stress holding me back, any advice?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions stress holding me back, any advice?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  laurenziano 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

lockie86
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 76

Hi,

I’m pretty sure that my progress is slow partly due to me being so stressed.

Stressed about feeling so ill, and also general life/work stuff.

Seems to be that as long as my body is producing too much cortisol/adrenalin, then the candida is being fed and no diet/supplements in the world are gonna win over that huh.

Any ideas of how to combat this, beyond ‘trying to relax’. Easier said than done, that, tho I am trying!

Specifically are there any supplements that would support the stress response, stop me feeling so wired and be OK on the plan?

I know ashwagandha was mentioned and now trying that, but is that OK long term? Wouldn’t the adrenals get too used to it?

Currently getting adrenals tested to see how depleted they are, but I suspect very.

Any advice GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!

Mark, UK

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Two words: medicinal marijuana. 😉

You might want to try tracking your temps to get a better idea of how your adrenals/thyroid are functioning. Check out this site: http://www.drrind.com/therapies/metabolic-temperature-graph

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Since I have been treating my adrenals, my recovery is speeding up.
    I started out treating them with a simple over the counter tea (Tention-Tamer)and now I am on a tincture that addresses it specifically.

My stress is pretty bad too. Im dealing with a death, being responsible for one who is 94 24/7, kids, and a job. For the last 6 months, I thought I would snap 🙁

I didnt really think anything would come of treatment, but I was desperate for some support.

I definitely encourage you research it…if you have adrenal exhaustion, you will notice the treatment making a big difference in your candida I think.

lockie86
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 76

Cool many thanks VC.

What kind of tincture is that? I’m UK so I wonder if I could get.

I just got results from Adrenal Tests and am at:

‘Resistance Stage 3 – Maladaptation’, indicating that it has passed through the ‘Alarm Stage’ and ‘Stages 1 and 2’, but is not yet close to the potential Exhaustion Stage.

Doesn’t sound too good and they’ve recommended a stack of supplements.

Let me know what the tincture is, or did you have it made up specially?

I wonder if u can get that tea here too?

Many thanks,

Mark
    UK

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My suggestions:

-Reduce coffee consumption if you are drinking it.
    -Consider addressing thyroid and/or adrenal health.
    -Consider constulting a naturopath about how to reduce stress with supplements. This really worked well for my wife a few months ago and she couldn’t handle anything for awhile, within 2-3 months she became normal.
    -Research stress/relaxation teas.
    -Get more sleep.
    -Reduce antifungals and/or help address liver health via detoxing.
    -Try out acupuncture, get a massage, etc. You can go into an acupuncture treatment feeling like crap and come out feeling like a million bucks. Go to a hot springs or sauna or hot tub, etc.

-raster

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

From this list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3146_Herbal-teas-list.aspx

Lemon balm tea is one that can reduce stress supposedly.

-raster

Vegan Catlady

lockie86;55597 wrote: Cool many thanks VC.

What kind of tincture is that? I’m UK so I wonder if I could get.

I just got results from Adrenal Tests and am at:

‘Resistance Stage 3 – Maladaptation’, indicating that it has passed through the ‘Alarm Stage’ and ‘Stages 1 and 2’, but is not yet close to the potential Exhaustion Stage.

Doesn’t sound too good and they’ve recommended a stack of supplements.

Let me know what the tincture is, or did you have it made up specially?

I wonder if u can get that tea here too?

Many thanks,

Mark
    UK

I am taking : http://drmorsesherbalhealthclub.com/shop/index.php/herbal-products-by-dr-morse/endocrine-glands.html
    and I also take: http://drmorsesherbalhealthclub.com/shop/index.php/herbal-products-by-dr-morse/adrenal-glands.html

The tea is Celestial Seasonings Tention Tamer, got it from the grocery store 🙂

I know your adrenal diagnosis doesnt sound too good, but I promise that it feels like night and day once you start treatment. At least that was my experience.
    I love the tinctures, they are a bit strong (im small) but having a modest background in herbs, these in the formula are excellent for anybody.
    Im actually considering putting my 12 yr old on them, since we know he has adrenal exhaustion as well.

I recommend checking out some of Dr Morse’s vids on the adrenals ( I will look for some for you) because you begin to see how they affect so much of the rest of your health and well being! Your hormones, your pancreas, your thyroid, ect.

You should be able to get those teas/tinctures shipped, but if for any reason you cant, let me know. If I can help, I will.

Vegan Catlady

Okay, they way Dr Morse works is that people wanting medical advice (usually they cant afford it or they have hit a wall in their illness and dont know how to move forward)write in to him, and he addresses the their situation over a video in order to teach other practitioners how he would handle it.
    These are not videos he advertises or uses to sell product, he is trying to help as many people as he can that are writing to him, asking him for help. He has a spiritual-bent,so take that in stride.

