Starving!! Snack ideas??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Starving!! Snack ideas??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Candida Man
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

I started the diet 5 days ago. Only carbs come from brown rice. Eating alot of Broccoli and salads and “light” yogurt. Any suggestions about an acceptable snack in between meals. it kills me not to be able to just grab a handful of pretzels or crackers. I am starving but am committed to stick with this. I was on 2 antibiotics back to back for a sinus infection and haven’t been right since. I am new to forums so please excuse my ignorance as to… Well everything.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

First of all, I recommend viewing this post:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst944_About-that-Hunger.aspx

What kind of yogurt are you eating?

Rice has small amounts of gluten and it might best be saved for phase 2 of the diet; buckwheat is a very good alternative and contains no gluten. Same taste almost!

I recommend checking out chicken sausage (no bad ingredients, don’t get pre-packaged kind), greek yogurt, and maybe saving the rice for rice cakes. I really like rice cakes and almond butter, however I wasn’t able to handle almond butter until phase 2 of the diet (4 months for me).

Also, check out the recipes portion of the forum for ideas; I really like the pumpkin muffin bread and the coconut bread. You can make a lemon coconut bread that is more desert like if you wanted.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_topics6_Candida-Recipes.aspx

Some people like kale chips and kale fries. I haven’t tried those yet.

Hope this helps!

Candida Man
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

Thanks for the quick reply. I picked up some plain brown rice cakes today and they aren’t too bad. I was eating Activa yogurt but I looked at the label and it has 17 grams of sugar. I found one that has only 11 grams and I am gonna try that. I have to eat that brown rice It’s the only thing keeping me sane. I weigh 205 now. I am 6 foot 1 and lift weights, i like being at around 200 lbs any less than 190 and i start looking too skinny. I may have jumped into this too fast. I am taking grape fruit extract, acidophilus, and AZO yeast pills. I also started 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar once a day with water and 2 three lac packets a day. Too much too soon?I am not worried about die off symptoms, I just wanna get better. Wow i have been rattling off here. Thanks again, any advice is greatly appreciated!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Like I said; the greek yogurt contains the least amount of sugar. Keep your sugar intake to below 25g a day. Consider quitting the rice and moving onto buckwheat. Eat as much veggies as you can also.

As far as the weight loss; it is very common on the candida diet. Your body has a ton of extra weight from sugars, grains, and other bad foods; the candida diet will normalize your weight level.

I am 6ft and weigh 130 pounds now. I weighed 150 when I started the diet.

You might want to stop the yeast pills and get a good probiotic and some undeceonic acid; this may help you recover more quickly. Threelac works but isn’t the best product. Maybe get the probiotic 2 weeks into the diet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Starving!! Snack ideas??’ is closed to new replies.