Stifoo's Story

This topic contains 38 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  zarina 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

stifoo
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 24

So, I just found out for sure I had a candida infection. Likely had it for 10 years! Got a blood test.I’m so excited by my results I thought I would share to encourage others. I am 35 and felt like I was 60…screw you candida.

Ideas on how I got it…too much drinking, poor diet, lots of dairy, sugar and stress. Oh, and I used to smoke to boot.

over 10 Doctors in a row (including emergency hospital visits)basically told me I was hypochondriac. Tried to put me on every antidepressant in the world. Left me with a UTI for 6 mos because it didn’t “show” on their new, stupid paper dip test. Finally did some research and decided to lie to new Dr. Told them I had rare type of UTI that didn’t show on normal tests and required them to look under microscope and run culture…guess what…UTI FOUND! Permanent damage to urethra. Pee just a little now when I sneeze hard sometimes (never had kids)

Gave western medicine the royal finger about 4 years ago and never looked back. Give me the internet and a naturopath any day.

I went on diflucan, now on nistatin and on a strict no sugar, vinegar (except for apple cider vinegar)wheat, mushrooms etc.

On day 28 and here are list of symptoms (some that I had no idea were candida until they were suddenly gone!) and progress made:

No more strange vertical wrinkles on chest…developed them at about 27 (now 35) and thought was very strange…2 weeks in I noticed they suddenly disappeared! WOW

Face skin much less dry..still have 25% to go to feel like its better enough that I don’t have to slick down with cocoa butter every 5 min just to feel normal.

Lower back pain….GONE! It came on slowly and then was almost crippling. Was saving money to go to chiropractor..thought it was scoliosis kicking in…nope Candida

Weird, random neck, chest and chin acne GONE GONE GONE

constant UTI feeling…GONE

Vaginal yeast infection…mostly gone…no odor, almost no discharge, very little itching

Strange dry, itchy rash with little bumps between and under breasts..GONE

Random dandruff attacks…gone

little dry elbow patches…mostly gone

swelling hands…gone

brain fog….THANK F”ING GOD GONE GONE GONE

SEVERE CRIPPLING ANXIETY….Much better..small bouts…easily cured with 2 doses 200 mg niacin….Niacin is now my BFF…same reaction as if I just took valuim but no drowsy and actual energy..Please Please Please read up on niacin if you have anxiety, depression or OCD…Will save your life.

Tired all the time…NOPE! So much energy!!

Awful cuticles and hang nails…mostly gone..still have bouts

Bizarre, painful eyelash follicle infections when wear eyeliner or eye makeup just on left eye…GONE

Frequent, Random urge to start crying my eyes out but period not due or even close….GONE

Dry feet…mostly gone but we can do better

Dry hands (just on the back) still there but slowly getting better

Lack of thirst…a little better but still wish I didn’t have to force myself to drink water or herbal tea…Just never thirsty..so strange…only drink tulsi (holy basil) tea now with a tiny bit of stevia.

random bad breath…GONE

Random episodes of hair thinning…GONE

Strong/strange smelling pee…GONE

Willpower/urge to fight bad habits…. 110%

Strange lingering sleep wrinkles in face…much better…hoping will disappear like chest wrinkles

Weight gain…NOPE…lost 15 lbs…I’m normally 5’7″ and 120 – 125…got up to 175 and so lethargic…28 days and now 160 and kicking ass..Walking everywhere like PUSHHHT..that was nothinn…

urge to do dishes and normal chores – RETURNED! House is no longer a disaster 🙂

Strange lumps in lower back and one in mid back…DECREASING..but very slowly…OUT OUT damn lumps!!

Dizzyness – GONE

Ringing in ears – mostly gone…still happens sometimes

Dark red ear wax, achy ears, itchy ears – 90% gone

Aching hip joints like old person…mostly gone but right hip still a bit stiff in certain positions

dry lips…this one still plagues me…still have such dry lips…want my lips back 🙁 hoping this symptom backs off soon…lips will just dry out and then i have the urge to pick and peel the skin off…over and over again…for now I just wear heavy lipgloss all the time and it keeps it ok feeling.

