stuck in storm no power !

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions stuck in storm no power !

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  hope4eva77 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

So I calld out of work because of a blizzard coming 10-20 inches and hubby drives the plow trucks so no baby sitter anyway they are mad because I am considered emergency personel but whatever nuthin I could do and I’m not risking my life out there. So my power goes out in the middle of cooking a whole chicken! And I was gonna make sum sides with it! Now I’m freaking starving with nuthin appropriate to eat unless I at cold vegggies I guess I will eventually! I put chicken half cookd in fridge but its probably ruined? Huh? And I’m all alone with my baby with no heat hot water or way to cook! I have a few candels but not enough wasent prepared boy wont make that mistake again! Needed more candels and food to give her Idont know bout me I’m screwd! But I gave her a sandwich its to cold fir food to go bad just can’t cook main issue is the no heat!

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

You OK Faith? I watched it on the news. It’s pretty bad out there…

Hope the power came back soon.

Arijana

hope4eva77

Yes thank u girl! We have power back yesterday it was a cold night! !! I took my baby with a candle in room bundle her up with coat and hat mittens everything! And I did the same! Unable to cook I ate a sandwich with cold celery and avocado. I am back on track today the only thing we don’t have yet is internet I’m on my phone now.

I haven’t seen but a few mins of hubby in past few days he has had only a few hrs sleep and is still out there clearing rds. His business is new and he was not prepared for this and ended up breaking sum of his equipment and having to shovel alot more! Plus he probably has over a grand in repairs but alot of new customers calld him and its extra money!

I think we got around 3 ft maybe more I couldn’t even open more door at 1st cuz the snow barricaded us in!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I just saw your post, Hope.
    I’m really glad to see that you and your baby are safe and warm now.
    I’m sure the night was a nightmare.

Able

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Thanks for responding and letting us know you’re OK.

We had something like this here last year in February. The snow was half our doors and windows. Had to dig our way out, literally! Nothing worked for about a week, and we worked from home the second week. I had horrible die-off during this episode and had to walk to the client on an important call. I couldn’t even find my car so I had to go on foot. Put my ski gear on and I don’t know how I got there and back. I remember falling into snow few times as I was so unsure on my feet. Luckily, the power was on mostly, had only few cut-offs. By the end of the week I had some brown rice as I ran out of food. And sure, grocery stores made sure they have tons of bread and starchy stuff, no veggies!

This year I am so much better and ready for tons of snow, but we didn’t have anything decent yet. Played in snow with girls only once since winter started :(.

Anyway, I am really glad you’re OK! Sorry about hubby’s equipment, things like that happen. Great news about more work though 🙂

Arijana

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Glad you’re okay! All my east coast friends have been telling me crazy stories about how intense that storm was!

hope4eva77

Yeah I couldn’t see my car or out my door crazy! It took a long time to shovel out and then the states trucks came and plowed us in again!

Happy I didn’t have to shovel!
    It was a hard night and morn till we had heat back took a good few hrs to get house warm again! I had no idea it was gonna b this bad! And can y’all believe they wanted me at work! Bump that shit yo hell NA! I know I’m a health care worker but damn! Well thanks y’all for the kind comments!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘stuck in storm no power !’ is closed to new replies.