Strange Reaction to Garlic

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Strange Reaction to Garlic

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  s. 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

mph2003
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello,

I have been following Able’s strict diet now for the past 3 weeks or so. Throughout that period I have been cooking with garlic and eating garlic with no problem.

Tonight I decided to blend a clove of garlic together with about a half cup of water and drink it rather than cook dinner with it.

Within 1 minute of drinking it my head is pounding and I’m feeling nauseous. It was so bad that I had to run to my bathroom and lost my lunch.

I thought that would be a good way to eat the garlic without cooking it in dinner. Was this dumb of me to do? Any idea why it would cause me to react that way? It has been years since I have vomited so I’m pretty interested to find out why this would cause that.

Any info will help! Thanks!

Matt

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

Your stomach could be really sensitive right now. Garlic is very powerful and hard on the stomach lining. Just a thought. Plus – it’s a strong antifungal and antiperistic. Likely was too much at once. I bet you could get away with this in six more months. I use to react strongly to garlic. I don’t as bad any more.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If your sensitive to antifungals, it can “mess you up” big time in a variety of ways. A few times after taking grapefruit seed extract I’ve almost vomited…these antifungals are strong in general and are not to be taken lightely. Even natural antifungals can cause die off and to make you feel bad.

-raster

jereseib
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 32

mph2003 wrote: Hello,

I have been following Able’s strict diet now for the past 3 weeks or so. Throughout that period I have been cooking with garlic and eating garlic with no problem.

Tonight I decided to blend a clove of garlic together with about a half cup of water and drink it rather than cook dinner with it.

Within 1 minute of drinking it my head is pounding and I’m feeling nauseous. It was so bad that I had to run to my bathroom and lost my lunch.

I thought that would be a good way to eat the garlic without cooking it in dinner. Was this dumb of me to do? Any idea why it would cause me to react that way? It has been years since I have vomited so I’m pretty interested to find out why this would cause that.

Any info will help! Thanks!

Matt

I had a similar reaction when I tried eating a whole clove of raw garlic. I got extremely bad gas and stomach pains. It almost felt like it was making my candida worse. Raw onions did the same thing to me.

mph2003
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

What’s strange is I can mix a clove of raw garlic with an avocado and no problem. For some reason my body didn’t like me drinking it straight up…

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Can you get a reaction to Garlic thats in foods? or the powder also?
    Garlic has bothered me now for about 2 yrs and i was tested for garlic (blood test) and they said it was negative. just seems everytime i ate something with garlic in it, i had a reaction to it.

Aloe214
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 8

I got reactions from garlic too and I knew it’s not die off. I followed the forum protocol and rotated the antifungals every 2 weeks, whenever I took garlic supplement all my symptoms were back. So if you feel wrong just stop taking it.

jereseib
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 32

Wow, it seems like a few of us have had problems with garlic. I have a theory. Garlic is suppose to be a pre-biotic which is only suppose to help our friendly bacteria. What if the pre-biotics also feed some of the candida? I seem to have issues with pre-biotic foods like this such as FOS. Either that or its a little too strong for our digestive systems.

Thoughts?

s.

If your gut flora is out of balance – which it probably is or you wouldn’t be here – Citrobacter can overgrow and garlic and FOS is a no-no with that. It is not considered a pathogen but it can overgrow. Once you get the levels for citrobacter down, and you get good bacteria going, garlic can be used as a prebiotic again. Just a little tip I picked up from my own out of whack guts.

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Very interesting S.

And jereseib, you may be very well right. i seem to have the same issues. hhhmmm..Garlic and FOS.
    ALSO from day one, every time i eat eggs..which is everyday…i have a reaction. its mild mostly but sometimes it goes to moderate and i am dizzy all day long. any reason for this? am i having an allergic reaction to eggs? do i need to continue eating them or stop? This has been going on two months. SOMETIMES they dont seem to bother me but most of the time..they do.

s.

oh…….I’m going to say something that I hope I don’t get kicked off the forum for…..ha..ha….but here goes. Try this – only eat the whites and see if you get a reaction. Do this for a couple of days….and see what happens. I couldn’t eat eggs at all for a few months on the diet until I learned this trick. If that doesn’t work, and you were me, I’d ditch the eggs for awhile.

s.

Here is another thought…..I really had a hard time until I discovered Bragg’s apple cider vinegar….and I mean with EVERY meal. In the beginging when I used it I would almost pass out from the strong reaction. I stuck with it and now I have no reaction. In fact, it has helped me a TON! If you have SIBO -small intestinal bacteria overgrowth- along with your candida – it is a clear sign you aren’t producing near the stomach acid you should. Did you ever have stomach burning? Mine was severe – now I rarely have any. I also had severe skin rashes that immediately got better when I went on Diflucan and Nystantin. That was a big clue. I think the yucky bacteria are now taming down and the candida is not so yelly for food any more. I have good days and bad days still, but the nightmares are over. Just fatigue and if I forget something or do too much of something and not eat very balanced my guts fire up. I don’t have the best luck with probiotics either. Only water kefir these days and I’m going to experiment with going off of it for a week and see how my intestines feel – but I have been on a restricted diet of one kind or another since May 2011. I’m doing another stool test here in the next week.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Strange Reaction to Garlic’ is closed to new replies.