Struggling with candida for 3 years

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Struggling with candida for 3 years

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mary12345
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

hi im 23 years old now, my problem has been ongoing for a few years now, it all started when i noticed (and others around me) a bad odor coming from myself, like a fieces smell. I went to a few doctors who thought i was going mad and they done tests which all came back negative, my last hope was then a nautropath. I went there and after tell my symtons they instantly said candida, jan de vrece also said he could smell candida when i visited him. It was then i started to get to know more about candida, it was then also that i realised the feeling i had of bloating, dizziness, feeling tired, depressed was not me being normal, it was candida all them years. As ive never heard off it untill then about 8 months ago. Since that i changed my diet around completely, eating lots of veg with chicken meat fish etc. I tried lots of herbal supplements and i would feel better for a wile but then back to the way i always was, smell, tired etc. 8 months later im not much further forward, i feel like i cant beat this horrid disease, not only that as ive been layed off work since christmas, i cant afford to buy supplements and all the expensive foods to beat this, my family has no money either to help me out. I stick to the diet for about a month and go out for a night with friends and feel worse than ever next day and just as bad as the 1st day i noticed this disease. I feel hopeless as i cant rid this from my body, this has changed my life completely, i went from being popular till not leaving the house. my self confidence has gone also, i always feel down and stuck in a rut. I even went back to mass and started praying again but even this hasnt helped me out. also ive lost alot of weight from this diet of hardly any carbs and just some meat/fish and vegis. i also always feel like constipated, my bowels move everyday but its like they havent emptied properly after trying my hardest. If anyone knows any miracle cure for this or a different approach please help, i was also diagnosed with leaky gut, i wouldnt wish this on anyone, im also told im allergic to diary products, wheat, beer etc, i would love to wake up one morning back to the way i was in my early teens.

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

mary12345;36231 wrote: hi im 23 years old now, my problem has been ongoing for a few years now, it all started when i noticed (and others around me) a bad odor coming from myself, like a fieces smell. I went to a few doctors who thought i was going mad and they done tests which all came back negative, my last hope was then a nautropath. I went there and after tell my symtons they instantly said candida, jan de vrece also said he could smell candida when i visited him. It was then i started to get to know more about candida, it was then also that i realised the feeling i had of bloating, dizziness, feeling tired, depressed was not me being normal, it was candida all them years. As ive never heard off it untill then about 8 months ago. Since that i changed my diet around completely, eating lots of veg with chicken meat fish etc. I tried lots of herbal supplements and i would feel better for a wile but then back to the way i always was, smell, tired etc. 8 months later im not much further forward, i feel like i cant beat this horrid disease, not only that as ive been layed off work since christmas, i cant afford to buy supplements and all the expensive foods to beat this, my family has no money either to help me out. I stick to the diet for about a month and go out for a night with friends and feel worse than ever next day and just as bad as the 1st day i noticed this disease. I feel hopeless as i cant rid this from my body, this has changed my life completely, i went from being popular till not leaving the house. my self confidence has gone also, i always feel down and stuck in a rut. I even went back to mass and started praying again but even this hasnt helped me out. also ive lost alot of weight from this diet of hardly any carbs and just some meat/fish and vegis. i also always feel like constipated, my bowels move everyday but its like they havent emptied properly after trying my hardest. If anyone knows any miracle cure for this or a different approach please help, i was also diagnosed with leaky gut, i wouldnt wish this on anyone, im also told im allergic to diary products, wheat, beer etc, i would love to wake up one morning back to the way i was in my early teens.

There are MDs that treat people for this; you just have to know where to look. You can use this link to try and find one:

Find a practitioner

Not knowing where in the UK you are, I entered London as my search parameter, and found at least 1 MD in the list:

MD in London

An MD may put you on prescription anti-fungals like Nystatin, which can make all the difference.

Cheers

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

mary12345;36231 wrote: hi im 23 years old now, my problem has been ongoing for a few years now, it all started when i noticed (and others around me) a bad odor coming from myself, like a fieces smell. I went to a few doctors who thought i was going mad and they done tests which all came back negative, my last hope was then a nautropath. I went there and after tell my symtons they instantly said candida, jan de vrece also said he could smell candida when i visited him. It was then i started to get to know more about candida, it was then also that i realised the feeling i had of bloating, dizziness, feeling tired, depressed was not me being normal, it was candida all them years. As ive never heard off it untill then about 8 months ago. Since that i changed my diet around completely, eating lots of veg with chicken meat fish etc. I tried lots of herbal supplements and i would feel better for a wile but then back to the way i always was, smell, tired etc. 8 months later im not much further forward, i feel like i cant beat this horrid disease, not only that as ive been layed off work since christmas, i cant afford to buy supplements and all the expensive foods to beat this, my family has no money either to help me out. I stick to the diet for about a month and go out for a night with friends and feel worse than ever next day and just as bad as the 1st day i noticed this disease. I feel hopeless as i cant rid this from my body, this has changed my life completely, i went from being popular till not leaving the house. my self confidence has gone also, i always feel down and stuck in a rut. I even went back to mass and started praying again but even this hasnt helped me out. also ive lost alot of weight from this diet of hardly any carbs and just some meat/fish and vegis. i also always feel like constipated, my bowels move everyday but its like they havent emptied properly after trying my hardest. If anyone knows any miracle cure for this or a different approach please help, i was also diagnosed with leaky gut, i wouldnt wish this on anyone, im also told im allergic to diary products, wheat, beer etc, i would love to wake up one morning back to the way i was in my early teens.

Hey Mary!

Your story is a lot like many people on here. Unfortunately, there is no miracle cure; that’s just something we all have to come to terms with. The only “cure” is a very strict diet and probiotic/antifungal/etc. protocol. I TOTALLY feel you on not having money for this! I was only part-time, then I got laid off, and I have to be very careful about how much I spend. However, my health is more important to me than anything, so I just know I need to put my energy and resources to that instead of going out, etc. for now.

Also, you will never be back to where you were in your teens, sorry 🙁 That’s what got you here in the first place. However, you can eventually (6-18 mos, everyone is different) get to a place where you can eat healthy most of the time, but still enjoy a treat or go to a restaurant every now and then.

I know it’s a lot to swallow, and it sucks, but there is so much hope and help here on the forums. Please stick around! For more info, you can read the protocol and diet here: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4622_Useful-Links-and-Forum-Posts.aspx

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

also ive lost alot of weight from this diet of hardly any carbs and just some meat/fish and vegis

your weight loss is a symptom of Candida, the diet may make you loose weight temporarily but it’s really your best bet to gaining weight. It took me 7 months of being on the diet for my weight to normalize.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Struggling with candida for 3 years’ is closed to new replies.