Starved off my Candida in 4 days by this method

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Starved off my Candida in 4 days by this method

This topic contains 51 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

CandidaDefined wrote: Fruit cleanse? Is that a different method? I’ve been following thecandidadiet cleanse, then strict diet very closely. I thought it was important to stay away from fruit, because of the natural sugar?

Also, you said that Melatonin can have long term issues? I take a melatonin every night before bed. I thought it was all natural and the best thing to help me fall asleep.

This diet is so confusing. Some people say one thing others say another. Is there a way to see if the candida is going away (however slowly)? Something to give me some faith that all my hard work is paying off?

Supplementing any hormone can have a destabilising effect. The endocrine system runs on a complex series of feedback loops, and influencing one of these loops, e.g. by adding melatonin, inevitably influences the rest. If your body needs it, the influence could be positive, but it can get quite complicated and I don’t know about melatonin specifically. The fact you need it shows there’s an imbalance somewhere, so you might want to research it from the endocrine angle. Imbalances elsewhere, like low thyroid, high (o)estrogen, high/low cortisol can set the stage for infection, and could either be a causal factor in your candida problem or something that’s preventing you from overcoming it.

As for fruit cleanses, I don’t think that’s going to do anything to help, especially if you have blood sugar control issues, which is again influenced by hormones. It’s hard to recommend anything without a full picture of your health, not that I’m qualified to do that anyway. Start on the diet and see how you react, and continue analysing your overall health and researching the underlying factors. The diet and supplements should be able to relieve your symptoms in the meantime at least, and if there are no other health factors involved, maybe even lead to a cure.

CandidaDefined
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 29

Thank you so much for your reply. I’ve been following The Candida Diet pretty closely. The only time I’ve cheated was really unknowingly. I didn’t realize you couldn’t have tomatoes on the cleanse. Are tomatoes a huge issue? I honestly don’t think I could do another two week cleanse with out them. It was so hard for me. I’ve been limiting tomatoes as much as I can, but they just make everything so much better. I used to eat a snack bag of small tomatoes as my afternoon snack. I also used to eat fruit yogurt and/or pineapple every morning.

I’ve been diagnosed with thryoid and adrenal fatigue syndrome. I am taking throid medication and also a Vitamin D supplement at night… but the Melatonin puts me out in about 30 minutes. I think it’s many things but definitely years and years of staying up late for various reasons is a main part of my issue. For the last two years I’ve had a day job and it’s really been an adjustment.

Javizy wrote:

Fruit cleanse? Is that a different method? I’ve been following thecandidadiet cleanse, then strict diet very closely. I thought it was important to stay away from fruit, because of the natural sugar?

Also, you said that Melatonin can have long term issues? I take a melatonin every night before bed. I thought it was all natural and the best thing to help me fall asleep.

Chicory Root Coffee is on the list. Do you know if this means that I can have just Chicory Root or if I can have the coffee blends? It’s been pretty hard for me to find this stuff… none of my local organic or healthy stores carry it. Most of the stuff I see for online vendors are a blend.. How many cups per week could I have. I don’t really drink coffee, but all the benefits from the Chicory are too good, not to try it. I like the idea of coffee, but never drank it because of the caffeine. I definitely am not a person that needs any caffeine. 🙂

Thanks again for all your help. It’s so nice to know that other people are going through the same thing.

Stephanie

This diet is so confusing. Some people say one thing others say another. Is there a way to see if the candida is going away (however slowly)? Something to give me some faith that all my hard work is paying off?

Supplementing any hormone can have a destabilising effect. The endocrine system runs on a complex series of feedback loops, and influencing one of these loops, e.g. by adding melatonin, inevitably influences the rest. If your body needs it, the influence could be positive, but it can get quite complicated and I don’t know about melatonin specifically. The fact you need it shows there’s an imbalance somewhere, so you might want to research it from the endocrine angle. Imbalances elsewhere, like low thyroid, high (o)estrogen, high/low cortisol can set the stage for infection, and could either be a causal factor in your candida problem or something that’s preventing you from overcoming it.

As for fruit cleanses, I don’t think that’s going to do anything to help, especially if you have blood sugar control issues, which is again influenced by hormones. It’s hard to recommend anything without a full picture of your health, not that I’m qualified to do that anyway. Start on the diet and see how you react, and continue analysing your overall health and researching the underlying factors. The diet and supplements should be able to relieve your symptoms in the meantime at least, and if there are no other health factors involved, maybe even lead to a cure.

Javizy

CandidaDefined wrote: Thank you so much for your reply. I’ve been following The Candida Diet pretty closely. The only time I’ve cheated was really unknowingly. I didn’t realize you couldn’t have tomatoes on the cleanse. Are tomatoes a huge issue? I honestly don’t think I could do another two week cleanse with out them. It was so hard for me. I’ve been limiting tomatoes as much as I can, but they just make everything so much better. I used to eat a snack bag of small tomatoes as my afternoon snack. I also used to eat fruit yogurt and/or pineapple every morning.

