Still confused about what foods can and cannot be eaten and when

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Still confused about what foods can and cannot be eaten and when

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Himawari 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Meredith
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

I read through the protocol and list of acceptable foods but was wondering when nuts, beans and rice can be added back into the diet? Do they ever need to be taken out? I’m doing a broth and lemon water only cleanse for three days and then will add in eggs and veggies, but I work really long days (13 hours a couple times a week) and need to make sure I have food with me I can eat and that I keep up my energy (especially without my usual coffee!). Is there a link to a post that is a little more detailed about what else can be eaten? I saw a couple recipes with tahini, is that a food that I should reintroduce in a couple weeks?

Thanks so much to the entire community for all the info and advice!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I’m assuming that you’re talking about the diet on the forum and not the one on the website. If not, you will want to read this as most of the forum members use this diet so this is the one you’ll see them discussing on the forum.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Nuts normally contain mold and also cause mucus. Beans are shown on phase 2.

Rice is something that shouldn’t be introduced until the entire infestation has been eliminated.

Able

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

Hi Meredith,

I would recommend buckwheat and millet as your go-to energy foods. They’re both test items, meaning you might want to wait a few weeks before introducing them, and then watch for any reaction once you do, but they both make for a fine rice substitute.

Also, you’d be surprised what counts as “lunchbox food.” Here in Japan, lunchboxes (called “bento”) contain normal meals: rice, small meat dishes, occasionally grilled fish, fried egg (“tamago-yaki”), vegetables, etc. Strangely enough, no one ever refrigerates or microwaves their lunches, and it all turns out okay anyway. Salads are also a good choice. I always pack a bento before leaving the house for more than a few hours… anything I don’t eat I just stick in the fridge when I get back and eat later.

For snacky foods to keep in your purse, etc., cucumbers are pretty decent, as are raw green beans. My favorite choice is nori, a type of dried seaweed commonly used in sushi (has a nice crunch and won’t go bad easily!)

Meredith
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

Thanks for the tips Himawari! Those are really helpful. Do you know if we can eat yogurt in the early stage also?

Able, does that mean things like raw almond butter are out or could I eat that too? So for the next couple of weeks, I’ll really only be eating vegetables and eggs, is that right? Or can I incorporate chicken? I’ve gone through a bunch of posts on the forum but I’m more of a linear thinker and not having it all lined up (when I can eat chicken, yogurt, nuts, etc) for me has been a bit confusing.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Able, does that mean things like raw almond butter are out or could I eat that too?

Well, it’s really up to you, not me. But more than a few people have received immediate or delayed reactions from this, including myself back when I had the infestation.

So for the next couple of weeks, I’ll really only be eating vegetables and eggs, is that right? Or can I incorporate chicken? I’ve gone through a bunch of posts on the forum but I’m more of a linear thinker and not having it all lined up (when I can eat chicken, yogurt, nuts, etc) for me has been a bit confusing.

Actually it’s lined up quite nicely on the “Allowed Foods List” as shown below:

Phase 2 of the Diet

Cashews & almonds (preferably soaked in water for several hours to remove any possible mold)

As far as when you’ll start Phase 2, no one can predict that at this time. There are just too many variables to know that for certain.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t worry about phase 2 until you basically have no symptoms. This could take many months. Even then, if you start eating them regularly, the candida can come back and grow very easily. This is what happened to me recently when I got really worn down and after being on phase 2 for about 4 months.

-raster

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

Kefir (homemade, not purchased) is better than yogurt, although I’ve read here on the forum that Greek yogurt is better than normal yogurt. Make sure there is no sugar, fruit, etc. added! I personally waited a few months before trying even the kefir because I was wary of dairy. You can also make water kefir (dairy free), but I haven’t tried that.

How often to eat chicken in stage one is up to you. Personally, I’ve found it to be one of the better foods to fudge on and eat more frequently than recommended by Able, but kefir, eggs, and low-mercury fish are better choices for protein.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Still confused about what foods can and cannot be eaten and when’ is closed to new replies.