and to discard the product. Consumers and health care professionals should report adverse events to the FDA’s MedWatch program at 800-FDA-1088 or online at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/report.htm.”

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

sophie wrote: I’ve been lurking around the forum for a while but I had to post a reply to this. MMS is dangerous (its basically bleach) and no one should be promoting it on this forum…

Hello, Sophie.

I hate to tell you, but you may be wasting your time with this. I’ve already tried to show the research, sometimes people believe what they want to believe, unfortunately, and choose to avoid the research.

Here’s the original post.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2304_MMS-chlorine-dioxide-Supposedly-THE-most-powerful-anti-fungalanti-pathogen-out-there.aspx

Able

Chris24

Wow, I did not know this topic was gonna be about some FDA warning instead of me actually curing a chronic disease that had been with me for 8 years within 2 months!?

I am not uninformed, I’m not stupid, and I have done my research. Guess I have to make a case. I hope you guys are open to my arguments and research. I am willing to listen if you are.

Just for the record: I am not promoting MMS, and have no link to its production or sale. I’m just describing my experience with it.

The FDA claims, yet they bring up no evidence to back up their claim.

Claim #1: MMS is basically bleach.

Now look closely at what they are saying. They are saying that sodium chlorite, a water purification compound is bleach. Besides the obvious facts that bleach has different ingredients and requires a reducing agent, think about the following. Would you pour bleach on open wounds? Would you use bleach to purify our drinking water, to rinse our food? I think not. Yet this is exactly what has been going on for years. Why? Because acidified sodium chlorite is FDA approved to be used to clean our food and water, and is also used as an alternative to alcohol in wound disinfecting.

“The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is amending the food
    additive regulations to provide for the safe use of acidified solutions
    of sodium chlorite as an antimicrobial agent in processing water and
    ice intended for use in contact with seafood.”

“The additive is used as an antimicrobial agent in water and
    ice that are used to rinse, wash, thaw, transport, or store seafood in
    accordance with current industry standards of good manufacturing
    practice. The additive is produced by mixing an aqueous solution of
    sodium chlorite with any GRAS acid to achieve a pH in the range of 2.5
    to 2.9 and diluting this solution with water to achieve an actual use
    concentration of 40 to 50 parts per million (ppm) sodium chlorite. Any
    seafood that is intended to be consumed raw shall be subjected to a
    potable water rinse prior to consumption.” (1)

40 to 50 ppm! The amounts that are taken by people are 1 to 4 ppm. Acidified sodium chlorite aka chlorine dioxide has been tested to up to 300 ppm. A toxic chemical? Not really.
    Table salt in high enough doses will kill you. But in small doses it is harmless. Same with sodium chlorite, exept, sodium chlorite hasnt killed anyone, not even when a 25 year old man tried to kill himself with an extreme overdose of 10 grams of pure sodium chlorite. That is hundreds of times the dose of MMS users, the difference being of course that MMS users first acidify the solution. The man fully recovered. (2)

Claim #2:MMS is taken as an aqueous solution of 28% sodium chlorite

Not really. MMS is really 22.4% sodium chlorite which isn’t a big difference from their statement but it shows that they don’t know what they are talking about. But a dose of MMS is never 28% or even 22.4% sodium chlorite. It is 0.016% — 1750 times less potent than they would have you believe. (3)
    MMS users use a few drops in a glass, which they then fill with water. The actual concentration of sodium chlorite ingested is ridiculously small since most of the solution turns into the harmless chlorine dioxide.

Claim #3: There is no way that MMS can differentiate between pathogens and beneficial bacteria

There are obvious differences. First off, the pathogen generates poisons and the beneficial bacteria do not. Second, taken from Jim Humbles partial e-book: All organisms and body cells and even liquids have an ORP (oxidation Reduction Potential) that can be either positive or negative. The ORP is the electrical charge that cells exert on other things in their immeditate environment. Oxidizers also have an ORP, mostly called Oxidation Potential, and all oxidizers have a positive potential. Now an interesting point:
    – All pathogens (poison producers) have a negative ORP; and
    – All beneficial bacteria have a positive ORP.