So, i found out that the ringing in ears, earwax and dizzy were mainly from dairy allergy…no dairy, no problem…the rest is candida but the diet is amazing for my body! Gonna stay on a version of it for life. I’m NEVER going back to feeling that way!!! EVER.

Ok…now that’s some progress…age 35, did feel 60, now feel 35! Headed for 20 🙂

Things I miss right now very badly…

Cheese
    bananas
    raisins
    coffee (decaf)

If anyone knows of a banana “flavor” that won’t poison me I’d love to try it.

Hope this story helps someone feel less alone and less crazy.

Things that make me feel better instantly if i start feeling sorry for myself:

Pay it forward – Go to that coffee shop you used to love and buy a large latte for whoever walks in next. Leave before anyone comes in and don’t peek. Imagine who it was and their reaction…this is fun for at least a day or 3. Yes, I’m living vicariously.

Indulge – Treat self to massage with money saved from lack of food I am now unable to eat at restaurants. Cha CHING!

Sleep in, take random day off for no reason. I work for myself so it’s a bit easier for me to do but I’m so glad I did when I feel a pouty face is immanent.

Make delicious food for friends or family. I know it sounds sadistic but its the vicarious thing again. Crave a food? Make SO much of it for someone. Smell all the goodness and work so hard to make it perfect get too tired to eat it when done…Works every time. Ever cooked thanksgiving dinner and then not wanted/been to tired to eat it? yea…works on regular dinner too.

ok…that’s it for now…chin up and keep rockin!

runmillerun
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

your post was adorable. i am near 35 too. Can’t even begin to tell you how much I can relate. I am 18-19 days in and so many issues I had are gone, gone, gone. Thanks for your post. Just a question can you tell me more about your diet. As in what are you eating now. I just wanted to compare. Thanks again!

stifoo

Ok…so it’s day 60 something…had to go back on Diflucan again…5 days on Nistatin and symptoms came RAGING back…I mean like I had just somehow PISSED it off. Now, same symptoms resurging coming off diflucan switching to Nystatin. Worst, most depressing symptoms that come back are: brain fog, exhaustion, heart palpitations, dry mouth, bad taste, dry eyes and ANXIETY OH MY GOD ANXIETY…

Found out I had been deficient in vitamins too that didn’t show up on blood tests. I’m thinking either dr’s don’t know how to read these things or the lab “standards” are written for a mouse. Again, the way I tell is to go off one vitamin at a time to see what comes back…here are my deficiencies and symptoms…(which is also indicative that your bowels aren’t making enough vitamins out of your food!)

Vitamin B Complex – Helps energy and significant reduction in small red bumps all over back of arms, legs and butt (non itchy)

Vitamin A – Hair grows back thick and shiny when on it, and all floaters in eyes disappear (another middle finger to doctors that say this is just what happens in your 30’s)

Niacin 1000 milligrams per day – helps with brain fog, anxiety and dropped all belly fat…cut back on Niacin, get belly fat, anxiety worsens and hard to think.

Magnesium 2400 milligrams(this is not normal but because of die-off need this much magnesium to go to bathroom normally)

Vitamin D, stops ringing in ears and I cant tell what else but im always chronically low in it so i’m staying on it. Plus, it takes forever to kick in again once I go off enough for symptoms to come back…now gotta deal with constant, light, high pitched, ringing ears for like a month or two!

So, clearly I had more research to do because i was NOT going to live like this while I pray that the antifunglas do a good job. It makes no sense to me to be on such a strict diet just to have symptoms resurge in DAYS. So, diet may help by not hurting but wont do it alone and antifungals clear but only temporarily. hmmmm something is still missing…give body right thing get right result…this is INCORRECT result….so this is incorrect thing. Now modifying diet on food at a time and adding LOTS of probiotics plus some other helpers 🙂

Dove into books on healing the gut. This is where I suspect these nasty little fungus are hiding and they had to come from an imbalance somewhere so why not the gut? Have all the symptoms for leaky gut, weird allergies that develop at 30 something, tired all the time, strange aches and joint pain, but NOT the classic ones like IBS or flatulence…

Thinking I like this idea of going more hard core on some diet items and less on others. Gonna use myself as guinea pig to figure it out. First, I’m ordering some threelac until I get my other probiotics from Dr Ohhira (reminds me of Star Trek for some reason) in…did a ton of research on correct strains and his look awesome, plus no need to refrigerate!