Here is a great short vid- after listening to this, I stopped taking my mineral supplements: http://www.rawfigs.com/video-play/q-a-101-part-1/?sid=48780 He blames acidosis for lupus,fibromyalgia,lyme,ect

On adrenals- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srEKeLpN1Hg

Here is a vid where someone wrote in about anxiety: http://www.rawfigs.com/video-play/q-a-78-part-1/?sid=48049

He rants a bit, but just know that he isnt doing it publicly,you have to really dig to find these videos
    http://www.rawfigs.com/video-play/q-a-82-part-8/?sid=48218

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Replies: 410

Sounds like anxiety to me. A lot of anxiety can cause stress. If you can eliminate it, you definitely look different at the world and you worry less about things.
    People with candida are likely to have a niacin deficieny (vitamin B3). Candidiasis causes vitamin B depletion in general. B vitamins are essential for cognitive stability and thus reducing stress. I’d advice to take vitamin B supplement, especially niacin.
    A lot of psychiatric issues are being solved with, sometimes dangerous, pharmaceuticals while most of these problems are no real psychiatric problems but vitamin deficiencies. The use of niacin for so called ‘psychiatric’ problems are seriously underestimated.
    http://www.doctoryourself.com/review_hoffer_B3.html

ThomasJoel2;55589 wrote: Two words: medicinal marijuana. 😉

+1
    The use of marijuana is underestimated, while it can be really beneficial for a lot of people.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Do this test at home.! It is scientific. I don’t advice quackery.

Pupilary Response Test for Adrenal Fatigue

Stand in front of a mirror in a darkened room (best done at night) for at least 15 seconds.
    Look straight into the mirror without blinking.
    Using your penlight or small flashlight, hold the light at eye level and by the side of your head pointing at your ear (see chart). About 8 inches away to avoid damaging the eye.
    Slowly move the light around your head toward your nose, staying 8 inches away at all times.
    Stop once the light is at a 45 degree angle to your retina. The light should NOT be pointing directly into your eye but should come in at an angle. hint: you shouldn’t feel like a deer in headlights.
    Hold the light steady and count how long your pupil can hold the contraction, up to 20 seconds. Once it starts to ‘pulse’ or loses the contraction, the test is over.
    Repeat on other eye.
    0-4 seconds | Adrenal Exhaustion |

5-10 seconds | Adrenal Fatigue |

11-19 seconds | Adrenal Dysfunction |

Jorge.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

dvjorge;55616 wrote: Do this test at home.! It is scientific. I don’t advice quackery.

Stand in front of a mirror in a darkened room (best done at night) for at least 15 seconds.
    Using your penlight or small flashlight, hold the light at eye level and by the side of your head pointing at your ear (see chart). About 8 inches away to avoid damaging the eye.
    Slowly move the light around your head toward your nose, staying 8 inches away at all times.
    Stop once the light is at a 45 degree angle to your retina. The light should NOT be pointing directly into your eye but should come in at an angle. hint: you shouldn’t feel like a deer in headlights.
    Hold the light steady and count how long your pupil can hold the contraction, up to 20 seconds. Once it starts to ‘pulse’ or loses the contraction, the test is over.
    Repeat on other eye.

Jorge.

Mine go CRAZY big small big small within seconds

dvjorge
    Participant

Tdog333;55620 wrote:

Do this test at home.! It is scientific. I don’t advice quackery.

Repeat on other eye.

Jorge.

Mine go CRAZY big small big small within seconds

Confirm with this one :

Test #2: Blood Pressure Test
    If your blood pressure drops when you stand up from a lying position, this almost always indicates low adrenals. This can be measured with a blood pressure gauge (a sphygmomanometer), which you can buy at a drug store. Make sure to purchase the type that doesn’t require a stethoscope to take your blood pressure.

Make sure to do this test when you are well hydrated or it could give you a false positive. Lie down quietly for about 10 minutes, then take your blood pressure (while still lying down). Then stand up and measure your blood pressure immediately upon standing. Normally blood pressure will rise 10-20mmHg from standing up. If your blood pressure drops, you likely have adrenal fatigue. The more severe the drop, the more severe the adrenal fatigue.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

dvjorge, what do you recommend for supporting the adrenals?

I’m taking adrenal cortex extract with success, but am wondering if there’s more I could be doing.

dvjorge
    Participant

ThomasJoel2;55623 wrote: dvjorge, what do you recommend for supporting the adrenals?

I’m taking adrenal cortex extract with success, but am wondering if there’s more I could be doing.

High Doses of Vitamin C.!

Jorge.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

101/63 laying 73bpm pulse laying down

117/82 95bpm pulse after standing up

Ever since I started taking high doses of vitamin C and B5 I don’t get dizzy when I stand anymore. It used to be REALLY bad, I was fall over pretty much.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘stress holding me back, any advice?’ is closed to new replies.