stevia causing symptoms?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions stevia causing symptoms?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  hope4eva77 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

I have recently read sum threads about stevia eitheir causing symptoms or people staying away from it. I put it in everything I mean always my bread and drink it in tea all day. I’m to new in treatment to see if its bothering me but just would like to hear more about if its a problem. I certainly couldn’t live without it at this point .

hope4eva77

I have been using stevia in the raw with just the plant as ingredient

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hope, if the label shows no other ingredients other than Stevia, then there is nothing there to cause Candida symptoms. Several of us used it throughout our treatment, and in my case I can say that it did not hinder the treatment or slow my progress at all. I still use it today, every day in fact.

Able

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I think that one person thought that they thought it made them crave sweets more, I guess because it tasted sweet. But if it doesn’t increase your cravings then I think should be able to use it no problem.

hope4eva77

I’m sorry guys I messd up looking at these ingredients closer there is maletexdrin and dextrose in stevia in the raw! Dark green bag has maltexdtrin & dark green packets have the dextrose damn!

This makes me mad I have not seen anything else in stores where can I get just reg stevia plant? What’s in your stevia?

Stevia in the raw has eitheir maltexdrin or dextrose plus stevia extract this is all that’s in the stores I been using alot of it! !

hope4eva77

Bumping this y’all. I need stevia right now I’m having a very hard time following strict diet. I’m scared the dextrose and maltexdrin will slow my progress. Maybe I should ease off it a bit. If anyone has a stevia that is just the plant or is using reg stevia with no problems I’d love to hear about it.

Able what stevia are u using? I can’t find one without those 2 ingredients. I just want the stevia plant LOL!

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

you bumped it from 3 down?

Your stevia has crap in it that you shouldn’t be eating, you stated that yourself.

I looked at 3 stevias on iherb.com
    and none of them have anything but stevia.

http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=stevia&x=0&y=0#none

Stevia is a plant that you can grow at home if your worried about added crap.

hope4eva77

Thanks for the link I seen one around same price as the one I been buying but not sure bout shipping. I hadent lookd online yet just around local stores.

I had no idea I can grow at home I’m down to do that I been waiting 4 spring 2 do my garden I can certainly look for a stevia plant also sounds so much cheaper 2 .

Has anyone grown their own?

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I have two very brown thumbs, but I know someone that doesn’t. She gave me some dried stevia from her garden and it’s awesome. I rarely use it, but I sprinkle it in my “muffins”.

If you start to taper off the stevia, you’ll quickly find that you don’t miss it and things taste sweet naturally.

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

I use Sweetleaf brand..no crap in it

hope4eva77

yeah the sweetleaf brand is the one on iherb that dosent seem to expensive but dont know bout shipping .

Alex i cant grow anything for crap either but hubby can im gonna ask him if he can help me maybe get sum started this spring .

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

The organic stevia from Trader Joe’s is additive-free, and it seems really concentrated (it comes with a tiny scoop).

hope4eva77

Thanks shayfo I don’t have trader Joe’s though I have no groceries stores that carry it but I’m gonna grow sum 4 sure this spring!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am sorry to hear you bought stevia with maltodextrin and other ingredients. Half of the stuff out there is junk and the other half is good. I personally use brands called steviva and sweet leaf.

You can also grow it in your garden!

-raster

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

I was just looking for where to get a stivia plant when I ran across this on Livestrong:

In addition, though stevia does contain compounds that improve insulin function and lower blood sugar, inappropriate use of stevia can lower blood sugar too far. The resulting hypoglycemia can be dangerous and can also cause reflexive overeating.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/99571-dangers-stevia-raw/#ixzz2Kmz31VxE

This really has me thinking because lately I’ve had hypoglycemic symptoms. Don’t think my usage would qualify for “inappropriate” but I think I’ll back off the stivia and see if that helps!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘stevia causing symptoms?’ is closed to new replies.