Then going to try (first) a juicing diet with some oils and foods to heal bowels, then, if no better will try no vegetables and mostly meat with same herbs etc…what ever i eat has to be VERY easy to digest to heal gut (I have read anyway)…All else fails I will go on tea and avocado diet for 3 weeks (plus regimen i am researching including digestive enzymes). I would just fast but I cant take that much time off work so, avocados for me 🙂

I’ll log back in next month or when someone writes for the next update…wish me luck…ugh

1 user thanked author for this post.

stifoo

runmillerun;52131 wrote: your post was adorable. i am near 35 too. Can’t even begin to tell you how much I can relate. I am 18-19 days in and so many issues I had are gone, gone, gone. Thanks for your post. Just a question can you tell me more about your diet. As in what are you eating now. I just wanted to compare. Thanks again!

Hey yeah..thanks! Well, No vinegar (except apple cider), no sugar (i use stevia in crushed leaf form cuz the other stuff tastes like nutri sweet. Im also growing it…yum!)and i mean NO SUGAR, no honey, no maple syrup, no cane juice no no no.

light on starches, no corn, no potato, no processed foods, all organic, no wheat, light on rice, no white rice no mushrooms no yeast no fermented food, no dairy, no caffiene.

Some of this makes no sense to me so im changing it up. Been on for 60 days and no drastic improvement from diet alone. I’m researching fermented foods because if I ferment in apple cider it should make good bacteria and food easier to digest. I’m also researching coffee and caffine, sounds fishy to me…coffee is not sugar and had lots of good things for you in it and if you are as tired as me sometimes you just need your brain to WORK. So, if not abusing it then have not found one concrete reason to not…like all else, will try it…if bad results i’ll stop..no biggie.

Also considering adding bananas back in because lack of potato makes me crave them for potassium and I get shakey as hell on no potassium…thinking i can eat fruit…as long as in moderation…fruit is SO good for you.

stifoo

Oh and forgot to mention lost total of 22 lbs now on the 60 day mark:)

runmillerun
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

stifoo… you totally crack me up when i read your posts. Reading others issues makes me want to press on. Its a constant and relentless battIe! Perhaps I can offer some advice because it seems we have a similar situation. I can relate so much to your posts! I reasearch and experiment in my past time.

Great on quitting smoking. Cigs are loaded with fungus.

I would NOT add bananas if you can help it. it is like miracle frow for the candida. There are other things you can get potassium from. i know this will help you because it helped me and you get a lot of potassium from it. drink 1 TBSP of apple cider vinegar (organic and not pasturized) “with the mother two times daily. cut it wih 6-8oz water.

Get the book “body ecology” by donna gates. She is so phenomonal. The book has really helped me!!!!! She focuses on the full and entire story– like the “missing piece” you had mentioned. There need to be particular steps taken. You are correct, diet alone will not work. She addresses this. Digestive enzymes help a lot. I take them before I eat anything. It helps. I have leaky gut as well and you are so correct when you say that it’s healing the gut. It took a long time to get this toxic, it will be a long battle to heal. Sucks but it is what it is. She also talks a ton about kefier and probiotic veggies… a ton about food combining which so many people don’t realize feeds the yeast too.Improper food combining makes gas and the yeast live off that too. If you have gas or bloating=yeast are being fed. Eating starch only with probiotic, fermented veggies or green vegetables (low starch vegs) only. eating 80 veggies and 20 % meat is highly suggested. Also eat meat with greens— no starch! Eat protein in the middle of your day and the safe grains (quinoa, amarth, oat bran?, millet at night/dinner) What also might help you is having a no sugar blended green with all kinds of things all under 1/2 tsp –clove, turmeric, pau d arco powder. THis is something I have done every morning for 3 weeks and it seems to be helping a ton. My rituals are the oregano oil (4 drops under tounge), apple cider vin. twice with water, coconut oil, pau d arco tea (drink this often throughout the day. It’s like you have to attack it from all angles, crooks and crannies.

