Strong exhale response = die-off?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Strong exhale response = die-off?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

J10101
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hi,

First post here and currently struggling I’m afraid, so not really sure where to start. This Q. is a key one for me but I haven’t been able to find anything on it:

Q. Does anyone have any light to shed on this issue – when I get what (I assume is) die-off it hits me like this:

– I seem to go into a sort of laboured exhale mode of breathing, where my out-breaths are very strong until whatever it is seems to clear (along with any anxiety and fatigue).

This happens:

– if I’m tired and get exhausted before lying down
    – when I eat too many antifungals (eg VCO, cabbage, broccolli, brussel sprouts, OOO, EVOO, Fish oil etc)
    – it comes on like a wave (or worsens) when I lie down (I’m guessing maybe toxins in the lymph system moving with gravity to lungs?)

From the antifungal reaction, I’ve come to believe I’m suffering from Candida after being hit with many of the symptoms over most of my life and working backwards with various diets to try and listen to my gut to find out what it wants – for the past 6+ maybe closer to 12 months I’ve been eating only eggs, limited chicken, cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, green beans, zucchini, asparagus, lettuce, celery and the like – some animal protein, low vegie carbs and oils/fats.

Have taken Molybdenum for most of this time – but can’t really detect any help from this.

Tried a FIR sauna which seemed to help for a week then got what felt like very bad and deep sunburn (although without any exterior sign of skin redness) and had to stop – with heat sensing nerves? upset for some months (still not recovered)

WHAT seems to help me feel better (less toxic?) is:

– BM’s – usually with quite an immediate beneficial effect but constant battle to stop from getting constipated (Mg seems to help).

– Drinking lots and lots of filtered water to flush it out

– Exercising (if feeling toxic, strong exhaling seems to help)

A few years ago I became intolerant to alcohol and noticed half a glass of red wine hit me hard and all I could do was lie down and as my body went through this forced exhale response. Because no-one else has mentioned this forced exhale (and Mo doesn’t seem to help and it’s taking so long to clear) I have wondered if I’m on the right track – but other things seem to fit very well for Candida.

Currently really struggling to find something I can eat – feeling very overwhelmed and losing even more weight (was recently doing ok but now problems as my gut must be reacting) – coconut flour (I think) caused tinnitus to flare up, buckwheat after 2 days made me very tired after eating and didn’t feel right, had to recently stop EVOO due to allergy? (lips swelled up and gut flared), stopped VCO/Fish oil due to too much A/F effect?, Avocado oil test recently hit me hard that night with the above breathing and anxiety, ghee seemed ok but now appears to be hitting the Tinnitus badly? If I’m not clearing the die-off toxins and can’t cope I’ve been wondering what I can eat to maybe back out of this (maybe let the C reqrow somewhat)?

I would really appreciate any help on this.

Sorry for the long post,

Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It sounds like you exhale issue is either anxiety, hyperventilation, or an allergic reaction (or a combination of them). I recommend trying out flax oil to see if your anxiety improves when you have these. If it doesn’t then it might be an allergic reaction related to inflammation (flax is also anti-inflammatory so should help this).

Get flax oil with lignens!

-raster

J10101

raster;53216 wrote: It sounds like you exhale issue is either anxiety, hyperventilation, or an allergic reaction (or a combination of them). I recommend trying out flax oil to see if your anxiety improves when you have these. If it doesn’t then it might be an allergic reaction related to inflammation (flax is also anti-inflammatory so should help this).

Get flax oil with lignens!

-raster

Thanks for the reply raster.

I’ll check out flax oil.

The strong exhale response doesn’t always come with anxiety and I’ve had a fair bit of experience in my life coming to terms with anxiety and hyperventilation. It is something different. A few years ago where drinking a little red wine brought it on, combined with low tolerance to alcohol (feeling intoxicated and then hungover on very low amounts) I reasoned it to be the aldehydes (probably with leaky gut also).

This among other things led me to Candida and the acetaldehyde toxin (among other things) and I have observed this as a regular occurrence of taking various antifungals over the past year, so I’ve put it down to:-

(a) the C overgrowth producing excess aldehydes in my system
    (b) this in turn caused me to be sensitive to alcohol, along with perfumes and inks
    (c) antifungals then killing the C swamping my body with aldehydes and other toxins
    (d) not being able to clear the toxins with molybdenum?

and have come to regard it as “toxic breathing”.

If I’m exercising I can usually push through it and the more I forcefully exhale it seems to eventually clear. It’s interesting how it particularly comes on like a wave to my lungs when lying down which is why I’ve wondered about it being associated with the lymph drainage.

Do you think it’s not die-off?

Interested to hear if anyone has experienced this?

J10101

Just bumping this…:)

Please post if anyone has experienced this sort of response.

If no takers it looks like it’s not a Candida issue. Only match I can find relates to Salicylate issues – as may some of the other things I mentioned???

Thanks for reading.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

This is my experience, so take with a grain…. 🙂

When I first moved to Florida in the 90’s, I wasnt used to the constant wet weather.
    I knew nothing about candida, and I was no stranger to antibiotics (chronic sinus infections as a kid,ect).

