still struggling

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions still struggling

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i have no idea how yall all are following this strict diet so long every time i try it after 4 or 5 days i mess up and start over again !its been so long and i swear i feel like giving up today .yesterday i was on day 5 for probably the 8th time or so before i ate the pizza ry made 4 dinner .i had been out running errands and made a big mistake of not bringing food wit me when i got home i messd up .

die off has been wicked i cant work properly and i know im making it worse by not sticking with things ,my coworkers are all mad at me because ive been sick for so long all they see is i dont hold my wt no more .i yelled at my hubby yesterday because he dosent understand told me to stop spending my money and just do diet .it bothers me more with him then anyone else cuz he is the closest to me .i am so tired and weak untop of worsening symptoms i could barely pick baby up yesterday .

i guess im fed up i can tolerate 3tbs coconut oil now without getting extremely nausea ,the only thing i really like on the strict diet is veggie stir fry ,eggs ,coconut flour chicken, coconut bread ,and rutabaga i eat Brussels sprouts and asparagus also but thats about it .i just feel as if i cant do this and u guys have been great at support like im in an aa group lol and i know i have to do this im grateful i know whats wrong and that it can b fixd i just wish it wasent sooo hard .

ill tell ya i been thru sum very hard things in my life ive dealt with passed abusive relationship ,infertility,my current hubbys infidelity ,hubby being in jail,house raids (he used to sell weed but dosent anymore !)and oh the list does go on anyway it seems this is harder than all of what ive been thru i thought i was a strong woman before this i feel so weak and sick just like i cant do it anymore .and i have a good attidute about the diet when im on it i just cant seem to follow thru and the pain is so bad right now from the pizza and cookies last night it should be enough to keep me on track ,i just dont know why my will power seems so weak .

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Do you have intestinal symptoms ??

What are your symptoms ??

Are you doing enemas???

Jorge.

hope4eva77

my most bothersome symptoms are vaginal pain vulva outer burning and an inner bladder pain that burns and feels sharp ,frequent yeast infections ,and i also have thrush in back of tongue ,a annoying sore throat and brain fog and anxiety

i was diagnosed with ic but they only offerd me pain meds and bladder cath instillation’s so i decide to try this since i was on antibiotics for over three months and tested for everything under the sun already i figured it couldnt hurt but now the diet is just seeming way to hard to follow .

no im not doing enemas where do i get them ? i found Swedish bitters help constipation

dvjorge
    Participant

hope4eva77;36509 wrote: my most bothersome symptoms are vaginal pain vulva outer burning and an inner bladder pain that burns and feels sharp ,frequent yeast infections ,and i also have thrush in back of tongue ,a annoying sore throat and brain fog and anxiety

i was diagnosed with ic but they only offerd me pain meds and bladder cath instillation’s so i decide to try this since i was on antibiotics for over three months and tested for everything under the sun already i figured it couldnt hurt but now the diet is just seeming way to hard to follow .

no im not doing enemas where do i get them ? i found Swedish bitters help constipation

Yes, it is CRC.
    The root of the problem is the intestines. You need to recover cell-mediated immunity to win the battle. You also will need systemic antifungal drugs at some point of your treatment. I will say that at a point where your intestinal colonies be reduced to a minimum and when your cell-mediated immunity be active against the yeast.

How does it happens ??
    During a period of stress and long antibiotic rounds, we lose an effective immune response to control yeast overgrowth and germination. The “normal” yeast mono-cells living in the vagina and colon turn germ tubes and filamentous. This form is able to penetrates the epithelial cells. Since our cell protection (Th1) is partially blocked, candida albicans penetrates the cells. One time inside the cells, it adopts a non-growing form but still able to produce enzymes and metabolites. It is known as an intracellular candidiasis.

This is what is causing your vulvar pain and burning feeling.

The thing is a little bit complex since the cell-mediated dominance is controlled by yeast colonies in the intestines. In a few words, to eliminate the intracellular vaginal infection you need to correct the immune suppression power yeast colonies are causing inside the gut.

An intestinal overgrowth is a big part of the chronic immune paralyzes yeast sufferers have.
    Until this be corrected ( a hard battle ) there isn’t hope any other local yeast focus will be eliminated. There is a yeast metabolite called MANNAN that is able to paralyzes cell-mediated immunity. I guess you know that without immune defenses there isn’t cure. Rx antifungal, fungicidal or fungistatic, can not win the battle without immunity. It is a team work where our immunity plays the biggest role.

Anyway, I am trying to help a little bit because I see you posting frustrated about your results.
    I am really tired of all this and feel there aren’t too many people trying to steal my knowledge and experience about this syndrome. I would like to see it more and more because there are millions suffering and lack of knowledge about it. It doesn’t mean I know all, but I can say you I am 90% close to the true.
    I have done all (my research, sacrifices, etc) because it was a requirement to recover myself.

I hope this help,

Jorge.

hope4eva77

u sound very smart Jorge i get what your saying ,i have diflucan 100 mg for twice a wk but havent started it yet as its so harmful to liver ,i also take renew life probiotics and plan on doing kefir but its just so cold here im scared ill mess it up right now anyhow are u saying this isnt enough ?

and are u reffering to those shots u talkd about ? i read about them a bit i dont know if anyone in my area can give them but if state insurance dont cover it i doubt i can afford it .

dvjorge
    Participant

hope4eva77;36516 wrote: u sound very smart Jorge i get what your saying ,i have diflucan 100 mg for twice a wk but havent started it yet as its so harmful to liver ,i also take renew life probiotics and plan on doing kefir but its just so cold here im scared ill mess it up right now anyhow are u saying this isnt enough ?

and are u reffering to those shots u talkd about ? i read about them a bit i dont know if anyone in my area can give them but if state insurance dont cover it i doubt i can afford it .

