Struggling with the Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Struggling with the Diet

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Calliopebrook 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Cally
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 14

I’m sure lots of people have posted similar things, but I have looked through the forums and couldn’t find anything specific that answered my questions, so here goes:

I am on day 4 of the first stage of the diet (just eggs, salad and veg). I didn’t do the cleanse, simply for the fact that I have tried before and felt so ill that I had to break the diet. My main issue is that upon waking everytime I stand up from sitting or lying I feel dizzy, I then go and attempt to make my breakfast (2 eggs, scrambled). I usually get to the point of putting my coconut oil in the pan before having to sit down becasue I start feeling extremely nauseous. After I have eaten my breakfast and have sat down for a bit I start to feel better.

I find it a real struggle to simply eat eggs, salad and vegetables for the whole day (to the point where the thought of eating vegetables is making me feel sick). I am hungry all the time, and my question is that would it be completely detrimental to the diet if I simply move on to the next stage? i.e. eating a few portions of chicken/fish?

I have a blood test on Wednesday morning (I usually feel pretty faint after these anyway) so I am thinking that I should eat some chicken/fish on Tuesday evening to combat the morning dizziness/nausea, but wondered what you guys think?

I am certainly serious about the diet and eliminating my candida, however not to the detriment of my overall health!

Thanks alot

Cally

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Go ahead and continue with stage one and add in some more foods if you want. Here are the stages we follow on the forum:

stage 0: detox/cleanse
    stage 1: long term anti-candida diet
    stage 2: more foods for when you are basically symptom free and are long over die-off
    stage 3: basically a healthy non-candida diet

I’d try out the coconut or teff bread, eat some avocados, and some buckwheat.

-raster

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Daily saunas are what helps me the most. It reduces my die off symptoms, gives me more mental clarity, energy, and helps me sleep a full cycle.

I try to go 15-30 mins, 4-5 times a week.

JohnnyPonny
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 39

Hey.

The protocol on this page is pretty hard to follow. It may be efficient, but I wouldn’t start at this at once. My experience is that I’m different form many of the other people on the forum. By that I mean symtoms and what I feel good by eating and not. Pretty hard to determent when its a “die off” symptom or food reaction.

But try cutting out these items to start with: sugar(lactose, sugar palm, dextrose) yeast and gluten if you suspect that you have problems with this.

And if you can afford it, try to find a good holistic doctor in your area. It’s hard to do all the research by your self.
    Take it easy in the beginning. A lot of information to process and a lot of “alternative” food to get to know. This process takes time, for most people. But you will probably get better, it just takes time ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sincerely
    Johnny

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Cally;29476 wrote: I’m sure lots of people have posted similar things, but I have looked through the forums and couldn’t find anything specific that answered my questions, so here goes:

I am on day 4 of the first stage of the diet (just eggs, salad and veg). I didn’t do the cleanse, simply for the fact that I have tried before and felt so ill that I had to break the diet. My main issue is that upon waking everytime I stand up from sitting or lying I feel dizzy, I then go and attempt to make my breakfast (2 eggs, scrambled). I usually get to the point of putting my coconut oil in the pan before having to sit down becasue I start feeling extremely nauseous. After I have eaten my breakfast and have sat down for a bit I start to feel better.

I find it a real struggle to simply eat eggs, salad and vegetables for the whole day (to the point where the thought of eating vegetables is making me feel sick). I am hungry all the time, and my question is that would it be completely detrimental to the diet if I simply move on to the next stage? i.e. eating a few portions of chicken/fish?

I have a blood test on Wednesday morning (I usually feel pretty faint after these anyway) so I am thinking that I should eat some chicken/fish on Tuesday evening to combat the morning dizziness/nausea, but wondered what you guys think?

I am certainly serious about the diet and eliminating my candida, however not to the detriment of my overall health!

Thanks alot

Cally

Cally,
    I usually don’r respond posts referent to the diet, but I will in your case.
    The anticandida diet was created by Dr. Truss to help the antifungals work since yeast growth better where food is available. It is important to eliminate the main growing factor for candida such as sugar, lactose, fructose, etc. It is also important to restrict carbohydrate sources such as rice, flour, etc.
    However, there isn’t a diet in this world that can eliminate candida by itself. In fact, there are a lot of medical papers citing yeast morphogenesis after starvation periods.

What I want to say is you have to be disciplined with the diet but “the ultimate sacrifice” eating “nothing” or almost “nothing” won’t give you the victory. This isn’t a race testing who support less nutrition or eggs, fish and green vegetables. Candida sufferers think ( the web is responsible for it) that eating so strict will eliminate it. This isn’t correct since fungus penetrates tissues and feed with your blood sugar.

Again, there are things you can eat that won’t change your final goal. This is a time battle where you need to reduce the fungal colonies to a minimum and to recover the immunity and the antagonistic flora that keep it inhibited. Many times, the flora is present but the immunity no.

Jorge.

AtomicGal
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Make sure that you seek your doctor’s advice before trying any diet. You may have cured your candida, but endanger your overall health.

Cally

Thanks all for the responses, I feel that I should give some more background information though!

I am on day 5 of the strict diet as suggested by Able, not the website.

I have had constant (not just recurrent) thrush for about 3 years. I went to the doctors who tested for it amongst other things to rule them out and all three tests I had came back negative.

I researched the Internet, thinking that I must have it but that it was clearing up… no such luck. I decided to go to a nutritionist who ordered a comprehensive stool analysis. This showed a level of 1 Candida and also no growth of a certain friendly bacteria (i’m presuming due to a course of antibiotics taken over a period of two years and probably why I have candida in the first place). It also a high presence of Citrobacter Freundi.