I am taking yeast defense which helps too. It has a combo of all kinds or fungal fighters in it.

Juicing may help you because it is about healing the gut that is damaged and demineralized. I was always so constipated and just thought it was normal.

Explore old dude… Norman Walker– he is incredible and wrote so so so mnay small books on juicing and live to 117 years old. There is juicer he created called the NORWALK– get it norman walker.

I totally get how frustrating it is to be on such a strict diet and then with just a small slip up be screwed with all of the return of candida evil. But stay strong and journal everything you try. It is tedious but I know people that have had to heal themselves this way.

I hate to mention this but enemas every few days can help a lot and I am going to be trying the sauna 4-5 days a week soon. I know that helps a lot with the detox.

Well I must be going. Keep posting. Thanks for the reply and thanks for your tips. I will try the niacan. Did you get headaches by chance? Make sure you support your kidneys and liver in this whole process. Go slow and steady. It’s easy to get in a hurry as when you are feeling better you just want to feel better and better.

Good luck!

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Great post. Nice to hear that you are doing very well!
    Did you fix your candida in just 60 days? :p
    Thank you for the Niacin tip. I read the Andrew Cutler on amalgam illness, which mentions it for anxiety and depression. I should try this.
    Coffee can contain mold. It also drains the adrenals. But according to the enthusiasm of your post, you don’t seem to have problems with your adrenals.

So, you did supplements, the diet and diflucan and nystatin. Did you try something else? Natural antifungals?

It’s a very good idea to add probiotics. The lack of them might be the reason why your candida comes back so fast.
    Did you do a detox? It is possible that your body is too toxic to handle the candida.
    Also, protect your liver by taking milk thistle extract, molybdenum and dandelion root tea.

TheChosenOne
    Participant

runmillerun;52217 wrote: I would NOT add bananas if you can help it. it is like miracle frow for the candida. There are other things you can get potassium from. i know this will help you because it helped me and you get a lot of potassium from it. drink 1 TBSP of apple cider vinegar (organic and not pasturized) “with the mother two times daily. cut it wih 6-8oz water.

Be careful with ACV. It is anti-bacterial. Also be careful with potassium. It can lead to heart diseases if you supplement it to much.

runmillerun;52217 wrote: I am taking yeast defense which helps too. It has a combo of all kinds or fungal fighters in it.

It is important to change antifungals once and a while because candida can adapt to them. Taking a combo makes this process harder.

Vegan Catlady
    Replies: 626

What a super thread!

Great replies too.

I have friends that LIVE (for many years)on potatoes,oranges,and most of all bananas….they regularly show their blood tests to prove that potassium does NOT cause problems in the form of whole foods.
    They dont have candida or diabetes,either.
    You cant eat too many bananas.
    They are just not good if you have candida overgrowth 🙂

stifoo

runmillerun;52217 wrote: stifoo… you totally crack me up when i read your posts. Reading others issues makes me want to press on. Its a constant and relentless battIe! Perhaps I can offer some advice because it seems we have a similar situation. I can relate so much to your posts! I reasearch and experiment in my past time…

Hi, Thanks! Ok…I will read both books the one with Norman Walker…I’m not sure which to read or both. Here are the links I found on Amazon, suggestions?

Become Younger

I will also get the book “body ecology” by Donna Gates. I think this is the right one.

Ok ok No Bananas..I tried to add coffee with DISASTROUS results :/ noooooooooooooooo coffee for me.

