Strong reaction to Coconut Flour (or possibly rhubarb)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Strong reaction to Coconut Flour (or possibly rhubarb)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  M 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

There’s been a while since I had Coconut Flor. Today I made a pie made of: Rhubarb from my own garden, Coconut Flour, Eggs, Ghee and Coconut Oil.

Coconut Flour has made me suspicious before. I’ve gotten symptoms but I haven’t been able to tell if it’s because of the flour or something else. I’ve also had rhubarb without any reaction that I can remember.

The pie made me very gassy and also I got this drunken feeling I know some people have mentioned as a candida symptom. But I have never, never felt it before. My head is spinning.

I’m 2 1/5 months into the diet.

I don’t know if I have candida or maybe SIBO. Small intestine bacterial overgrowth. Lately I’ve been thinking it’s SIBO, since I react on too fibery stuff, almost all the vegtables on the allowed list except cucumber, tomatoes (not allowed early on, but I don’t get a reaction), lettuce and spinach (and maybe some others).

But now, I’m not sure. This drunken feeling is strange and also I have chronic sore throat which sometimes is visibly red and irritated.

Could someone help me clear this out. What would your guess be? SIBO or candida? I’m diagnosed IBS-D, but strongy thinks I have one of the two above.

Worth mentioning: I haven’t had a single die-off symptom due to Coconut Oil, so I don’t think it’s die-off.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Rhubarb contains very strong bowel detoxification properties in addition to antifungal properties. I imagine this combination could possibly cause some die-off symptoms of which the ‘drunken’ feeling is just one, so is the gassy feeling.

Of course, you could also have SIBO and/or IBS just as well. There’s no way we can tell with the information.

Able

Angor

Able900 wrote: Rhubarb contains very strong bowel detoxification properties in addition to antifungal properties. I imagine this combination could possibly cause some die-off symptoms of which the ‘drunken’ feeling is just one, so is the gassy feeling.

Of course, you could also have SIBO and/or IBS just as well. There’s no way we can tell with the information.

Able

I’m so confused. I sure hope it’s die-off and not a “reaction”. Is there any way I could figure out if it’s SIBO or candida? I’ve done the spit test and got the stringy-thingy outcome. But I understand that it isn’t reliable. One thing is for sure, my doctor won’t help.

The reaction to fiber is what makes me puzzled. But, on the other side. Isn’t it normal to get gassy and such from Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage etc

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

How about posting that rhubarb pie recipe? Sounds interesting!

Angor

M wrote: How about posting that rhubarb pie recipe? Sounds interesting!

It’s nothing special, but I’ve learned to like it a lot. I don’t have the exact measurement, but it’s something like this:

Pie crust: 1 dl Coconut flour (or maybe a little less), 2 egg yolks whipped with an electric handmixer, some melted Ghee and Coconut Oil, Vanilla bean and maybe som gelatin.

Rhubarb filling: Cook rhubarb in ghee, add vanilla bean/powder + gelatin, cardamom and a tiny bit of salt or Stevia if you like (I don’t use it). Mix two egg whites and blend everything togheter.

Make the pie crust first but don’t cook it too long in the oven (200 dg)

Then put the rhubarb, eggfilling in the crust and cook it until it stiffens a bit.

It’s more like pie crust with some sort och cream, but it gets delicious after standing in the refrigeratorfor a while. You could probably make an even better one by just experimenting with the recipe. I don’t know about the gelatin. I’ve used it from time to time, but I’m not sure you need it.

The Coconut Oil and flour tastes sweet while the rhubarb is very sour. It goes well togheter.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

So I take it that it’s an open pie, in the sense that you don’t close the rhubarb inside?

Thanks for that. I’ll give it a bash sometime.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Strong reaction to Coconut Flour (or possibly rhubarb)’ is closed to new replies.