No, I am not talking about immune stimulation shots.

I am talking about you have yeast living inside your epithelial cells. The only way to reach inside the cells is by bloodstream with a systemic antifungal. However, you can take a truck loaded with Fluconazole, but if you HAVE an immune paralysis ( Th1/Th17 ) it won’t resolve it.

The only way to recover acquired cell-mediated immunity suppression is to correcting and eliminating what is causing it.

In the case of most candida sufferers the causes are YEAST COLONIES INSIDE THE GUT and HEAVY METAL TOXICITY.

If these two aren’t corrected, there isn’t any possible definitive solution. Diet, supplements, etc only offer managing. That is it.

Jorge.

hope4eva77

ok so i dont quite get what your telling me to do i mean i take probiotics are u saying thats all i need since thats the cause of my imbalance is low gut flora from antibiotics cuz trust me thers no way im staying n this diet forever !what exactly are u saying i should do ?

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Hope,

If it gets too stressful, then pick a diet you think you can honor for 1 month, and you could move forward from there.

I think if you are one of the people who are having difficulties on such a strict diet, then perhaps they can benefit from a “pit stop” diet, where they add very low sugar items like blueberries or almond butter, more chicken, etc. to their daily salads and anti-candida veggies. I’ve done this and its kept me from eating big cheat items like pizza or cookies.

And beyond the diet slip ups, you have a lot of stress coming from all angles. I have benefited from seeing a psychologist during my journey with Candida. It has helped my perception across the board. I highly recommend it for candida sufferers, especially if you have insurance that covers it.

hope4eva77

Thanks Titan I already decided to add brown rice pasta once a wk and a apple or 2 a wk and hopefully I can stay on track even if I have a meal without dessert once a wk or 2 wks I don’t think it should set me back much.

I just have to b able to get thru at least 8 days without completely falling off

I do need to reduce stress as all this is stressful and my job is also
    I plan on doing acupuncture every 2 wks, I wish I could go more but it’s out of pocket. So I hope its enough I should b starting nxt wk

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hope, just so you’re aware, most of the people on the forum who have posted in the testimonies on the forum did not do a compete heavy metal detox through a dentist or physician. I didn’t and there are plenty of others who haven’t.
    You’ve not really given the protocol and diet a good chance to see if you can cure your infestation with a less invasive technique yet, so please at least give it a shot before you spend a fortune on the invasive type treatments.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant

Able900;36551 wrote:
    Hope, just so you’re aware, most of the people on the forum who have posted in the testimonies on the forum did not do a compete heavy metal detox through a dentist or physician. I didn’t and there are plenty of others who haven’t.
    You’ve not really given the protocol and diet a good chance to see if you can cure your infestation with a less invasive technique yet, so please at least give it a shot before you spend a fortune on the invasive type treatments.

Able

I agree with it. Heavy metal toxicity should be investigated before to consider it an immune suppressor. Fungal colonies in the gut can suppress cell-mediated to a point where it isn’t easy to eradicate the infection. Metal toxicity should be covered by a hair mineral analysis or a provocative urine test. You shouldn’t assume it without proves.

Jorge.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Hope, I think Titan is right in your case… and in lots of ours. Modern life makes it very difficult to cope with this diet. I still eat almond butter, blackberries and occasional rice pasta. It makes it easier for me. It may take me longer to get better but I do believe I will get there.

Just for your info., my acupunturist has points that she does on me to reduce carb cravings, you should ask about it when you go. Also, ask about PTSD points on your body as well. You have been through a lot and a great deal of your caving in on the diet is probably due to stress. Sometimes, my acupunturist will teach me points to massage. I found out this week that I might have to have another cancer surgery and she taught me some points for anxiety and grief. I gotta tell you, I didn’t believe in acupuncture and first but it has helped me so much that I am a true believer. My mom made me go and she pays for it… I can’t say enough about how much she has been there for me.

Yeast overgrowth in chinese medicine is due to dampness. See if you can get any herbs from the acupuncturist too. I have gotten so much good advice from mine!

hope4eva77

Able and Jorge i am not considering the metal detox u speak of but wanted to know what it was jorge didnt explain what it was at all to me so i asked him and he didnt reply back yet .i dont have alot of money to spend and have to b carefull .i really want to keep this treatment going i just get so frustrated u know .

thanks to all of u that read this long post as i was in a very bad mood dark place when i wrote it i appreciate yall taking the time to reply .

Kag im starting acupuncture tommorow i found a community one in my area for 35-50$ depending on income i dont know what exactly ill be payng but its alot cheaper than the 80$ a visit i got when i calld around for private visits !now i can go once a wk for a lil while and if it helps me lower stress and pain its worth it .stress eating is exactly what i do and why i fall off track u are on point with that ,i have a busy day running errands cleaning house ,work ext and i just reach for a sandwich or sumthing !if this helps my stress it will help me stick with diet and since im doing sumthing to pamper myself which i never do im always doing for others ,it will give me a piece of mind to stick with things also so i dont feel so deprived ,ill let ya know how it goes !

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Hey Faith, I think I mentioned this to someone else on another thread, but you might want to look into massage schools in your area. A lot of them have a “spa day” or “clinic day” for the public once a week, where people who have booked ahead of time come in for free or cheap massage from the students who are close to finishing school. My school offered it for free, and the most I’ve ever heard being charged for student massage is like $30, ish. That could help with your stress levels.

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

Hope,

Why not get off of the strict diet and do the regular diet? It seems like it’s really stressing you and that’s definitely not good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘still struggling’ is closed to new replies.