I’ve been diagnosed with thryoid and adrenal fatigue syndrome. I am taking throid medication and also a Vitamin D supplement at night… but the Melatonin puts me out in about 30 minutes. I think it’s many things but definitely years and years of staying up late for various reasons is a main part of my issue. For the last two years I’ve had a day job and it’s really been an adjustment.

Did you work night shifts or shift work before? Shift work has been shown to cause hypothyroidism. Circadian rhythm is also essential to proper cortisol and melatonin levels. Cortisol should be high in the morning and gradually decline, when at night time melatonin begins to rise. It’s impossible to maintain this cycle when you don’t sleep at regular times. I’d consider a set “bed time” and waking time as part of your treatment. Try to expose yourself to sunlight as soon as you wake up by going in the garden or something. Your retinas are like light sensors that guide your hormones.

Adrenal fatigue is pretty controversial. Who diagnosed you with it? It’s a fair description of the problem when you’re low on cortisol, but I think “fatigue” can be misleading, because your adrenal glands aren’t necessarily “worn out”; they may just be low on the tools they need to do their job, or things may be interfering further up the hormonal chain. If the diagnosis means you’re attempting to “repair” or “support” the glands rather than investigate potential underlying issues, I think the controversy around it is warranted. Me and Latka were just touching on AF in this thread. It’s a bit wordy, but you might find the diagram interesting.

When did you start developing issues with yeast infections? Like I mentioned, thyroid and cortisol imbalances can weaken immunity, and it’s interesting you happen to suffer from both issues. If yeast infections were incident to those problems, I’d consider them a symptom, and not something you should focus on. Changing your diet and taking anti-fungals and probiotics will be therapeutic, but it’s likely you’ll be able to overcome them by rebalancing your hormones, which may require a slightly different approach to eating.

Tomatoes aren’t part of the suggested diet because they contain sugar, but it’s a relatively small amount and I doubt it would cause problems like starches can due to digestibility, and they are a good source of prebiotics. It would probably depend on how much you eat and any reaction you may have to them, but strictly speaking, you might want to avoid them for a while so you can judge their effects better when reintroducing.

CandidaDefined

I’ve always been a night person. For years I worked as a waitress or bartender basically working all hours (some times grave and etc) For the last 2.5 years I’ve been going to bed and waking up pretty consistently, but I still have trouble.

For five years I worked from home and for a majority of that time, I slept when I was tired and ate when I was hungry (small meals) and I found that usually I slept the best between 5am and 1pm. Obviously that sleep schedule doesn’t work well with the outside world. I’m doing a lot better. Usually in bed by 11pm and asleep by 12am, but I feel like that is mostly due to taking the melatonin and Vitamin D about 30 minutes to an hour before I fall asleep.

It was actually my Gynecologist that tested me and found that I had the Adrenal Fatigue. I think she found it by blood testing me. It’s been at least a year since I was diagnosed with that and I’m off the natural Adrenal pills she had prescribed, but still take the Vitamin D at night. She also ultimately found that I had Candida in my stomach. She had me submit a 3 day stool sample. This was also about a year ago, and I’ve been trying to get rid of the candida ever since. My biggest issues are with the bloating and stomach pain. At one point I was so bloated or swollen it looked as though I were pregnant. I work out pretty hard core a few times a week, and stay pretty active in my daily life. It was so frustrating doing all the work and still not seeing any results. It wasn’t until I started the cleanse… Within in a week I had lost 15 lbs and besides the die off symptoms (I hope that’s what they are at least) I do feel better. If nothing else my body looks better.

I’ve had about 4 colonics, but now I’m having a lot of constipation. I’ve read the examples given for how to treat it, so I’m going to be trying some of those. I’ve also canceled my colonic for this week. See if I can get myself back on track regularly.

stephaniesherie
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

CandidaDefined wrote:
    It was actually my Gynecologist that tested me and found that I had the Adrenal Fatigue. I think she found it by blood testing me. It’s been at least a year since I was diagnosed with that and I’m off the natural Adrenal pills she had prescribed, but still take the Vitamin D at night. She also ultimately found that I had Candida in my stomach.

Your story sounds a lot like mine.

I was diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue in April. She also just took me off the Adrenal support. However, a food sensitivities test showed moderate reaction to Candida. This was ironic because before the results came in, I was telling her I thought I was trying to get a yeast infection!!!

So, she has me on some natural things to kill the yeast and build up my good bacteria. I also have to stay off sugar.

Javizy

Are they allowed to do that? I mean, are gynaecologists qualified to treat endocrine disorders? They’re not allowed to prescribe hydrocortisone are they? Diagnosing people with fake diseases that distract them from the real causes behind their symptoms is one thing, but prescribing band-aid drugs with unjustifiable side-effects would be another.

