stich/acid pain in side/abdomen— with pic (UPDATE)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions stich/acid pain in side/abdomen— with pic (UPDATE)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

Hey guys,

i occasionally suffer with this burning pain in my abdomen that feels like a cross between heartburn pain and a stitch, and because of the location i havent a clue what it is but sometimes it gets quite painfull and is alarming. when i get it i have it for a few days at a time then it just seems to go away.

i had it shortly after i found out i had candida and once i started my antifungals i didnt get it again. i finished my 6 week course of antifungals and decided to have a week of before i start another 6 weeks and the pain has come back !!!

any ideas would be great, ive uploaded a photo to save me trying to explain where it is.

BenjiRixon

Had a little look on on the net and I’m guessing 2 things really it’s either pancreas or just my stomach? But not sure if the candida can effect the pancreas like that? I’m getting a little worried now so do you guys think I should go to the docs which I don’t really wanna do coz they won’t even take the candida seriously and will probably prescribe me antibiotics or some thing.

Any thoughts/suggestions or ideas would be great please guys.

Ben

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Benji.

If there is debris clogging the liver and gallbladder then the bile can get into the pancreas irritating it which could cause inflammation and pain in the area. Have you done a liver cleanse or flush?

Pain on the left-side is not an uncommon effect of intestinal Candida. A problem with the spleen could cause pain in that area as well, and Candida can affect the spleen. How long have you had Candida?

Since it’s possible that it could be either your pancreas or spleen causing the pain for reasons other than Candida, perhaps seeing an internist wouldn’t be an altogether bad idea. If you see a good one, he or she shouldn’t suggest an antibiotic unless they are certain that it’s some type of infection. However, that being said, with abdominal pain located on the left or right side, a lot of doctors want to diagnose a muscle pull in the beginning, and take the standard wait-and-see attitude.

Please keep us posted as to what you decide to do as well as how you’re doing.
    Able

BenjiRixon

Hey Able, thanks for the reply,

I think I’ve had candida or started showing the signs of it for about 18 months max and when I was tested it came back only as a med/strong colonisation but had 2 strains of candida which my nutritionalist said was quite rare. My symptoms weren’t too bad compared to others, mainly very fatigued but abdominal pains such as this one and loose stools and headaches and that was about it.

I didn’t do the liver cleanse or flush or even the detox phase, I jumped in at the deep end with stage one diet and antifungals straight away, starting with 2 week course of fluczanol from the docs combined with natural antifungals and three lac and natural yogurt so you could imagine the die off I had for nearly 2 weeks but didn’t have the pain described.

After the 2 weeks I was feeling amazing and carried on for another 4 off antifungal combo taking up to 6 different ones a day plus probiotics, the only thing I did notice was I started to feel tired again during the days but noticed it was only after taking the antifungals all in one hit so decided to have a week off and that’s when the pain come back and has stuck with me the whole week.

I think what I’ll do is try the liver flush and take it from there, but I’m thinking it could be the bile irritating like you said because I notice that when I drink cold water I can feel it on that area also the same with hot water/tea as in like when you drink hot tea after you’ve had heartburn, it burns the lining a bit.

Thanks again Able!

Benji

Able900
    Spectator

Hi, Benji.

Thanks for responding with your intentions.

I think a liver flush is a good idea for a start. One thing, Benji, it sounds like you’re thinking the same thing I do; that the pain is stemming from your Candida infestation, and with at least two strains it sounds like you had or have a pretty bad case. Even a one-strain infestation is very difficult to cure, so please don’t think that the Candida infestation will be even close to a full cure in just a few months. Just because you start to feel better and less tired does not mean that the infestation is no longer in your system, and it can still take up to a year or longer to be completely rid of the entire infestation, even when you no longer feel any symptoms. I believe that toning down the number of antifungals but sticking with the probiotics might work better for you. Just two good antifungals will do as long as you are taking a fairly high count of probiotics. Are you taking any antifungals or probiotics at this time, and if so, what are the antifungals and the count and strain of your probiotic?

Thanks again.
    Able

BenjiRixon

Hey Able,

Yeah i think we were both thinking the same thing about the candida, as in thats whats causing the pain.

started anitfungals and diet and 3 lac and natural yougurt for 6 weeks, then had a week off antifungals but continued with diet and yogurt and kefir and the pain come back and stayed the whole week !

today ive started normal plan of antifungals (below) and pains gone today! !! crazy wierd.

my normal daily plan now consists of –

morning-
    2 x tablets of the nordic dida tablets (the ones i showed you before)
    4000 mgs garlic /goldenseal
    2000 mgs oregano oil /caprylic acid
    3 table spoons of aloe vera juice
    1000mgs echinacea
    1x sachet 3 lac

(i swap garlic and oregano every other week with caprylic acid and golden seal to help lower resistance)

midday
    1/2 big tub of natural yougurt
    1 sachet of three lac

night time before bed (to work as i sleep)
    2 x tablets of the nordic dida tablets
    4000 mgs garlic
    2000 mgs oregano oil
    3 table spoons of aloe vera juice
    1000mgs echinacea
    1x sachet 3 lac

1 x pint of homemade kefir before bed

so tone down antifungals and more probiotics you think?? and i didnt think a year to get rid of it !wow, a year of antifungals??

and would just like to say Thanks Able for all the help you give to everyone on here myself included, even tho you havent got candida any more ! A true gent for sure

Benji

BenjiRixon

I’m guessing I’m taking too many antifungals then? Maybe more probiotics? Not too sure on how high the strain count on homemade kefir is either. And aloe Vera juice makes me really really tired for some reason too.

