Strict diet required?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Strict diet required?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

nai16
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 7

Hello there. I have been on the “standard” diet from the website for about 4 weeks now (1 week detox, 3 weeks diet) and have not noticed any significant improvements of my symptoms, which are blocked nose/excessive mucous & fluctuating vaginal itchiness & dryness. I have been following the probiotics & antifungals from the protocol since I finished the detox. I have also put back the 3 kg I lost during the detox. I think I have had sporadic die-off symptoms – every now and then I have a few hours a day I feel flu-like and/or light in the head, or weak and with burning muscles; but because of my Myasthenia Gravis autoimmune disease, it is hard to tell (especially with the latter symptoms) what is actually causing the symptoms.

I was wondering if I could get some information about the “strict” diet. I do eat meat (organic when possible, but here in the Aussie outback it is hard to get) pretty much every day, is that something I need to change? I also eat 4-5 spoonfuls of Greek yoghurt for the probiotics every day – could that be stopping my nasal mucous from subsiding because of the lactose?

Thank you so much for the advice!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would try out the strict diet and see if you notice a greater improvement. Email able900 for a link of it.

I would also consider trying out SF722 undecenoic acid specifically. What probiotic are you taking currently?

http://www.thorne.com/Products/Gastrointestinal-Health/General_GI_Support/prd~SF722.jsp

If you don’t notice much improvement after our strict diet, I would come up with some other ideas afterwards on how to heal.

-raster

missiello
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 36

Raster – What is the dosage you use for the SF722?

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

If I were you I would avoid meat from my diet and replace the yogurt with kefir. For me leafy greens with apple cyder vinegar dressing 4x time day got me great results.

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

I feel amazing on days I don’t eat meat so I would cut out meat altogether to get the best results as well. Kefir is huge and plenty of veggies. Cooked or raw whichever you like. Follow the forum strict diet for best results.

nai16

Thank you guys for your answers! Raster, the probiotics I take are “Inner health plus” (Ethical Nutrients, 25 Billion) once a day and “Probiotic 8″(Microgenetics, 5 Billion, 8 species) once a day. Is that enough? I have taken “Candex” (40 Billion) before but the health shop at our nearest town stopped selling it at the moment. I have also started taking SF722 (10-Undecenoic Acid, 250 mg) three days ago, five capsules a day. Is that a good dosage?

I will get in touch with Able and get hold of the strict diet and try it out.
    Thanks again!

raster
    Participant

I take 6 capsules per day, 2 with each meal and I don’t change the doseage (6 every day every month). Start out at maybe 2-4 per day early on and top out at 6.

I would consider taking some different probiotics that are a higher count for a month or two. My favorite two are HMF neuro and Megaflora; you can purchase both online cheaper than at your store typically and is shipped with an ice pack. Ideally you should be getting something like 35-90 billion per day. Thats my standard at least; everyone has their own I guess. I really progressed a lot faster with the HMF neuro and you cannot purchase it in stores.

There’s all sorts of changes you can make of course. I find that its important to get meat in your diet for instance.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Yoghurt and nuts stuff up my nose so get those out and you might feel better there. Definitely try to get kefir grains to make your own. No reactions (besides possible die-off) from it (lactose and sugar minimal to none plus it gives tons of probiotic bacteria which fights candida).

Arijana

nai16

Thanks Arijana, I hadn’t thought of that, I will give it a go!

Natacha

SomeDay
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 42

Positivo wrote: I feel amazing on days I don’t eat meat so I would cut out meat altogether to get the best results as well. Kefir is huge and plenty of veggies. Cooked or raw whichever you like. Follow the forum strict diet for best results.

I love meat, man… Should I cut that and fruit? Then what its else to eat, only veggies?? Wont you have serious side effects from such a diet. I mean I do not only have candida, but Addisons, Hashimottos, Leaky Gut etc I need to get protein, aminoacids from somewhere! Where is the strict diet protocol of the site?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

SomeDay wrote: I love meat, man… Should I cut that and fruit? Then what its else to eat, only veggies?? Wont you have serious side effects from such a diet. I mean I do not only have candida, but Addisons, Hashimottos, Leaky Gut etc I need to get protein, aminoacids from somewhere! Where is the strict diet protocol of the site?

Eating animal protein is okay, but eating it too regularly or in large amounts can increase stool pH, which encourages the growth of candida and other pathogens. Apparently, eggs don’t have this effect, which is why they’re recommended as the main protein source on the protocol.

SomeDay
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 42

Eating animal protein is okay, but eating it too regularly or in large amounts can increase stool pH, which encourages the growth of candida and other pathogens. Apparently, eggs don’t have this effect, which is why they’re recommended as the main protein source on the protocol.

Only eggs as a protein source? I have a definite food intolerance with eggs… But I could try again and see if they still bother me. I eat meat too times a day since a month or so along with vegetables and some fruits, I thought it was healthy.

raster
    Participant

Hello someday,

You should consider trying a few days without meat and see if you notice much difference. Or a few days with 1 serving of meat instead.

I personally did not notice a difference, but we are all different.

-raster

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Strict diet required?’ is closed to new replies.