MMS is an oxidizer, therefore, it is positively charged and cant do anything with positively charged beneficial bacteria. Pathogens however are destroyed because their negative charge causes them to be oxidized.
    “What is ORP?
    Oxidation Reduction Potential. This is basically a measure of the molecular charge which gives the level of the ability of a substance to oxidize or reduce oxidation. A positive ORP charge indicates that the substance is an oxidizer. The higher the positive charge the stronger the oxidizing power. To oxidize involves the exchange of electrons between two atoms. The atom that gains the electron is said to be oxidized, which means that the chemical makeup is changed and it either dies, or in the case of our body cells the DNA is altered. A negative ORP indicates the ability to donate electrons, the higher the negative charge, the greater the ability to provide electrons. This is the level of the ability to be an antioxidant. Free radicals (chlorine dioxide is a free radical) are oxidizers and their ability to oxidize is eliminated or reduced by the addition of electrons from atoms with a negative ORP.” (4)

The pathogens, which are negatively charged donates its electrons to the oxidizer (MMS) which is postively charged. The loss of its electrons kills the pathogen.

Other reasons why I am sceptic of the FDA’s warning.

Once you dig into the world of the pharmaceutical industry, you will find out that as with any other industry: money rules everything.(5) You dont have to read Lynne Mctaggert’s ‘What Doctors Dont Tell You’ or see Michael Moore’s Sicko in order to find that one out. Here are some issues to consider:

Chlorine dioxide is known as the most powerful pathogen killer out there, and has been used for about a hundred years because of it. Then why is there no research going in to the medicinal use of chlorine dioxide to treat life threatening diseases? Simple: because for Big Pharma, there is no money in it. It can not be patented, and as is the case, the pharmaceutical industry is all about patenting.(5) If MMS actually destroys pathogens effectively, that would render countless of FDA approved drugs useless. A whole economy would fall! Of course the FDA tries to stop this. With lies. This is no conspiracy theory. Think about it. The FDA approves sodium chlorite to be used in large quantities in water purification and food, and at the same time bans it for medicinal purposes because it is toxic bleach? Makes sense?

Cannabis oil has been proven to reduce cancer tumors, (6) yet, we all know about the USA’s futile war on drugs. Now, finally we see cannabis being used medicinally, in a controlled way. Why? There is money to be earned this way.

There is an oncologist in Italy treating cancer succesfully with baking powder. Yes, no joke. (7) Sodium bicarbonate is used to treat tumors smaller than 3 cm in diameter, with significant results. The doctor lost his medical license. Why treat people with an effective cheap treatment (which again, can’t be patented) when you could treat them with super expensive damaging chemo or carcinogenic radiation therapy?

FDA approved drugs kill thousands of people every year. This is a fact. And we worry about MMS?

Fluconazole, an FDA approved drug, is known to at least cause damage to the liver. MMS is not known to cause any damage. Ever. And millions of people are using it worldwide. On the internet you will find hundreds of testimonies from people who have used MMS to cure countless of diseases.

Don’t fall for scare tactics. Look for good arguments instead. “A quick google search” doesn’t cut it.

If anyone has any good research indicating MMS is poison, I would really like to see it. In the meantime, below are my sources.

1: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/98fr/081399a.txt

2: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8290712

3: http://www.mmsworldcourt.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=208

4: http://www.joyfulalternatives.com/whatisorp.html

5: http://www.democracynow.org/2011/10/31/deadly_monopolies_medical_ethicist_harriet_washington

6:http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cannabis+oil+tumors&oq=cannabis+oil+tumors&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=1586l1586l0l3015l1l1l0l0l0l0l217l217l2-1l1l0

7: http://www.curenaturalicancro.com/

Furthermore:
    “Curiously, stabilized sodium chlorite that does not generate chlorine dioxide has been patented for intravenous use in the treatment of autoimmune diseases, hepatitis and lymph cancers. It supposedly prevents or reduces antigen activity and autoimmune responses.” (8)
    http://www.wipo.int/patentscope/search/en/WO1999017787

8: http://www.health-science-spirit.com/MMS.html

http://phaelosopher.com/2007/09/09/no-miracle-just-wonderful-chemistry/

Critics claims and counterarguments: http://www.mmsworldcourt.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=208

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

– The possible detrimental effects of all animal products. Could it have been the veganism that gave my body the break it needed? My digestion has never been so good as when I was on the vegan diet.

Unfortunetaly I know a person who is vegan and got candida. She is eating very healthy. But I know MANY people are feeling better on a vegan diet than on a meat-diet.

– Does brown rice really feed candida? I was having brown rice 3 times day, and never had a bad reaction to it.

I have read multiple books about the candida diet and in every one brown rice is allowed. I eat brown rice every other day. Oat and legumes is also allowed in the books.