We went through a period of it raining daily, and my great cheap florida apartment ceiling had obvious leak stains.

I had one day where it was raining…my brother came over and we had a smoke outside… I grabbed a bowl of icescream and about 20 minutes later couldnt breathe right. It was as if I had to force my breath out.
    I could take a breath IN, but it never felt like I was breathing in as deeply as I could and it never felt like all the air was coming out. I had to force it out.

My mind was on my breath- the exhale- for like 8 months. It was horrible. I was put on “king-of-hearts” heart monitor and had to call -in the results everytime my heart, with no freaking encouragement, would just suddenly start beating super fast or hard.

Doctors were telling me I was having anxiety attacks. I could be relaxing with my kids watching tv and suddenly my heart would beat funny. Also, the breathing-exhale thing wasnt intermittant; it was 24/7, there when I woke up and I had to do some kind of reading to get tired enough to fall asleep since I had to keep my mind off needing to force my breath out.

Tell me that aint screwed up.

NO doctor told me what it was, no doctor knew, and not one of them was smart enough to even try a blood panel to check for weirdness.

After about 8-9 months, it cleared up on its own.

Looking back NOW, I can totally see 99% of anyone’s anxiety-attack diagnosis being truly candida related.
    Candida can mess with hormones and vitamin deficiencies…this means it can be responsible for heart issues, depression, anxiety, hallucinations, you name it!

The only thing that sticks out in my mind when I look back is wondering if MOLD in the ceiling set it off; something in my smoke set it off; doing a bunch of ice-cream fed existing yeast if I had it at the time;

and I just want to mention that one symptom that was BIZARRE that happened was it felt like my jaw was locking up at the same time my heart and breathing was at its worst.

This is probably not helpful since I never got my issue labeled or competent help from the medical community.
    But this would have been helpful to me at the time knowing that someone else knows what this might feel like, and that at some point your body may work it out on its own.

Vegan Catlady

I might also add that I was a bartender at the time. Drinking daily (not drunk; just having a drink or two 5 days a week).

Dont know if this info helps.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

So catlady,

Did you apartment in florida contain mold?

I also experienced anxiety after smoking cigs and I had to quit (5 weeks ago) after 15 years of use. It occurs because of your brain being damaged from my experience.

-raster

Vegan Catlady

raster;53480 wrote: So catlady,

Did you apartment in florida contain mold?

I also experienced anxiety after smoking cigs and I had to quit (5 weeks ago) after 15 years of use. It occurs because of your brain being damaged from my experience.

-raster

I asked them to check for mold, but the apartment complex I was living in is a multi-million dollar complex that is and was very shifty. They hide all things that can cause lawsuits.

When confronted with the possibility that the apartment was unhealthy, they has someone come in and after 5 minutes of just looking, they said it was clean.
    When I told them that looking around isnt enough of a test for mold, I was threatened with eviction 🙂 so….. the answer here is that it may or may not have been moldy…we will never know.

I was never a smoker. I went outside and took 1 or two tokes from pot. That could potentially be more moldy or full of fungus than ciggs,right?

It wasnt something I did on any regular basis. And the breathing thing/jaw feeling locked never happened before.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR QUITTING !!!!

That is so freaking HUGE! Every day is going to be a better day from here on out 🙂

J10101

Vegan Catlady;53474 wrote: … 20 minutes later couldnt breathe right. It was as if I had to force my breath out.I could take a breath IN, but it never felt like I was breathing in as deeply as I could and it never felt like all the air was coming out. I had to force it out.
    My mind was on my breath- the exhale- for like 8 months. It was horrible.

Thanks VC. I’m not sure whether it’s the same? My experience is more like an autonomous response (the body just takes over) and when it’s done exhaling I feel better. I’ve come across something along lines of a metabolic build up of CO2 caused by salicylates. Do you have any Salicylate issues? (Doesn’t sound like a Candida issue or others would have posted I assume).

Vegan Catlady

J10101;53513 wrote:

… 20 minutes later couldnt breathe right. It was as if I had to force my breath out.I could take a breath IN, but it never felt like I was breathing in as deeply as I could and it never felt like all the air was coming out. I had to force it out.
    My mind was on my breath- the exhale- for like 8 months. It was horrible.

Thanks VC. I’m not sure whether it’s the same? My experience is more like an autonomous response (the body just takes over) and when it’s done exhaling I feel better. I’ve come across something along lines of a metabolic build up of CO2 caused by salicylates. Do you have any Salicylate issues? (Doesn’t sound like a Candida issue or others would have posted I assume).

Nope, no salicylate issues that I know of…and if I had issues, they resolved on their own.

Probably not the same thing then…. but this post sure lit-up in my mind after I thought about that one experience I had.

I wouldnt count candida out until I took a strong anti-fungal and noticed no response from it,personally.

Get better soon, and let us know what your verdict is if you find out!
    <3

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

J10101;53513 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, have you checked your urine and saliva ph?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Strong exhale response = die-off?’ is closed to new replies.