Strange symptoms when stomach gets cold

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Strange symptoms when stomach gets cold

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

dazzammm
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

Hi,

Im new here but have a query on a symptoms I have had for 15 years that no-one can explain and im wondering if its candida related.

If my stomach gets cold (e.g. top is not tucked in) or I drink alcohol on an empty stomach I get these flu like symptoms for about 3 days. (sweats, aches, shivers, wheezy).
    (before anyone says anything I dont drink alcohol anymore).

I can avoid it most of the time but wondering whether my candida doesnt like the cold!

thanks

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello.

The only connection I know of between a cold feeling in the stomach and Candida is something called GERD, better known as Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. This is often a by-product of a Candida albicans, especially when the infestation is a long standing case.

Symptoms of GERD can include pain in the high abdomen or chest area which often will move upward toward the mouth. A lot of people have chest pain with or without the burning sensation. Sometimes the chest pain can move down the arms, neck, or jaw, and often there’s also either a mild stomach pain or a burning in the stomach, also bloating and belching. GERD can also cause nausea after a meal.

Regardless of what most people believe, it’s the lack of stomach acids which causes GERD or heartburn. This makes sense when you consider that a lack of stomach acid creates an overgrowth of yeast, and the overgrowth of Candida in the abdomen causes heartburn due to fermentation from the Candida. Have you ever heard of anyone taking loads of Tums to cure themselves completely of heartburn? This is because Tums are an anti-acid and cannot bring about a permanent cure for heartburn.

There are lots of other reasons why we absolutely do need acids; I’m going to post some of these reasons in a different forum for anyone who is interested.

Many people read other information on the internet, and after reading the incorrect information, decide to limit their acids. I can say that, if you decide to try limiting acids in every way, you may as well avoid taking high doses of probiotics which create an acidic environment in the intestines (that’s how it kills off the Candida). Not that I’m trying to convince you to do this, but to let you see how it can have a definite adverse reactions in your treatment.

When you drank alcohol on an empty stomach and received flu like symptoms for 3 days (sweats, aches, shivers, wheezy), that was the Candida symptoms increasing because you were feeding the feeding the infestation and allowing it to multiply.

Do you experience any other symptoms at all?

Able

dazzammm
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

thanks for that.

My symptoms are too numerous to mention. I found a website on candida symptoms and i had 26 out of 36 so i sound atypical. My biggest symptoms are fatigue, stiffness, coated tongue, senstivity to bright light and eye pain.

I dont experience a cold in my stomach – cold triggers the flu symptoms. my stomach feels fine when i get this.

and the alcohol – if i drink milk or eat first i am fine. its ONLY on an empty stomach.

Able900
    Spectator

Since you have all the other symptoms, the white tongue is probably oral thrush which is a mouth infection caused by the overgrowth of Candida fungus. It’s a surface infection which can affect the insides of the cheeks, corners of the mouth, tongue, roof of the mouth as well as the throat.

Symptoms of oral thrush can be any of the following;

A bad taste in your mouth and/or decreased taste sensation.

A white, cream-colored, or yellowish coating on the tongue or in the mouth which is usually slightly raised. There may or may not be pain underneath the spots

A practice by the name of oil pulling therapy offers an excellent chance of greatly eliminating most of the yeast of oral thrush. If you do your own research, you may see it referred to as “oil swishing.”

What it amounts to is putting a good mouthful or a tablespoon full of coconut oil in a clean mouth and then swishing it around just like you’d do if you were using a mouth wash. You need to do this for 10 to 15 minutes, and you won’t swallow it any more than you’d swallow your mouth wash.

‘Swishing’ of course means to push it back and forth between your teeth as well as all around your mouth, back and front. The oil will grow thicker as you swish it around, but after a while it should start to feel thin or watery. Spit it out at the end of the time, rinse with salt water and brush your teeth very well. The oil pulling gets rid of the toxins and bacteria in your mouth without disturbing the healthy flora and usually takes care of the coated tongue in time.

A few things to remember:

1. Perform oil-pulling on an empty stomach with a clean mouth – up to three times a day, first thing in the morning and before each meal.

2. Wash, clean and blow your nose before the therapy.

3. While the oil is in your mouth, you can slowly blow your nose if you need to clear it while holding the oil inside your mouth.

4. Sensations or even irritation may possibly cause you to sneeze or cough while doing the oil pulling. Just try to go slowly and remain as relaxed as possible. If you do sneeze or cough, losing the oil, just start over with new oil.

5. If phlegm gathers in your mouth or throat, you can spit and start over with fresh oil.
    6. Try to purchase unprocessed oils such as coconut oil, sesame, or safflower.
    Whether or not you try this is up to you, but do some researching before you decide either way, see what others who have used the method have to say about it.

Oil pulling is native to the country of India, and the practice has been going on for over 2000 years, all the way back to the Ayurvedic medicine period, with both Hinduism and Buddhism having a great influence. One of the main goals of Ayurvedic medicine was to eliminate toxic elements from the body, which the oil pulling therapy addresses.

Able

sallyf024
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 22

Able has been right on for me. I spent months going to doctors and researching Candida and found success on this website. Also,I just wanted to add that this swishing or oil pulling was 100% successful!

Able900
    Spectator

Thank you for your post, Sally.

Able

joy
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 33

I am going to try this oil pulling as well….I also have a coated tongue….would the candida diet and anti-fungals, probiotics etc clear up the coated tongue or is this something seperate that needs to be treated differently such as using the oil pulling?

thank you

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Joy.

If you have a coated tongue with other Candida symptoms, then it’s a pretty sure bet that you have a Candida albicans infestation instead of just a yeast problem, but, either way, the entire treatment and diet would be needed to bring the body back to a normal state and rid yourself of problem. The oil-pulling therapy will simply add to the treatment making the coating disappear quicker than without it.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think most colds/flus are due to candida and if we all just ate healthier, then our world would have way less health problems. Try the diet and you symptoms may improve significantly in time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Strange symptoms when stomach gets cold’ is closed to new replies.