CandidaDefined

Hi Stephanie,
    Are you doing the Candida Diet? It’s pretty hard, but I feel a lot better. I started on July 7th, so I’ve almost finished 4 full weeks. I’m really sad to give up all alcohol, but hopefully the sooner I get going the sooner I get start introducing stuff back in to my diet.

stephaniesherie wrote:

It was actually my Gynecologist that tested me and found that I had the Adrenal Fatigue. I think she found it by blood testing me. It’s been at least a year since I was diagnosed with that and I’m off the natural Adrenal pills she had prescribed, but still take the Vitamin D at night. She also ultimately found that I had Candida in my stomach.

Your story sounds a lot like mine.

I was diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue in April. She also just took me off the Adrenal support. However, a food sensitivities test showed moderate reaction to Candida. This was ironic because before the results came in, I was telling her I thought I was trying to get a yeast infection!!!

So, she has me on some natural things to kill the yeast and build up my good bacteria. I also have to stay off sugar.

CandidaDefined

I’ll be honest. I have no idea what doctors are allowed to do. I think mostly it’s a giant scam. To me it seems like doctors have no intention of fixing or getting you better… just pushing the problem until you need more care.

One of the reasons I think I’m in this mess is for several years I had a family doctor that was just prescribing me antibiotics for everything. There’s no reason I should have been taking the Zpac and etc several times a year. Insanity. More recently I went to a quick care and specifically told the doctor that I did not want antibiotics unless they were absolutely necessary. I had a common cold and she immediately told me she understood and in the next sentence said I had to have antibiotics. Of course I did not take them or return. People don’t need antibiotics… sometimes you just need to get some rest and wait it out.

The gynecologist is one of the only doctors that seems to be actually trying to help me to get better and do it the right way. She uses a natural pharmacy when she can, and listens to what I’m telling her and believes me when I say things. I’m so tired of doctors assuming I’m lying because “Everyone lies to their doctor”

I honestly have no idea who’s feeding me what, but unfortunately I don’t have a lot of money and only moderately good insurance… I’ve spent the last two years flailing about having absolutely no idea what to do. Now that I have at least some direction.. I feel like I need to see it through and hope for the best. There’s tons of people that feel like Candida isn’t a real thing. And another bunch that seem to take advantage of the lack of knowledge about it. It’s all incredibly confusing and a little bit scary. I mean who knows if I’m screwing myself up worse or at the least doing all of this for nothing.

She never prescribed me hydrocortisone, so I’m not sure. I’m not even sure I fully understand endocrine disorders. In fact I’m positive that I don’t. But, if I was so inclined to go after some shady doctors, she would not even make the list. I just want to feel normal. I mean I can not tell you how much better I feel after them diagnosing and addressing my Thyroid issue. It’s like night and day.

Javizy wrote: Are they allowed to do that? I mean, are gynaecologists qualified to treat endocrine disorders? They’re not allowed to prescribe hydrocortisone are they? Diagnosing people with fake diseases that distract them from the real causes behind their symptoms is one thing, but prescribing band-aid drugs with unjustifiable side-effects would be another.

Javizy

Wow, that’s terrible. There’s a poster in my doctor’s surgery saying something like “Flu is a virus – antibiotics don’t kill viruses!” I guess a lot of patients assume they need them and insist on being given them. Doctors should be blamed for that, because the 8 words on that poster is all it takes to solve the problem. Pushing them on patients who don’t ask is just reprehensible. They’d readily snark at homoeopaths and the like for being pseudoscientists, but what they’re doing is just as unscientific and has far greater risks. I’ve seen a lot of articles recently criticising alternative medicine, but mainstream medicine has just as many flaws that never get pointed out.

I didn’t know about your history with antibiotics. Clearly you need to focus on your gut flora as much as your hormonal issues. I hope you can find all the answers you need and are doing well on the diet. Turning around such a wide range of issues takes a lot of time and determination, but be positive you’re past being pushed antibiotics and might be on the trail of good health!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I just want to pop in and say that melatonin does have negative side effects and should not be taken long term. It should only be taken short term for periodic sleeping problems. It becomes ineffective when taken long term and you need more and more of it for the same effect. Additionally, it also cause negative problems with women’s breasts…my naturopath stated that he never prescribes melatonin because of these reasons.

A much better alternative is PS-100 (Phosphatidylserine) which has no negative side effects. Its a brain chemical that replenishes the inner neural membrane; it enhances brain activity, memory, and whole host of other things. I highly recommend it as an alternative. I recommend getting the integrative thereaputics or pure encapsulations brand.

As far as fruit fasting, it is something that I never heard of, but supposedly it works. I have no idea why strawberries would work for this; they typically contain high amounts of mold and go bad very quickly.