I do use apple cider vinegar in moderation to make my own mayo and stuff. I have also used it in the past to help with reflux. I’m still researching it to combat yeast, though I know it helps create good bacteria 🙂

Kiefer is also something i am researching now and I am experimenting with Threelac I bought on Amazon. Very impressed with results…took away nasty taste in mouth that I’ve been fighting for months by brushing with salt and baking soda…UGGHHHHH

I’m totally down with enemas, just gotta get the stuff and, like anything else, experiment by only doing it while not introducing anything new, then taking it away. Mom has been doing it with stepdad…they lost SOOOO much weight and that plus juicing (Gerson Diet) rid my stepdad of his sleep apnea and chronic, debilitating asthma! SO I have seen it work, though it did take 6 months before all the weight came off and the apnea and asthma went away.

No, I don’t get headaches on Niacin…why do you? I would like to try sauna plus niacin like the Scientology reportedly do. Not int their ways but like some of the medical ideas.

I do keep hearing to eat fermented vegetables. My dr says to avoid all fermented food and I’m very conflicted about this. She says fermented foods feed yeast but everything else I read says they are amazing for building good gut health. I could use some extra help on this one…can you point me to more info?

Thanks!

stifoo

TheChosenOne;52218 wrote: Great post. Nice to hear that you are doing very well!
        Did you fix your candida in just 60 days? :p
        Thank you for the Niacin tip. I read the Andrew Cutler on amalgam illness, which mentions it for anxiety and depression. I should try this…

OMG I wish I cured it in 60 Days!! But alas..this seems to be just the beginning of my strange journey. Hopefully there is a princess I can save at the end…unless…..I. am. the. princess….err whatever.

Yes, Niacin really helped my anxiety. I would not say cured because the anxiety really is tied to my fungal load…did I just say that? FUNGAL LOAD…..LOLOLOLOLOLOL

ok…well, I mean when I get a flush of symptoms my anxiety gets worse no matter if I’m taking the nicain or not, but without the niacin it’s constant and very bad. Oh, and don’t believe the BS about flushes only lasting 10 minutes or that you flush the same no matter how much you take. Start SLOWLY. I took a 500 milligram by accident and I thought I was going to die for like 4 hours…I repeat, start slowly and build it up…unless you like the feeling of your eyeballs being pricked by a thousand needles and then exploding in a hot fire of burning while your intestines do a death dance around your cervix…if you have a cervix that is.

Yeah, on the probiotice. Threelac is working. Never had one work this fast…researching others…

Contrary to my enthusiasm I actually have a huge problem with my adrenals…If I stress out at all I can sleep for 3 days straight, and coffee often makes me deathly tired. It’s like someone squeezes all my “cope” juice out and I become a cantankerous, 85 year old hypochondriac with narcolepsy…not a good combo.

I’m 5 days off diflucan of 100 milligrams daily for 30 days and on Nystatin 3 times a day. Last time I did this I crashed so hard that I actually cried when I took my last diflucan pill and said good bye to my family in case the old me came back and I was out of commission for months. But the probiotics seem to be helping or easing the decent…but more likely helping.

After I finish 3 months on Nystatin I will switch to natural antifungal. Any reccommendations for research?

I was advised not to do a detox and to decolonize first. Can’t rememebr why. Been drinking 4+ cups a day of red clover tea to encourage light. continual detox anyway though. Will look into Milk thistle, molybdenum and dandelion root tea. Tried dandelion root tincure as a diruetic a while back with no effect. Maybe it’s better as a detoxifying agent?

Thanks!

stifoo

Vegan Catlady;52361 wrote: What a super thread!

Great replies too.

I have friends that LIVE (for many years)on potatoes,oranges,and most of all bananas….they regularly show their blood tests to prove that potassium does NOT cause problems in the form of whole foods.
        They dont have candida or diabetes,either.
        You cant eat too many bananas.
        They are just not good if you have candida overgrowth 🙂

Thanks! Totally agree about potassium in whole food form…or any vitamin for that matter.

TheChosenOne
        Participant

stifoo;52495 wrote: After I finish 3 months on Nystatin I will switch to natural antifungal. Any reccommendations for research?

