strained kefir and yogurt

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions strained kefir and yogurt

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jay253 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jay253
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 43

hi i dont know if dairy is even allowed here as i don’t got the diet yet but does any of you know if straining the whey helps to remove some or all remaining lactose, the scd diet only allows home made 24hr yogurt because store bought has more lactose as its 8 hr and has milk added back, so i thought straining it might make it ok then add nut milks to make it yogurt again, kefir isnt allowed but maybe she don’t know it can be fermented till the whey separates and gets thick too after 48 hrs

jay253

is nuts allowed do they have sugar i like brazilnut milk? Also real greek yogurt isn’t just strained the greek starter can be cultured forever,like viili and other herlooms with culter at room temp like kefir. check out cultersforhealth site or you can get live viili and real greek on ebay. then you wont need store bought again you can freeze some starter for a year plus

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

What kind of diet for candida doesn’t allow kefir? What’s the reasoning behing this?

Do you know how simple it is to make homemade yogurt? Why would you bother straining store bought?

I’m sure there’s a little sugar in nuts, but the main problem is that they’re a dried food which means they likely contain mold.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Nuts can also be difficult to digest.

Some anti-candida diets don’t allow anything fermented, which just seems weird to me because obviously, all that bacteria is good for your gut!

jay253

kefir still has a lot of lactose sugar, i make both but its cheaper to buy organic yogurt yes its cheaper then the milk 250 for yogurt 6 for milk goat milk kefir is a little cheaper then the milk also on the scd diet store bought isnt allowed because they add extra lactose 30% and they only ferment for 8 hrs then strain leaving even more lactose sugar then milk check out breaking the vicious cycle.com, if you strain all the whey it will have less sugar. redwood hill farm has some interesting strains like l. diacetylactis and cremoris bulgaricus so i wanted to use it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘strained kefir and yogurt’ is closed to new replies.