struggling here…need advice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions struggling here…need advice

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  beezy 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

beezy
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 7

ive been having a really hard time with my appetite lately. im nauseous, nothing sounds good, i gag when i eat, stomach pains. was recently diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and been having low blood sugar problems…which is screwing up my job as a waiter.

just really bored with this diet and ive only been on it a month. never really did it properly, i realize. i eat almost the same things everyday, which ive read can be bad as you can develop allergies. here’s my daily diet:

breakfast:
    3 egg omelette with spinach and garlic
    1 avocado

lunch: organic chicken breast or turkey with veggies or sometimes a salad or veggie soup

dinner: organic chicken breast turkey with veggies

snacks: roasted almonds, coconut bread

only antifungals i take are raw garlic a couple times a day, and virgin coconut oil. other supplements include:

a mineral vitamin drink (naturopath m.d. prescribed these first 4)
    liver detox pills
    ultra pure omega 3’s
    turmeric curcumin
    (he also wants me to do baking soda in water, but this has been giving me a headache)

probiotic w/ 20 billion organisms
    l-glutamine
    150 mcg molybdenum
    spanish black radish
    vitamin c

feel helpless..dont have the motivation to search for new recipes and shopping everyday. which reminds me…how in the hell does everybody afford this? where do you get the energy? how does it not mess up your job? i dont have any insurance, i work a part time job as a waiter at night (lots of running around), and my wife doesnt make enough for me not to work and just try to get healthy. we are going bankrupt. this condition is making me miss a lot of work….should i try to get a day job at a desk or something? any suggestions people? how does everybody get by? im broke with no family with money to help, and trying to keep up with this expensive lifestyle. what do people do when they need to see a doctor? i just saw a naturopath for $120 a visit, bought $170 worth of supplements, and he now wants me to do a comprehensive blood test ($350) and a stool test ($400). cant afford those. at least he believes candida could be causing this, which is nice to hear from a doctor. his main concern right now is my adrenal fatigue….what has everybody else done to restore the adrenals?

feeling of dread. need to figure out how to eat again. how hard is it to go vegetarian on this diet and how do you get enough calories throughout the day doing so? id be willing to try, as buying this organic stuff is too pricey.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

beezy

also about the kidney pain….anybody ever experience this? ive had foamy urine from time to time too. tonight i think i have liver pain….its in the front of my chest, about 4 inches above my bellybutton….anybody ever have this? feel like im gonna fall apart…..

somebody give me some damn motivation or encouragement or positive vibes or something!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

If you have leaky gut syndrome, it’s not the food you eat or how often you eat it, it’s the fact that your intestines are permeated with tiny openings which allow any food to pass into the bloodstream, thus taking a chance on acquiring an allergy to said food. Don’t worry about what you’re eating or how often you eat it as long as you’re on the correct diet.

I just sent you the stricter diet which you requested by private message.

A few problems with your diet is eating too much animal protein and eating the almonds during the early part of the treatment.

Some of your problems could be associated with die-off toxins if your Molybdenum isn’t
    Molybdenum Amino Acid. This will help tremendously in removing the toxins as well as protecting and healing your liver.

Your doctor wants to give you a lot of tests simply because he wants money. Explain to him exactly what you did with us by simply telling him you don’t have the money to spend on test because you have to eat, then ask him which he thinks is more important. I cured my own infestation without ever seeing a doctor or using a dime of my insurance. How did we do it? By trudging on just as you are, one day at a time. Save your money for good probiotics, that’s what you’re going to need the most, and they can be rather expensive.
    As far as your adrenals are concerned, they will heal as the infestation diminishes. The L-glutamine will help this.

A lot of people are and have lived with the kidney and liver pain, it seems to be part of the infestation more times than not. Did you doctor check both of these organs out when you saw him?

Have you read many of the forum’s posts listed in the Useful Links and Forum Posts information? If not, that’s what you need to start doing; you have a lot to learn just like we all did, and trust me when I say that knowledge is going to be your best weapon.

As far as going vegetarian on the diet is concerned, I would advise against this. If you can eat eggs but no meat, that would be helpful. The meat, fish, and fowl you can leave out if you have to.

Keep posting on the forum and reading the posts that others are writing, you’ll be surprised how many members have or still are going through exactly what you are. The bottom line is, it can be done and it can be done without spending an absolute fortune, so keep looking ahead to the day that you are completely healed and try not to think so negatively. You’re going to have to remember what it was like to be healthy and well before you can reach that point again, so work on that.

Able

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

I avoid nuts, and try to only eat organic chicken or salmon twice a week. I have organic eggs (either fried, scrambled, or boiled for easy transportation) at every meal for my source of protein. Making coconut flour/oat bran hot cereal 50/50 mix bread is great for every meal too. For veggies, I’ll juice different ones from the diet list or I’ll lightly microwave or saute zucchinis or spinach with my eggs.

