STRICT DIET: Discussing 'Organic Meat'

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions STRICT DIET: Discussing 'Organic Meat'

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eskimo_pup 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

I’m excited to have found a few farms that are stocking organic chicken bones and meat.

However I would like to know what people thoughts on other poultry…
    I can also purchase organic:

Pheasant
    Duck
    Goose
    Turkey
    chicken livers

Are any of these a no-no?

Unfortunately there organic chicken sausages have rice flour but they have organic chicken mince.

Also should fish be ‘organic’ and what does this actually mean in relation to fish?

I’ve also found duck which is ‘additive free’ described as “the ducks are reared and slaughtered on the farm without the use of routine drugs or any additives. The feed is home-grown on the farm. The ducks are given access to pasture once they are old.”

What are the risks of this and how does it differ from organic [one of the same organic shops selling this but not in the organic section]. I’m guessing the feed isn’t organic…

I’m really excited to get an answer! The chicken mince will be so versatile and i’ve looking for organic bones for broth for ages!

Also can i confirm stock bones for broth can be from any animal?

Thank you.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds mostly ok. I had a little bit more trouble with turkey than other meats but this might only apply to me and not others.

I am not a fan of duck because its so hard and chewy. Never had goose or pheasant.

Organic fish I assume would be fed organic food and are raised in a pond or lake without medicine used, etc.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

eskimo_pup;47712 wrote: Also should fish be ‘organic’ and what does this actually mean in relation to fish?

The strict diet which I would think you have describes the correct fish as being, “”Young, sustainable, and certified by MSC” such as the fish marketed online by Vital Choice. I would imagine you could also find these at health food stores and probably at least a few supermarkets.

How long have you been on the diet now?

Sean

eskimo_pup
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 78

raster;47730 wrote: Sounds mostly ok. I had a little bit more trouble with turkey than other meats but this might only apply to me and not others.

I am not a fan of duck because its so hard and chewy. Never had goose or pheasant.

Organic fish I assume would be fed organic food and are raised in a pond or lake without medicine used, etc.

-raster

Thanks for your reply Raster, i love duck because the fatty juices can make it really tender and juicy!

I still wonder if it is ok on the strict diet as it is technically red meat compared to chicken, what are the qualities that make chicken a good match for this diet and do the other poultry meats meet this condition?

I might be over thinking it, i vaguely recall able saying yes to turkey but i’ve never asked about goose, duck or especially liver of any kind.

Hi Able,

I started in January but took badly to the anti-fungals so couldn’t increase them. I was doing only diet and probiotics until a month ago when i introduced boulardii to replace the antifungals which has been fine, i will double my dose to 9 billion boulardii soon.

My problem is i have cfids/cfs so i have to take things gently. I find i have off the scale sensitivity to pharmaceuticals and medicines, no doubt i experienced the same with the antifungals [and boulardii before i shifted my pill time around.]

I’ve got no problem in settling into a long term plan rather then a quick recovery to lessen the toll on my health from doing things to fast. I think as long as i keep testing foods the strict diet will be versatile enough to sustain me.

It may well take me twice as long as the average person.

Thanks for your help guys.

Also with regards to the fish i’ve never seen vital choice fish in the uk but i eat fish very infrequently anyway, maybe 1 or 2 times a month if that. I’m going to google vital choice see what my options are. Cheers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘STRICT DIET: Discussing 'Organic Meat'’ is closed to new replies.