stevia reaction ?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions stevia reaction ?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jameskep 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

msmofish
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 96

Hi All
    I’ve been following the strict diet & protocol for 4 months now. I’ve had stevia a handful of times but not regularly as I’m not fond of the taste. I did have a total of 3 teeny scoops this wkd as I was feeling deprived & wanted something sweet. I ate it twice by mixing it into greek yogurt with cinnamon & cardamom – mock ice cream I suppose.

In any case, I had reactions to it. IBHS (itchy butt hole syndrome) & IVS (itchy vagina syndrome) – these are not technical terms mind you as I’m trying to make lite of this frustrating situation.

On a more serious, has anyone else had reactions to stevia ?
    If so what did you do ?

thanks
    Mo

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Ya Dr. Mcoombs doesn’t recommend it in his popular candida plan because it causes an immune response, your body thinks its sugar and produces mucuous which protects the candida.

The main thing I notice with it is it causes me to crave things after I eat it.

I would try out xylitol as an alternative.

There is also a few different forms of it…the liquid, the stronger powder extract, and the weaker extract with inulin. Additionally you can grow it in your garden and pick off the leaves and use the leaves instead.

-raster

msmofish

Thanks Raster !
    You’re super !!!
    Best
    Mo

Viva
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 7

I also react to stevia. If I haven’t had it for months, I get a rash on my forearms. I also get burning when I go to the bathroom. Such rotten luck for us, since it has the capacity to serve as a saving grace ingredient for baked goods.

I was just looking up chicory root and came across an inulin prebiotic that you can use as a sugar substitute. Have you ever heard of this? Just Like Sugar Baking Sweetener — 16 oz. Wondering if this would be another option for us–especially since it’s a prebiotic derived from the infamous chicory root.

Amazon sells it. http://www.amazon.com/Just-Like-Sugar-Baking-Sweetener/dp/B0046HJR3O/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1379451764&sr=8-12&keywords=chicory+root

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I seem to react to almost all of the “Safe” sweeteners. Stevia, Xylitol, Erititol, etc.
    Months ago I just said screw it, I don’t need any sweeters at all. I never liked the stevia taste but I do miss the Xylitol and Erythritol.

The drink Zevia (Stevia & Erythritol) tastes great but seemed to contribute to a UTI. Stevia gives me mild respiratory symptoms.

Good luck!

msmofish

Thanks for the replies & suggestion !

Good news for me is that I feel much better.
    I upped my probiotics & used coconut oil as a salve for my itchy nether regions & worked like a charm. No more yeast & itchiness !

thanks for your support
    Keep on keeping on !
    Best
    Mo

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Sweetners in general are not a good idea=cravings/lethargy/lowered insulin. Xylitol not recommended. Xylitol wreaked havoc on my gut and can have a negative affect with the adherence of good bacteria. ALL SWEETNERS CAN TOY WITH INSULIN LEVELS. Some recent research has been done on how aspartame is causing people to gain weight because of how the sweetener can cause lowered insulin levels which then causes cravings.

xylitol:
    http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1746703#i

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘stevia reaction ?’ is closed to new replies.