I’m 6 feet tall, weigh 165 (normally weigh 187), and it’s crucial not to overeat at a meal, as this throws off all the good things you are doing, and causes constipation. So, I can only handle this at every meal:

2 eggs, chopped onions, 1/2 avocado
    1 slice of bread, 2 tablespoons raw coconut oil
    small spinach salad and one veggie (sauteed zucchini, etc.)

I boil eggs and bring that and cut up veggies and spinach salad, chopped onions, and avocados to work with me so I can eat while away from home.

If I’m in a pinch, like I was last night at a business meeting downtown at a restaurant, I ordered a large salad with chopped onions, 2 chopped eggs, avocado, and a side of spinach, with a side of olive oil for dressing, and salt & pepper. It wasn’t organic, but you’ll find yourself in a pinch every now and then, and its better than having foods that feed Candida.

In my opinion, the trials and errors of the fellow forum members are more of a resource than any Naturopath was for me. I didn’t need proof that Candida was the problem, my symptoms told me this, and then when I started the diet and felt the madness stop within weeks, I knew Candida was my problem. But dealing with die off from taking probiotics and antinfungals is yet another battle that has to be fought, but hopefully its the last battle before you break through to complete health again.

My energy was bottomed out during the first 2 months on the diet, but your body adjusts and the vitamins and prebiotics from the veggies start to kick in, and now I have enough energy to function thru a whole day of work and social obligations. Going to the sauna for 15 -25 minutes, 3-5 times a week has helped me greatly with die off symptoms and energy. It helps to get the toxins sweated out of your system, and your body is to weak to run to accomplish this, so sauna is your best bet.

It just takes time to regain your energy, but it does happen. I have energy, but I’m still in the middle of my battle, at 4 months on the diet. But in my opinion, until you give your stomach a break from 3 eggs a meal and 2 servings of chicken a day, it will take a much longer time for your body to heal.

The forum protocol also recommends you work your way up to 1000 mcg of molybendum a day to protect your liver from die-off toxins. We also recommend you take the chelated version pills that are 250 mcg each. The brand is Health Yourself, and can be found on amazon for $5. I order a few bottles at a time.

I know its a lot of conflicting information. We have a disease that is unrecognized by western medicine, and presents significant challenges to it’s sufferers. Hang it there. It does get better. You can heal yourself and return to a more convenient diet one day. Don’t give up, even if it takes years. There are success stories, but it will test your character for sure!

Be positive.

Titan

toni8
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

beezy;31360 wrote: ive been having a really hard time with my appetite lately. im nauseous, nothing sounds good, i gag when i eat, stomach pains. was recently diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and been having low blood sugar problems…which is screwing up my job as a waiter.

just really bored with this diet and ive only been on it a month. never really did it properly, i realize. i eat almost the same things everyday, which ive read can be bad as you can develop allergies. here’s my daily diet:

breakfast:
    3 egg omelette with spinach and garlic
    1 avocado

lunch: organic chicken breast or turkey with veggies or sometimes a salad or veggie soup

dinner: organic chicken breast turkey with veggies

snacks: roasted almonds, coconut bread

only antifungals i take are raw garlic a couple times a day, and virgin coconut oil. other supplements include:

a mineral vitamin drink (naturopath m.d. prescribed these first 4)
    liver detox pills
    ultra pure omega 3’s
    turmeric curcumin
    (he also wants me to do baking soda in water, but this has been giving me a headache)

probiotic w/ 20 billion organisms
    l-glutamine
    150 mcg molybdenum
    spanish black radish
    vitamin c

feel helpless..dont have the motivation to search for new recipes and shopping everyday. which reminds me…how in the hell does everybody afford this? where do you get the energy? how does it not mess up your job? i dont have any insurance, i work a part time job as a waiter at night (lots of running around), and my wife doesnt make enough for me not to work and just try to get healthy. we are going bankrupt. this condition is making me miss a lot of work….should i try to get a day job at a desk or something? any suggestions people? how does everybody get by? im broke with no family with money to help, and trying to keep up with this expensive lifestyle. what do people do when they need to see a doctor? i just saw a naturopath for $120 a visit, bought $170 worth of supplements, and he now wants me to do a comprehensive blood test ($350) and a stool test ($400). cant afford those. at least he believes candida could be causing this, which is nice to hear from a doctor. his main concern right now is my adrenal fatigue….what has everybody else done to restore the adrenals?

feeling of dread. need to figure out how to eat again. how hard is it to go vegetarian on this diet and how do you get enough calories throughout the day doing so? id be willing to try, as buying this organic stuff is too pricey.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

I have been on the diet for two months as well and honestly don’t feel any better either but that doesn’t mean I never will. I am very sensitive to a lot of things so it has ben a lot of money spent and trying different things that haven’t worked for me, and sometmes I honnestly feel I have been making myself feel worst because I take too much supplements for my body and ave to stop and cut down mostly all of it. Right now I have to stop taking SF722 and molybdenum and L-Glutamine because I noticed I started to feel worst when I took them 🙁 wich sucks because it’s supposed to help you get better right but I gues not for me, I will start the SF722 once I feel less stressed out by the extreme fatigue I have been feeling lately. Anyway I guess you have to try and discard what doesn’t agree with you, for now I am only taking vitamins and lactoferrin and ashgawandha. Ashwagandha may help your adrenals since it’s supposed to lift up your energy and relieves stress. Anyway best luck with your journey to health and may you heal well but definitely get some blood and stool tests done not necesarily with that expensive doctor of yours but maybe a low income clinic? just so you know where you’re at and take it from there, cheers friend!!!

