Stevia

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  healinglight 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

gorillita
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I’m a little confused. I am so happy to have found this forum and all the great recipes. But many use Stevia, and I thought that wasn’t allowed? Please clarify. Thanks!

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Stevia is generally seen as a safe sweetener, as long as it doesn’t have any nasty additives or fillers (inulin is fine). If you’re looking for something sweet it’s your best option for the moment.
    It is completely your choice though and will depend entirely on whether you react to it. I have generally avoided stevia, having used it only a few times so far as it is expensive and hard to come by in England. There are many delicious recipes which don’t call for it.

Jo

gorillita

Thanks, Jo.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I’ve not read anything that makes me worry about stevia, some say it can create the brain to produce insulin due to the sweet sensation, but I wasn’t convinced by the article & i’ve been using it for over a year & i’ve not noticed any downsides in regards to fat storage.

I’ve even read things saying it beneficial for the adrenal glands.

gorillita

Thanks, Benc.

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

jo2212 wrote: Stevia is generally seen as a safe sweetener, as long as it doesn’t have any nasty additives or fillers (inulin is fine).

Jo

I have found stevia with Glycerin in other ingredients. Is this safe on Anti-candida diet?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Dr. Mcoombs stated in one of his radio shows that the only thing to worry about with stevia is the immune response the body has when eaten. This typically comes with symptom of mucous production which protects candida. You need to reduce the amount mucous the body produces so you can kill the candida.

Stevia’s ingredients should include nothing but raw stevia and inulin. Anything that contains glycerin, maltodextrin, etc. isn’t high quality and could set back your treatment potentially.

-raster

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

Thanx Raster! Will keep in mind.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stevia’ is closed to new replies.