BenjiRixon

Hey guys

Quick update on this incase a few of you have the same problem.

went to the docs last week and was told its the stomach lining causing the pain. Which leads to me believe that its the candida being the problem….. but wouldnt explain that when i stop the antifungals but continue diet it comes back… bit confused really

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to heal your stomach lining somehow. I am taking some digestive enzymes myself…you may want to consult a naturopathic doctor for best results and recommendations. My leaky gut has finally been more or less healed and I used to have horrible palpitations, bad gut feelings all the time. It’ll heal, but it takes time and right supplements.

BenjiRixon

cheers raster

i havent got leaky gut tho as i was tested for that. Thats also why im a bit miffed at the whole thing. Was also prescribed omoperazole but that makes no difference really. Definately lining tho as when i drink hot/cold fluids i can feel them pass the area see.

Able900
    Spectator

BenjiRixon wrote: Was also prescribed omoperazole but that makes no difference really.

Hi, Benji.

Omeprazole is one of the medicines often prescribed for GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) which you probably have because it’s one of the many problems which Candida contributes to.

The best thing to take for it is a high count and strain of a good probiotic plus Digestive Grape Bitters. The grape bitters should be taken after meals. What is the probiotic you are now taking?

Able

BenjiRixon

Hey able,

Good to speak to you again. The last 4 weeks I’ve had major problems with home/family and hit rock bottom. Haven’t been on the diet or antifungals and hit the beer pretty hard drinking most nights. I felt fine for first 2-3 weeks with no symptoms returning apart from the pain mentioned above but now other symptoms are slowly coming back.

Me and my partner are back together now and in the next week or two (when I can afford all the supplements) I’ll be ready to start all over again even tho I’ve completely wasted all my hard work from before.

The plan is to use oregano oil and coconut oil 1 week then garlic and maybe golden seal on week 2 and keep rotating them. Probiotics will be threelac 3 x a day with 2 pints of home made kefir a day. And as you suggested grape seed bitters. Will also be armed with coconut flour bread this time around so will really really help fight my hunger off and keep weight on. But my main concern is getting rid of this horrible stomach/rib pain which I know is my own fault, we live and learn tho hey.

Thanks again Able

Able900
    Spectator

Hello there, Benji.

Everything you’ve mentioned sounds fine …. that is other than the ThreeLac. I’m afraid this won’t have any long-lasting effect on the Candida, and possibly none at all on the GERD symptoms unless only a minimal amount. I’m afraid it’s just not enough strains or a large enough count.

To show you the huge difference between Threelac and a ‘strong’ probiotic:

Threelac contains 3 strains of beneficial bacteria.
    The one I recommend contains 14 strains.

Threelac contains a 1.5 million count.
    The one I recommend contains between 30 and 80 billion per capsule depending on which one you choose.

You can see why Threelac has no substantial effect on the Candida or GERD symptoms.

If you’ve not been taking probiotics at all, I recommend you start with the 30 billion count as these can cause strong die-off reactions. Taking one capsule a day for about a week, then moving up to two capsules, one morning and one at night on an empty stomach should work well.

Good luck to you, Benji

Able

BenjiRixon

Any particular brands/ones you would recommend as I really wanna get it right this time around. There’s so many ones that claim to have those sorta numbers on but are very cheap so I’m guessing they’re not the real deal. I don’t mind them being expensive as long as they are what they say they are see.

Thanks again for the advice and info able, your a huge help to a lot of people on here for which we are all very grateful !

Able900
    Spectator

Hi, Benji.

You’re right about the cost as far as the better probiotics are concerned. This one is refrigerated at the time of purchase, or at least it should be. The chain stores “Vitamin Shoppe” carry this as well as many independent health food stores.

The brand is Renew Life, Ultimate Flora, Critical Colon, Bifido Max, 30 Billion Probiotic 30 Veggie Caps. As I stated, I’d start with the lower count since you’ve not been on a probiotic for a while. After taking one capsule for about a week, then raising it to two capsules a day, following about ten days to two weeks of two capsules a day, you’ll run out of the 30-b count. When you run out of these you can purchase the 80 billion count capsules and start with one a day.
    I would suggest that, if you’re not already taking it, you start the Molybdenum a few days prior to beginning the probiotic as the high count usually causes die-off symptoms.

Good luck, Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘stich/acid pain in side/abdomen— with pic (UPDATE)’ is closed to new replies.