Chris24

Dear Able and sophie. Please don’t treat me like an oblivious outcast, I am a reasonable human being and am willing to discuss this with you both. I don’t fall for the FDA’s scare tactics, I have done my research. Please look at my arguments so we can discuss this like equal human beings. Like you, I don’t like to be patronized for having a different opinion or experience. All I did was write down my experience, which is free knowledge and can be helpful. I don’t understand the negativity here.

Chris24

NadjaB wrote:
    Unfortunetaly I know a person who is vegan and got candida. She is eating very healthy. But I know MANY people are feeling better on a vegan diet than on a meat-diet.

Yes you can get candida on a vegan diet just as easy as on a meat-based diet. However, the question I was asking myself was if an anti-candida vegan diet could do a better job at curing someone than a anti-candida diet with animal products. I also know people that are very happy vegans, however I dont believe it is good for everyone.

I have read multiple books about the candida diet and in every one brown rice is allowed. I eat brown rice every other day. Oat and legumes is also allowed in the books.

Ah thanks for the heads up! Appreciate it. But really, whole oats? You don’t mean gluten free or oat bran?

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

They say whole oats yes. But I cannot figure out why since they recommend to avoid wheat, barley and rye, which is gluten. Like whole oat. Confusing.

I think everyone should do what feels best for them. Vegan, brown rice, meat, oat. Since the recommendations are there it must work as long as we exclude white flour and sugar. That’s my conclusion..

Chris24

Important note:

I am no longer allowed to mention the controversial water purification drops again on this website. It is unfortunate that we can’t discuss this any further, but I see no other way but to refrain from mentioning it again. I respect the admins decision, and hope that every person thinks for him or herself when it comes to new ways of thinking and alternative medicine.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Chris24 wrote: Important note:

I am no longer allowed to mention the controversial water purification drops again on this website. It is unfortunate that we can’t discuss this any further, but I see no other way but to refrain from mentioning it again. I respect the admins decision, and hope that every person thinks for him or herself when it comes to new ways of thinking and alternative medicine.

Was there an explanation given? I mean, you can test what you want and share your experiments with us. Its your body isn’t it? If they are afraid that someone is doing something stupid why are they not afraid that the diet is something stupid. My MD things its nuts and dangerous. As none here is an official MD giving advice to folk I find that the admin comes in extremely wired and stupid. Especially when I as a long-time member dont see a post from the admin about it.

Hey admin can you please drop a note here. I would like to know how his test go for him. He is doing it anyhow. So what’s the big deal?!

cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thomas wrote: I find that the admin comes in extremely wired and stupid.

Hi, Thomas.
    The administration is acting in a manner which is the opposite of ‘wired and stupid.” In fact, they’re acting in a very responsible manner. Did you read the information on the link that Sophie posted leading to the report released by the FDA? The report is a direct warning against using “Miracle Mineral Solution” also known as MMS.

The FDA, or the Food and Drug Administration of the United States, is an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; a part of our government in other words, and it’s governed by US Federal laws and regulations. The job of the FDR is to protect the health of US citizens by assuring that foods are safe, sanitary and properly labeled; that drugs and vaccines and other biological products and medical devices intended for human use are safe and effective, and helping the public to obtain accurate, science-based information they need to safely use products, medicines, devices, and foods to improve their health.

I’m just guessing, but I imagine the reason the administration asked Chris to cease posting his cure-Candida-with-MSM messages is due to the FDR’s research and science-based report concerning the product. Since the website refers to the FDA on their home page, I assume that the site is owned by a United States citizen, and any responsible business located in the United States would be wise enough to follow the FDA’s warnings and would respond in the same manner as this administration has.

Able

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi Thomas

I like to see healthy debate on the forum and I very rarely intervene in conversations. However MMS is an extremely controversial treatment, and I do not want to see anyone pushing it to forum members here.

In addition to the FDA link above, here are links from the Canadian and UK authorities also urging people to discard their MMS:

http://www.food.gov.uk/news/newsarchive/2010/sep/mms
    http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media/advisories-avis/_2012/2012_21-eng.php

Best,
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Thank you for responding, I am going to look into it.
    cheers
    thomas

sby
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 27

I’d like to put in my two cents on this please…I did read Chris’ #3 reference, as well as others, in addition to the FDA, Canada and UK sites, and found it to be interesting. I am interested in learning about alternative remedies so I like to check them out personally. Thanks for reading. End.

Chris24

Bumping for new people.

First my account got banned, then my candida log gets locked without notice and now my IP is banned from this forum.. Nice… So much for support.

Oh well, I hope some people will actually find something useful and positive in my story, instead of condemning me for having a different opinion/experience.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Succes story: how I cured my candida (and CFS) in under 2 months’ is closed to new replies.