Struggling

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nia 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

LAOKC
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

This is my first post on the forum, and I am here today because I have been suffering from candida since 2014.Oral Thrush, nail fungus, skin rash, anal itching. THE WHOLE SHEBANG. I didn’t know I had candida until 2016 and it has been a struggle ever since.

I did the full on candida diet, as instructed by this diet plan for 6 weeks in 2017 and I saw little to no results.

I was devastated.
    I felt a bit more energy, but now, a year later I am just as stressed out as ever.

I was so beyond starving during the diet that I felt miserable almost the entire time. I am a small person, but my apatite has always been very normal, other than my lighting fast metabolism. After I eat, and in all honesty, I usually metabolize within 30 minutes to an hour and then I go back to being hungry again. So eating almost feels pointless sometimes. It’s infuriating.
    Sometimes people are concerned I have an eating disorder, but I don’t feel like that is accurate. I eat all the time! But, my body just reacts differently to everything I eat… especially when caffeine is involved. I feel like I can never win.

I struggle to gain weight. I have weighed 114 pounds since I was 16 years old, and it has gone up or down a pound or two, but thats it. Since 2018, I now weigh 108 pounds and I cannot determine why. I struggle to ever feel full… even when I am on a “Eat anything you want” diet.
    But now, I am trying to get back on to the full on, Candida diet that is ruthless.. but it stresses me out so so much. The Stress of eating such a select collection of foods makes me feel so scared! I am hungry all the time anyway, so I have no desire to stop eating bread when it’s like , the number 1 “filled up” food I can eat.. which then of course and hour later I have a POUNDING headache.

I guess what I am saying is I feel even more stress about being on the Candida Diet than actually being on it and I almost would rather feel tired and head aches than feel hungry all the time.
    Help!
    Does anyone else have this kind of struggle with their candida?

Nia
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 46

I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. Root cause Estrogen Dominance. Look into your hormones and start thinking outside the box. Write down your history literally on a sheet of paper from the earliest you can remember to date. It took for my doctor to switch clinics and me be assigned a new doctor to learn this. My Candida and SIBO wasn’t making sense to me as why I was still having issue. Especially throat related issues. Random reactions like random except with coffee. Don’t give up the devil is in the details you gotta keep going.

And if your hunger is your issue. Add more protein and good fats that should keep you satiated. Hunger on a clean diet, what are you hungry for? Is it anything in particular or just general.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.