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Just so everyone reading this posts understands…At the beginning of the protocol, you will feel worse before things get better. All of the yeast that has colonized into various muscles, joints, bones, etc. has been established for quite some time, and when you stop feeding the Candida with the diet, those yeast cells “die off”, with each cell releasing over 79 different toxins. These toxins have to get out of your body, which is why things like water & sauna help to detox. If people are not doing this, it will just take that much longer get the toxins out, and thus a longer time dealing with the pain of die off, but you must stay the course to reach a cure.

With that said, people should take antifungals, probiotics, and vitamins at their own pace. Listen to your body. Yes, “die off” happens, and is to be expected, but if you are going to a dark place and notice too much pain, then slow down and wait a week or two to reintroduce the full amounts of vitamins, probiotics, and antifungals. But don’t give up entirely on them. It’s all part of the plan.

It’s going to be one of the hardest battles of your lifetime. Go slow and throttle back on the amount of medicine if things are too much to handle physically or mentally.

The diet causes “die off”, but candida foods cause symptoms, so you’re left with no choice in my opinion. Just fight thru the “die off” safely! I can not stress this enough. I was in a dark place and sucking down all the kefir and coconut oil, trying to race to a cure…but I was getting depressed more than usual. So, in my 3rd month, I throttled back on the amounts of kefir, probiotics, & coconut oil, but I didn’t cut them out completely. I would have 4 ounces of kefir, 1 probiotic pill, and a few tablespoons of coconut oil, and I noticed my depression stabilized…during this time I focusing on my sanity and teaching myself how to deal with the stress of both the sadness of the disease and the “die off”. I refocused, I went out with friends and family, I recognized that the 3 months spent so far were not a failure, but the foundation I had created to eventually reach a cure one day. I taught myself to never give up. I taught myself to stay strong and start kicking Candida’s ass out of my body.

Then, after a few weeks on minimal daily amounts of antifungals, kefir, and probiotics, I slowly began ramping these back up, and my body, mind, and spirit are handling it very well. Now, one month later, I am at full tilt and feeling very well. I’m up to 100 billion probiotics a day, two 8 oz. glasses of kefir (1 in the morning, 1 at night), all the vitamins on the protocol, and 10 teaspoons of coconut oil.

If I don’t get to the sauna, the stress builds up. So that is important to do 3-5 times a week. The sauna makes me feel normal and even happy. It helps me sleep well and have more energy. It is the cornerstone of my treatment. Your local YMCA or other gym might have a sauna. Call and ask. I’m going to enjoy a 20 minute sauna after work in just a moment, while I listen to the comedy channel on pandora with my iphone and earplugs. Sweating out the toxins and laughing…it helps.

You have to push through the “die off” wall during the 1st phase of the forum protocol. I can feel myself healing finally. The spots on my skin are starting to fade away, my immune system is finally able to start fighting this yeast again. Now the healing can begin. I hope to be symptom free in the next 3 months, but if it takes longer, I’m ready for that too.

Hang in there. Be positive.

Titan

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i complety understand i cant afford to get to a natural path or buy organic im hoping ill get better with mostly reg meats and veggies and antifungals and probiotics i havent started the diet yet really brand knew to all this its very overwhelming to change your life style fast and cravings kill !

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

I’m in a similar place financially – it’s an expensive condition to treat in many regards.

One mistake I made was pushing far too fast to quickly and made myself worse off in the process. That’s when reading and learning from forums like this terrific one really opened doors of thought I would never have had the advantage of without. There is so much to learn.

It can get scary but, stressing out too much can be counter productive to putting your mind/body/soul into a healing place. It also puts additional strain on the thyroid/adrenals which isn’t helpful to the immune system. I know this sounds impossible but, try to rest and sleep as much as possible and find things to lower your stress levels. Also, the holidays can add stress all on it’s own.

FYI – you can take guess work out of going full bore on candida dx by symptoms rather than facts …. I suggest the candida antigen blood test shown on the main site page. It isn’t too expensive and can help lower your stress levels as well.

Many of us are struggling on various levels – certainly financially but, also just trying to weed through all the misinformation out there.

I wish you nothing but healing graces and many Christmas blessings.

beezy

just wanted to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to write and for the tips and encouragement. great to know theres people out there like that. im feeling better today….think i just hit a rough patch there for a couple days. positivity. much love.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘struggling here…need advice’ is closed to new replies.