The nutritionist suggested a number of supplements, which I took for a short while before having to stop due to financial issues.

I knew I had to sort this out for myself, so I researched the Internet again and stumbled upon this forum. I had been on a diet of sorts for almost two years, but had been eating brown rice, oats and potatoes. I knew to do the strict diet I would need time off work, hence starting the strict diet this week.

I had been doing well as I have pretty good willpower when it comes to dieting. However when I feel that ill in the morning I thought that it can’t be good for me, hence my question about adding bits in. I did crack and make some buckwheat bread yesterday, which I ate with an egg for my dinner last night. This morning I was fine, no nausea and less dizziness!

I think unless this will completely defeat the object of my diet I will continue to atleast have some buckwheat to keep me going. I also have suffered with constipation, so feel the more I can add in the better to help my bms!

I am already taking a high strength probiotic (each capsule 20 billion, taken twice a day), coconut oil every morning, allicin tablets, vitamins inc vit C, oregano oil, lots of herbal teas! and Milk Thistle.

My blood test tomorrow was ordered by my doctor after I told him I wanted to come off the contraceptive pill, which I admit I have still been taking (bad I know and probably not helping my progress). He wants to test for celiac disease etc. so I guess I will wait to see what comes of that.

Thanks again

Cally

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Cally.

Considering your descriptions as far as how you feel, especially during the morning hours, it sounds like one of your problems is the need to add more calories to your diet. Try eating at least four or more meals a day, and try to eat at least two eggs or more if you need them during some of your meals.

Buckwheat bread is fine for the diet, so is coconut flour bread and oat bran bread or oat bran can also be used as a hot cereal with any meal. The diet itself contains the link to the bread recipes. You can eat as much of the bread as you need to in order to avoid the weakness and dizziness youโ€™ve been experiencing. Also be sure that youโ€™re getting enough oil in each of your meals.

As far as having constipation is concerned, read this post for help in that respect.
    Constipation Remedies

In your message you stated, โ€œI am already taking a high strength probiotic (each capsule 20 billion, taken twice a day), coconut oil every morning, allicin tablets, vitamins inc vit C, oregano oil, lots of herbal teas! and Milk Thistle.โ€
    Considering that you are already taking all of these supplements on day 5 of the diet, I can see that you are not following the protocol which I stated in the information I sent you must be followed along with the diet if you want to progress with as little problems as possible. Please read the protocol if you have no done so.

Also, I do not see Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate listed in your supplements; this tells me that the weakness and dizziness can be partially caused by the die-off toxins, and I definitely suspect this is part of your problem. The milk thistle is fine for protecting the liver, but it will not prevent the die-off symptoms from occurring. Dizziness and weakness are two very prominent symptoms of die-off toxins.

Please keep us posted as your situation changes one way or another.

Able

Cally

Thanks for your reply Able

I definitely feel much better after eating some buckwheat bread and am really glad that this won’t hinder my progress.

I have read about the constipation remedies and am already drinking lots of chammomile tea, however I think it is quite obvious that I need to do something else as well so I will re-read it the link, thank you.

Regarding the protocol, I have also read this, but have been taking the majority of my supplements way before I started the diet so felt that it would be detrimental to stop them just because I am doing a more strict diet. I could be wrong and will look at this again.

I think that now the issues in the morning seem to be solved by the extra food, e.g. buckwheat bread I will monitor how I get on and perhaps reduce some of the supplements should I start to get other issues.

The reason I am not taking Molybdenum is becasue it has been discontinued in my health food store and I am very reluctant to order this over the Internet. I have been drinking detox herbal teas plus taking milk thistle and I am committed to starting other things such as having hot baths/showers (which I pretty much do anyway) and start body brushing to help. I have also incresed the amount of water I consume throughout the day (I am constantly going to the toilet so I know it’s working!)

Thanks so much for the advice, I will certainly keep you posted!

Cally

Cally

‘oat bran can also be used as a hot cereal with any meal’

Just a quick question on this, do you have to use water in the oat bran, or is almond milk OK?

Cally

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Cally;29507 wrote:
    ‘oat bran can also be used as a hot cereal with any meal’
    Just a quick question on this, do you have to use water in the oat bran, or is almond milk OK?

I used water myself, Cally, but if you really need to use something besides water, pure coconut milk would be a better choice than would almond milk.

Able

Cally

Thanks Able! Will get myself some coconut milk in that case, not sure I will like oat bran with just water, although I guess I can try that too.

Cally

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sweeten it with stevia if you want…its a plant you can grow in your garden if its unavailable in the uk.

-raster

Cally

Stevia can be added to the diet after 12 days? I have a little way to go yet ๐Ÿ™‚ That will be my treat!

Calliopebrook
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

JohnnyPonny;29481 wrote: Hey.

The protocol on this page is pretty hard to follow. It may be efficient, but I wouldn’t start at this at once. My experience is that I’m different form many of the other people on the forum. By that I mean symtoms and what I feel good by eating and not. Pretty hard to determent when its a “die off” symptom or food reaction.

But try cutting out these items to start with: sugar(lactose, sugar palm, dextrose) yeast and gluten if you suspect that you have problems with this.

And if you can afford it, try to find a good holistic doctor in your area. It’s hard to do all the research by your self.
    Take it easy in the beginning. A lot of information to process and a lot of “alternative” food to get to know. This process takes time, for most people. But you will probably get better, it just takes time ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sincerely
    Johnny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Struggling with the Diet’ is closed to new replies.