Still the forum is slow and hard to post

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Still the forum is slow and hard to post

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  anna 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Hi guys,
    Since last week, it has been hard to post in the forum since it responds very slow and many times show an error.

I don’t know who else is experiencing it ??

Jorge.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I think everyone is. It’s made me realise that it’s about time someone got rid of those security images though. It’s not like we’re posting as guests. And they’re case-sensitive…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It’s better but not perfect…post this under the administrative thread so anna can see/know about this. They will be updating the software rather soon I hear though.

The server where this forum is housed is having issues so they had to move it to a new server.

-raster

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi dvjorge, javizy

We were experiencing some problems with our hosting company, most of which are now fixed.

There are still one or two glitches, but these should be ironed out when the new forum software is installed, within the next week or so.

Best
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Thanks for the explanation, Anna.

My main remaining problem is the security image. I copy the text from the security image, yet I receive an error message telling me that the text I entered does not match the security image. After clicking OK, I sometimes see the same security image, which I copy again, with the same result. Sometimes I see a different security image, which I copy, but with the same result once more: the same error message appears.

It usually takes about six to eight attempts before my text is accepted.

anna
    Keymaster

Hi Floggi

I had to introduce the security image because the forum was getting deluged by spam posts. The security image stopped it immediately. When we get the upgrade (latest estimate is this Friday), this is another area that I will look to make more streamlined for users.

Best
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

yes the security image is causing an issue. i put in the correct security and it says it didnt match..then it puts another one there.. it has done that with every post.
    and it is till very slow in the forum. sluggish. hope the new software works…
    i been staying away because of it.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

The forum is still too slow to be usable at times. Just about half an hour ago, I repeatedly got time-outs, so I could neither read nor post.

When posting, I sometimes cannot post because the forum does not react at all. At other times, there is a reaction, but it’s just a simple error message telling me that something went very wrong and that no information is available.

Most common, though, is a message telling me that I did not enter the text of the security image correctly – even if I’m sure I did. This then happens repeatedly. Sometimes the system shows the same security image again, sometimes a different one.

I find I have the highest chance to succeed at posting when you get a new security image, then enter the text of the previous security image.

Technically, it may have something to do with the wrong image being shown because the browser uses an old image that is still cached somewhere. A forum (and HTML) expert might be able to tweak the HTML headers such that the security image is never cached.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

I had lots of problems for a long time and some problems are still there.

I was logged out all the time and could not keep myself logged on.
    While writing a post I was logged out
    While logged in and writting a post I got a loading error for the posting.
    Often the security image doesnt work and even I write the right stuff it tells me I am doing it wrong. So I copy my texts in the post and have to start up a new post, paste the text in and then it works.

A lot of hussle but what I am happy about is that I am not logged out anymore.

Ahh, yes, and the entire forum is slow in loading when I browse to the side.

thanks for working on it!
    cheers
    Thomas

anna
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas

Yes the login/logout problem has been fixed so that should not cause any further issues.

I have just disabled the CAPTCHA security image that has been causing issues for members too.

Its been an incredibly frustrating few days trying to work with our hosting company to sort out the other problems. We are hopefully going to complete the upgrade to the new software within the next couple of days, then I will be looking for a more reliable hosting company too.

Best
    Anna

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Still the forum is slow and hard to post’ is closed to new replies.