stevia / inulin fiber

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions stevia / inulin fiber

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

With the recent post about inulin does anyone know of a stevia without it? My stevia sweetleaf from iherb has inulin in it.

Thanks!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

inulin is just a fiber found in many vegetables. i think it’s fine to have some of it, the point of that post was to not take additional inulin only supplements.

hope4eva77

OK so my stevia is OK then so then its just a problem in access amounts like if I took it for constipation OK sounds good thanks

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

hope4eva77;38501 wrote: With the recent post about inulin does anyone know of a stevia without it? My stevia sweetleaf from iherb has inulin in it.

Thanks!

Use Truvia.

hope4eva77

truvia i thought that was one of the ones that contained dextrose/maltexdrin

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I generally wouldn’t worry about it because you don’t use a ton of it, right?

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant

hope4eva77;38563 wrote: truvia i thought that was one of the ones that contained dextrose/maltexdrin

Truvia doesn’t contain Dextrose neither Maltodextrin.

Jorge.

hope4eva77

not a ton no but i guess u could say alot since i use it in my coconut bread ,oat bran and tea all day !

truva has erythritol and natural flavors as well as stevia extract im weary of this stuff

alexalgebra

You can also start weaning yourself off of stevia a bit if you’re concerned. I was putting it in a lot of things and now I barely use it. If I do add it to anything, I use the green herb itself, not the extract (it’s not as sweet).

dvjorge
    Participant

hope4eva77;38581 wrote: not a ton no but i guess u could say alot since i use it in my coconut bread ,oat bran and tea all day !

truva has erythritol and natural flavors as well as stevia extract im weary of this stuff

Erythritol doesn’t feed yeast. The other Truvia ingredient is Stevia Leaf Extract. It is totally safe during an intestinal fungal overgrowth.

Jorge.

hope4eva77

Thanks I plan on getting a plant but it iz very cold here now and I was waiting 4 it to warm up

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I had been told that Erythritol was bad for yeast, as well as Xylitol…So much conflicting information..

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Kag, Avoid Xylitol–it affects the adherence of your good bacteria. It always slightly upset my gut and my wife’s gut(she has no health concerns)

Xylitol does have some anti-fungal activity(I’ve experienced this), but i think it does have anti-(good)bacterial activity as well. Thus making it counter productive.

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1746703#i

Erythritol- can toy with blood insulin causing cravings, any sweetener can have that affect. Sweeteners are not recommended for people that have blood insulin issues.

Many report side effects with Erythritol: (Erythritol is the main ingredient of Truvia)

http://side-effects.owndoc.com/truvia-side-effects.php

Sweeteners in general:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S019566630800411X

(When the body senses sweet it will lower insulin in preparation for glucose to be coming in. Low calorie sweeteners have no substantial glucose therefore tricking the body in thinking that there is a good amount of glucose coming into the body. So this causes the body to crave sugar/glucose to make up for the low insulin levels.)

I rarely do any kind of sweeteners any more because they seem to affect my insulin/cravings. Sweeteners make me lethargic, but some are more sensitive than others.

dvjorge
    Participant

Sugar Alcohols Don’t feed candida.

It is hard to find a sweetener with low or not incidence during an intestinal fungal infection.

Truvia is one of the few that is safe. I have used it without any side effect. In fact, it is most of the time sold out in the supermarket I buy it. So, I assume there are many people consuming it.

Anyway, Truvia is safer than other brands that mix Stevia with Inulin. Inulin is a growing factor for yeast but sugar alcohols no.

In fact, Xylitol and Erythritol enhance the fungicidal activity of some antifungal compounds against candida albicans.

Jorge.

The enhancement effect of three sugar alcohols on the fungicidal effect of benzethonium chloride toward Candida albicans.
    Ichikawa T, Yano Y, Fujita Y, Kashiwabara T, Nagao K.
    Source
    Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Prosthodontics and Implantology, The University of Tokushima, Institute of Health Biosciences, 3-18-15 Kuramoto, Tokushima 770-8504, Japan. [email protected]
    Abstract
    OBJECTIVE:
    The purpose of this study was to evaluate if the sugar alcohols erythritol, xylitol and sorbitol enhance the fungicidal effect of benzethonium chloride (BTC) toward in vitro candidal biofilms.
    METHODS:
    An in vitroCandida albicans biofilm was formed on a plastic coverslip coated with type I collagen. The enhancement of the fungicidal effect was evaluated using microbial assay after treating the biofilm with the test solutions (sugar alcohols: erythritol, xylitol, and sorbitol, each containing BTC solution).
    RESULTS:
    No fungicidal effect was observed with sugar alcohols without BTC. The fungicidal effect of erythritol-containing BTC increased with the erythritol concentration. Further, the level of enhancement of erythritol was the highest in three sugar alcohols.
    CONCLUSION:
    Sugar alcohols, especially erythritol, enhanced the fungicidal effect of BTC toward in vitro candidal biofilms.

Jorge.

alexalgebra

I guess at this point, with all of this conflicting information, it feels like…why bother risking any of it? It’s not hard to avoid sugar alcohols OR stevia and you get used to things unsweetened pretty quickly.

Also, Jorge, just because something is sold out doesn’t mean anything about it’s quality or health benefits…did you see what happened when Twinkies went out of production??!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘stevia / inulin fiber’ is closed to new replies.