Stevia/Truvia and Symptoms

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Stevia/Truvia and Symptoms

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Cally
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 14

Hi again everyone!

I have now made it to day 8 of my diet, hoorah! Doesn’t seem very long, but I’m taking it day by day and seeing how I get on. I have made a symptoms and cheats log so that I can track my progress, and who knows if I get better it may help someone!

I have found the diet much easier now I have added in the buckwheat bread and coconut bread, I just don’t think my body can take the strictest part of the diet. Atleast these things are still allowed and I haven’t had to break my diet with non-allowed foods.

Anyway after day 12 I am looking forward to being able to experiment with some recipes and use some Stevia, however I can’t find it in any of the shops near to where I live and ideally would prefer not to order online. I have seen Truvia in the local supermarket, but wondered what everyone else thinks of this stuff? Is it OK to have or does it have too many added ingredients?

On another topic, I had a few questions about my symptoms. When people have started this diet do their symptoms start to go straight away and gradually fade as the diet goes on, or are there times when the symptoms have been going away but then seem to come back stronger? Even without having any cheat foods?

The reason I ask is becasue my symptoms had already gotten better over the first 3-4 days, but now they have gotten worse. The only thing I have done differently is added in the buckwheat and coconut bread (which I am hoping isn’t the reason). There are so many other factors that it could be, such as hormones changing, so I don’t want to stop eating the bread if it is not the issue. I’m just finding it hard to pinpoint what it is that effects me and what doesn’t, what is truly die-off and what is simply my symptoms returning due to stress issues and other factors. I’m guessing the only way to know is to continue to eat the bread and log my symptoms, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on this?

My main symptom is thrush, so this makes it very difficult to know my triggers because I don’t get instant symptoms from eating foods. Just need some guidance I guess!

Thanks

Cally

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Cally,

I personally wouldn’t get truvia because what you should be purchasing is 100% stevia with nothing extra. They add “natural flavors” and two other ingredients that are not necessary. I know that the UK bans stevia so finding 100% pure stevia might be impossible at the local stores. I would purchase online if you can’t get it.

I like sweetleaf stevia personally and it has no added ingredients.

Like I stated in another post, you can grow in in your garden, in a pot, etc. and just use the leaves if you wanted to. Most garden shops should sell it.

I personally experienced what you experienced and felt good but then bad. The reason this might occur (in my opinion) is that you gave your digestion a break but then candida started to die and started to tax your liver. The liver is the single greatest thing that affects how good you feel daily in my opinion.

The buckwheat and coconut bread also could be an allergen for you, so I would try a few days on and a few days off to see how much of a difference it makes. I personally noticed little difference and maybe more of a benefit from having the bread.

-raster

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Not a fan of truvia/eythritol. For me it caused low blood sugar/mild fatigue. Then after low blood sugar it can cause sugar cravings. The problem with a lot of sugar substitutes is that when your body senses something sweet it can lower your blood sugar in anticipation of receiving actual sugar/something converting to glucose. So when we take in 0 calorie sweetners there might be a possibility of lowering your blood sugar levels. Not to mention that some sugar alcohols can have a dehydrating effect.

James

Cally
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 14

Thanks both, I will have a look online and see what I can find.

Regarding the bread, I will see how my symptoms go, if they stay the same whilst still eating the bread I will cut it out for a few days to see what happens.

Will keep you updated!

Cally

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Cally, and congratulations on reaching day 8.

Cally;29581 wrote: Anyway after day 12 I am looking forward to being able to experiment with some recipes and use some Stevia, however I can’t find it in any of the shops near to where I live and ideally would prefer not to order online. I have seen Truvia in the local supermarket, but wondered what everyone else thinks of this stuff? Is it OK to have or does it have too many added ingredients?

Look at the ingredient list on the Truvia container; some of the ingredients listed can cause problems for some people. All I can say is that, if you refuse to order online, you’ll just have to test the Truvia product for reactions, and if you receive reactions, you should stop using it.

On another topic, I had a few questions about my symptoms. When people have started this diet do their symptoms start to go straight away and gradually fade as the diet goes on, or are there times when the symptoms have been going away but then seem to come back stronger? Even without having any cheat foods?

It may seem in the first few days that the symptoms are lessening, and then the die-off symptoms usually start which can make you feel much worse than before starting the treatment. What are you doing to keep the die-off symptoms under control?

If you made the bread according to the recipes on the forum, then that should not be the problem unless you’re allergic to an ingredient. To be safer, you might make a loaf with only the coconut flour and see if the symptoms are the same.

My main symptom is thrush, so this makes it very difficult to know my triggers because I don’t get instant symptoms from eating foods. Just need some guidance I guess!

Drinking homemade kefir and practicing the Oil Pulling Therapy will help your thrush.

Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stevia/Truvia and Symptoms’ is closed to new replies.