Strict diet suggestions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Strict diet suggestions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Effcandida
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 3

Hi there,

I am considering trying the strict diet but am unsure about it due to the limited protein sources. I cannot eat eggs – Despite my attempts I cannot stomach them or eat them without gagging. I can tolerate them in baked goods but not on their own.

I have been on a strict diet (not the forum’s diet) and have been living on chicken/turkey 3x daily along with veggies and am always hungry. To remove the chicken and turkey will be extraordinarily difficult. I am already feeling weak and exhausted as is. I have been on this diet since mid January along with Nystatin and am still feel awful. I do go back to the doctor this week so I will see what he says before figuring out my next move.

Any suggestions?

For those who have done the forum’s strict diet, how have you used the ground hemp seeds?

Also, where do you buy spirulina and chorella? How do you prepare it? Specific brands to look for?

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

Effcandida;40230 wrote: Hi there,

I am considering trying the strict diet but am unsure about it due to the limited protein sources. I cannot eat eggs – Despite my attempts I cannot stomach them or eat them without gagging. I can tolerate them in baked goods but not on their own.

For those who have done the forum’s strict diet, how have you used the ground hemp seeds?

Also, where do you buy spirulina and chorella? How do you prepare it? Specific brands to look for?

I despised eggs and never ate them in 25 years prior to this diet. When I decided to start this protocol, my health came first so I tried to eat eggs — I would scramble them extremely well or make a well omelet with LOTS of vegetables. It’s almost been 2 months, and now I eat scrambled veggies + eggs daily for breakfast and love it. I cook in coconut oil on medium heat; I use onion powder, pepper, and sea salt. The flavor is delicious! I cannot believe I went 26 years fearing eggs when taste buds change and I have adapted to now enjoying eating them.

I cannot attest to spirulina or chorella. You could try hemp protein powder, and add to dishes for additional protein. Do you eat any probiotics sources, such as greek yogurt? That is a staple for me. I use nonfat Fage greek yogurt and one serving is close to 20g of protein.

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

You might consider the forum diet. If you’re still feeding the yeast with fruit/sugar, nuts/mold, you’ll continue to feel exhausted as you’re fighting and then feeding it at the same time. The yeast is what makes you always hungry. If you can clear it out you’ll be amazed at how little you can eat and still be satisfied. A lot of people have problems with eggs in the beginning and can add those in later. You don’t have to remove the chicken and turkey if it’s organic, just the frequency. The hemp seeds are a great source of protein and I use these in my morning smoothie. You can throw them on a salad, steamed veggies, scrambled eggs etc. Buckwheat is another protein source.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My raster bread is a great item to eat a few times per day with meals. Buckwheat, oat bran, greek yogurt, salads, pumpkin pie bread, oat bran muffins, rutabega, and kale chips are all examples of specific food items you can eat. Flax, buckwheat, teff, and pumpkin are good protein sources. Also, if you can tolerate beans, this is a good one as well.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Strict diet suggestions’ is closed to new replies.