Stress & Anxiety

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Stress & Anxiety

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  momma1 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Unfortunately, anxiety is more than just a possible occurance during a Candida infestation, in fact it happens with sufferers more often than not. Anxiety attacks are also common and are an automatic response which is very difficult to overcome.

With practice, a person can, at least to a degree, learn to control these experiences with a specific breathing technique.

Like any other mental exercise, this requires that you focus on what you’re doing and not on what is happening to your body. The breathing technique will help you in calming your body and is simple to use even if you’re struggling with panic.

Begin by inhaling to the count of 2. Exhale to the count of 2.
    Inhale to the count of 2. Exhale to the count of 4.
    Inhale to the count of 2. Exhale to the count of 6.
    Inhale to the count of 2. Exhale to the count of 8.
    Inhale to the count of 2. Exhale to the count of 10.

This is most useful to use when you feel stressed, or an anxiety attack or panic attack coming on.

Two natural products are also very helpful for these situations; they are 5HTP and Ashwaganda. Both can usually be found in any health food or vitamin shop.

Able

Healhy
    Topics: 87
    Replies: 45

I have so much hunger I´m just in day 5. This will pass?

catlover345
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 43

Here Albe.. have you heard of the herb “ST Johns Wort” .. it was reccomended to me by my psychiatrist because i wanted to discontinute with my prescribed medication. Apparntly is just as effective as a prescribed anti-depressent/anxiety medication.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

catlover345 wrote: Albe.. have you heard of the herb “ST Johns Wort” ..

St. John’s Wort is fine for using during a Candida treatment. The difference between 5-HTP and St. John’s Wort reminds me of the difference between Molybdenum and the herbal supplement, Candidate; meaning St. John’s Wort is much like Candidate in that it’s first an herb, and will act as an immediate mood enhancer in times of a low mood. On the other hand, 5-HTP is more of a long-term supplement and is manufactured naturally in the human body. Plus, if insomnia is a problem, 5-HTP is more help for that problem in the long run, but it’ll probably take a week or longer for it to start helping in that area, just give it time.

It wouldn’t hurt to take St. John’s Wort, 5-HTP, and Ashwaganda all three, especially when you’re depressed, trying to stop a prescription antidepressant, or experiencing insomnia.

Able

momma1
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

is it okay to take GABA as well? its an amino acid that is supposed to help calm you down. i have bought 5HTP, GABA and St. John’s Wort when i was trying to cure my Anxiety issues but realized it is related to Candida. Now i know that i should continue to take these supplement but is GABA comparable to Ashwagandha?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stress & Anxiety’ is closed to new replies.