Look up caprylic acid, oregano oil, red thyme (be careful, quite strong), brussels sprouts, extra virgin coconut oil. Especially the last one is really recommended, but also a bit more expensive.

stifoo;52495 wrote: Tried dandelion root tincure as a diruetic a while back with no effect. Maybe it’s better as a detoxifying agent?

Yes. But it is also used to improve digestion.

stifoo

Ok…thanks for all the replies. I’ll do another update since I’m here. On day 75 or so. Just cried when I took my last diflucan and kissed my husband an family goodbye incase I crashed again…then, to my amazement, here I am 5 days later and NO CRASH! 😀 What changed? I think it was the Threelac. I ordered it from Amazon after researching a particular strain that sounds like the bug that gives you strep throat. Within 4 doses I could taste food again and all bitter tongue was GONE! Can’t believe it really…still waiting for resurgence and keeping a wary eye on hope that it’s gone but after 5 continuous days of no bad taste I think maybe it worked 😀

So, a few other symptoms came back a bit but NOTHING like the last crash. Got a few floaters in eyes, lower back and right hip a little sore, still have constipation all the time and cramping after I eat sometimes but am able to pop awake in the morning instead of my usual death wish for all perky morning things and humans…especially humans. Pop awake about 7:30 am and start to get very tired around 7:30pm. good 12 hour day though so not bad.

I do get VERY cranky and brain foggy if I try to function past 8pm at night. It’s like a bad Disney adaptation of Cinderella. “Every night at the stroke of 8pm, the fairy godmother’s magical dust wears off and Fungerella POOFS into her old crone self full of curses and hatred for all living things.

I really get confused and overtired quickly. Last night I cried because I was cold and just wanted to get into bed but there were dog hairs on my blanket and all the blankets were in this mass confusion that made me feel hopeless in untangling them. So a quiet tear rolled down my cheek as I dutifully grabbed the sticky roller and got to work. Yes, i could have grabbed my husband but I was just too tired to walk back out and explain why I needed help again. Besides, my tired brain always decides that if he can’t figure out I need help at bedtime I will just be that angry marter and cry the dog hair off my OWN GODDAMN BLANKET THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

This always makes for a funny story the next day and is infinitely better than just saying F**k it and going to bed all dirty…so there are some pluses…

Weight is magically down to 150…nice

lips are still peeling every day in this bizarre ritual shedding…quite like a snake sheds I think…snake lips…but my face skin is OH so much better and body skin seems to be recovering nicely which is awesome.

I ATE BACON AND IT WAS WONDERFUL AND DELICIOUS.

I have recently discovered hemp milk and quinoa milk. DELICIOUS in tea. Great coffee replacement. Quinoa milk reminds me of pretzels…so like, pretzel tea but hemp milk is smooth and wonderful. I love coconut milk but it always tastes funny in tea…like its too watery or something and noes nothing to smooth out or mute the flavor but hemp milk is heavenly.

Made an awesome creation. !0 eggs, coconut flower, baking soda, zest of 2 lemons, one cup coconut oil, 1 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened), 3/4 cup lemon juice and 14 drops of stevia baked at 350 for 40 minutes made what i would consider the best most confusing bread cake I have ever eaten. Its not very sweet but the bit of stevia takes the edge off. Its crumbly like corn bread but a little more moist like that bread you make for strawberry shortcake. So I made backed chiken with onions and cooked down some frozen strawberries into a glaze that I poured on top. I thin crumbled the lemon cornbread stuff in a bowl and added strawberry onion chicken…PERFECTION. Strawberry shortcake chicken! MMMMMMMM I know it sounds gross but was so good…but not as good as bacon.

TheChosenOne
        Participant

stifoo;52499 wrote: I ATE BACON AND IT WAS WONDERFUL AND DELICIOUS.

Do not eat bacon! It is very hard on the liver and it takes a very long time to digest. During this time, ammonia is produced which benefits the candida.
        See raster’s safe food list for what you may eat and what not.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Stifoo's Story’ is closed to new replies.