I used to live an alternative lifestyle when I was out of work. I would go to sleep 2-3am everyday and wake up 11-1pm for about 2 years. It definitely contributed to me becoming unhealthy and highly recommend a normal schedule if possible (10pm-6am). I’ve noticed that the more in tune you are with natural daily earth cycles (sun rising and falling), the better you feel.

-raster

CandidaDefined

I appreciate both of you so much. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my flurry of questions. 🙂 I totally agree about the antibiotics. I think if I went into a Dr office and saw that poster, it would immediately make me a feel a lot more comfortable. I know patients don’t want to go in and pay for a dr visit and leave empty handed… but honestly if any doctor had explained the situation to me. I would have gladly refused antibiotics. I mean they’d be better off giving people placebo pills or skittles. lol

I will definitely look for that alternative sleep aid. The last few days I’ve been wondering if it’s just out of habit… but I’ve been trying to go to bed without it and I just lay there… Once I take the melatonin I’m asleep in 30 minutes.

Javizy

Eating some carbs in the evening might be helpful too. If your liver has enough glycogen (stored sugar), your body won’t need to produce stress hormones to create sugar. Many people on “paleo” diets moan of sleep troubles, since they don’t eat many carbs at all and often work out, so it’s likely they have little glycogen available. Another supplement I’ve heard helps for sleep and anxiety is taurine. I’ve never looked it up though.

CandidaDefined

Is there a specific reason the two brands you recommended are significantly more expensive?
    I had a difficult time finding those brands. Is there a certain site that you prefer?

raster wrote:

A much better alternative is PS-100 (Phosphatidylserine) which has no negative side effects. Its a brain chemical that replenishes the inner neural membrane; it enhances brain activity, memory, and whole host of other things. I highly recommend it as an alternative. I recommend getting the integrative thereaputics or pure encapsulations brand.

-raster

CandidaDefined

I’ve snacking on almonds or sunflower seeds throughout out the day. Specifically almonds a few hours before I work out, and the seeds a few hrs before bed. Also, I’m trying to eat veggies. My difficulty is that I kind of over dosed on them during the cleanse. I’ve been making a lot of stews and etc to sneak the veggies in, but I’m just over raw veggies. I wish I could have chickpeas (because I love it) and I could make a yummy dip. I was thinking maybe Raita would be a good probiotic veggie dip.

Doesn’t Taurine give you energy? I only remember it from being in a Vitamin Water. I think it was also in Red Bull, but not sure as I’ve never had that. I avoid energy drinks.

Javizy wrote: Eating some carbs in the evening might be helpful too. If your liver has enough glycogen (stored sugar), your body won’t need to produce stress hormones to create sugar. Many people on “paleo” diets moan of sleep troubles, since they don’t eat many carbs at all and often work out, so it’s likely they have little glycogen available. Another supplement I’ve heard helps for sleep and anxiety is taurine. I’ve never looked it up though.

420biker
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 38

The fruit fast is continuing to work awesome for me.. no more candida, i am now able to drink coffee and eat potatoes and even a bit of sugar with no reactions at all. As soon as i stop the morning fruit routine the candida slowly starts to come back a little bit.. fruit is the only thing that works for me, but i wasnt able to eat fruit until i was 90% better though so keep that in mind. I usually need to take melotonin every night but i have been sleeping well without it.

As for adrenal exaustion, i can testify that it is total bullshit… adrenal exaustion does not exist, do not believe their lies. If this truly was an illness, wouldnt there be scientific proof of it? Well there isnt any… all there is, is this theory that some idiot came up with that your body has an adrenaline imbalance or whatever.

I paid $300 a month for 6 months for licorice root, siberian ginseng, vitamins, minerals, adrenal support.. food allergy testing, the whole 9 yards. After 6 months i didnt notice any improvement at all in the so-called adrenal exaustion, so i did some research… i have found that many people doing the same treatment as me for up to 8 years had also noticed no improvements in symptoms either…. coincidence? i think not. The way that i was tested was with a saliva test… it indicated that i had stage 3, the worst level of adrenal exaustion.

My treatment also included going to bed at 10, getting as much sleep as possible, to avoid caffiene, to avoid foods that im allergic to, and to avoid anxiety at all costs.

So anyway my candida is better now… i stopped taking all the vitamins and everything, and started drinking coffee again, started eating foods im allergic to once in a while too without any bad results. My energy couldnt be better, im sleeping very well, and i wake up full of energy… the only thing that was really holding me back was candida… i used to wake up so tired and i couldnt never really wake up. Still use marijuana for sleep but ive always needed it… one more thing that shows that adrenal exaustion is bull is that smoking weed is supposed to make it worse, but it doesnt matter how much i smoke it doesnt effect my energy the next day.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Starved off my Candida in 4 days by this method’ is closed to new replies.