Starting the Cleanse tomorrow… a few questions.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Starting the Cleanse tomorrow… a few questions.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

I am starting the cleanse that is on the actual website. I was able to take time off. so I have a few questions…

1. If I get inflammed during the cleanse, can I use the pantethine to stimulate cortisol?

2. I am already taking the molybdenum. Can I take the molybdenum and the pantethine together?

3. Am I supposed to take the swedish bitters during the cleanse and on the diet?

4. I started eating only veggies today, and I am starting the cleanse (option 1 on the website) tomorrow. I was craving coconut oile for some reason, and I ate about 4 or 5 heaping teaspoons. About 2 hours later I started feeling very nauseous and achey. THEN I read the reply you gave me on another email… on the protocol. It suggested that you start the coconut oil at only 1 tsp for 3 days, then 2 tsp for 3 days… up to 10 to 12 a day, right?

My question is… Should I continue with the coconut oil during the cleanse? 1 tsp and taper up. OR should I wait until after the cleanse,and start it as an antifungal? The protocol didn’t specify,and it is included on the cleansing diet “foods to eat.”

Oh, and thank you so much for all of your help. It really means a lot to me to be getting free guidance on my recovery. 🙂

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

This post could answer some of your questions:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

It also links to the safe cleanse within the posted link.

Per forum’s protocol, you are not supposed to start antifungals until you are done with the cleanse. Swedish Bitters are taken probably after a cleanse when you can eat a more decent meal. You will find everything you need to know on the link I provided.

Here is also an index of important posts in case you wish to read up on it:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1922_Index-of-Posts.aspx

Naturegirl27

I already read the link you sent me. I felt the wording was a little vague at times, and these questions were from after reading this page. Can you answer any of these questions?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

1. You will should always be inflamed on the diet because candida and inflammation are linked.

2. I have no idea.

3. Take the bitters after the cleanse.

4. You are experiencing die-off symptoms from the coconut oil, I would start out slow and then go up in doseage. I wouldn’t take any during the cleanse. If you do take antifungals during the cleanse, you will feel much worse.

We don’t recommend the husks and clay cleanse because it causes internal bleeding, horrible constipation that lasts for days, and there isn’t a good reason to do it.

-raster

Naturegirl27

This post is saying that they recommend swedish bitters during the cleanse. Won’t that help with constipation too? https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

When I first started the diet, I went off the website and bought the husks and then I read the forums and got all pissed because they were saying it’s dangerous. I end up using lemon water my husk is sitting in my pantry wasting away.

That said, when I talked to a pharmacist about husk and the dangers, she balked at me and said if it occurs it rare. Many people use it all the time without ill effects. I don’t consider her an expert but then again I don’t consider folks on the forums experts either. Even though I was not buying anything from her, they didn’t have what I was looking for; she did take the time to talk about candida and gave me a bunch of literature about it. The folks on these forums are very knowledge and helpful but they do not know everything.

I believe that this forum has the strictest diet but at the same time, I believe a lot of things are to cover all bases that are not necessary for most folks. Take quinoa for example, this is the only place I have seen that folks do not include it in the diet. This is based on the idea someone might develop allergies to it. Really I would wager that it is safe for most people and it should be something to test not ignore. I eat it all the time instead of rice.
    This forum has a perfect diet for those who do not want to take any chances and that is great. However from reading a lot of testimonials, I see folks break down all the time from candida diets and eat a burger or what not. So, don’t be afraid to test a food out if it’s on other candida diet food list and if you’re the type to break down and cheat the diet anyways. The test food might not harm you like others and in my opinion its better than getting frustrated with eating strict rabbit food then breaking down and eating something really bad.
    Also you have to be realistic to your abilities. If you have serious candida infestations and do this strict diet, you’re going to have massive die offs. Hot tubs, milk thistle, molybdenum (with chelate) vitamin C should all be part of your diet but this will not stop the die offs only relieve it. If you are suffering bad, just slow down, take less anti fungals or probiotics, or eat a piece of meat. There is no need to suffer for long periods, just take it slower to get to that goal. As long as you stay on that goal and continually work towards it you will eventually see massive improvements to your health and possibly your candida infestation.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Quote – That said, when I talked to a pharmacist about husk and the dangers, she balked at me and said if it occurs it rare. Many people use it all the time without ill effects.

Response – I completely agree – 99% of people probably are fine using it but it’s that 1% that would concern me! I wouldn’t take the chance on some internal bleeding, even at those odds!

Quote – I don’t consider her an expert but then again I don’t consider folks on the forums experts either.

Response – Absolutely, I don’t think anyone on the site would call themselves experts, just people of varying degrees of experience. I was mortified when I saw my status had changed to “expert” – this site just changes your status to expert once you’ve posted X number of times which i think it very silly! I’m no expert, I just have lots & lots of questions for Able… “stalker” would be a more appropriate title for me haha!

Quote – Even though I was not buying anything from her, they didn’t have what I was looking for; she did take the time to talk about candida and gave me a bunch of literature about it.

Response – You’re really lucky, I’ve only met useless sales staff trying to make their commission! I would say, make a friend of her and pick her brains whenever you go in!

Quote – The folks on these forums are very knowledge and helpful but they do not know everything.

Response – I presume most people know that? Maybe not… i’m sceptical by nature so would take any “expert” at face value but read around the subject myself. But I think the main reason a lot of people rely on the supposed “experts” on this site is that they are so prompt, detailed & knowledgable with their responses. I couldn’t believe it the first time I posted that someone actually took the time to post immediately and at length… and asking me for more detail so they could help me more! People like that are rare and I for one appreciate it… and try to help out a bit and post some responses when I can to take the pressure of them. (Of course, I sometimes add to the pressure by posting incorrectly… that’s why I hate the “expert” title beside my name!)

Quote – I believe that this forum has the strictest diet but at the same time, I believe a lot of things are to cover all bases that are not necessary for most folks. Take quinoa for example, this is the only place I have seen that folks do not include it in the diet. This is based on the idea someone might develop allergies to it. Really I would wager that it is safe for most people and it should be something to test not ignore. I eat it all the time instead of rice.

Response – Good example and that’s exactly the point of the strict diet! I for one didn’t know if I was allergic to Quinoa or not so I would have hated to keep eating it and then weeks later after seeing no progress finally realise I was eating something my system didn’t like? I suppose what you’d call this is a classic “elimination diet” and the lads have worked it right back to what they can pretty much guarantee (if such a thing exists!) the things that won’t cause a reaction and then once the person is completely symptom free they start re-introducing at whatever pace they feel comfortable with and whatever foods they feel they should introduce first. Obviously they have advice on this too but I think most people try a few bits & pieces as the occasion arrises and hold their breath to see if they react. I can’t really see a different way of doing this effectively?

Quote – This forum has a perfect diet for those who do not want to take any chances and that is great. However from reading a lot of testimonials, I see folks break down all the time from candida diets and eat a burger or what not. So, don’t be afraid to test a food out if it’s on other candida diet food list and if you’re the type to break down and cheat the diet anyways. The test food might not harm you like others and in my opinion its better than getting frustrated with eating strict rabbit food then breaking down and eating something really bad.

Response – pretty much what i’ve said above but also I;d add that you do need willpower to do this diet this way. It’s like giving up smoking – you can either go cold turkey and after the initial withdrawal start to see the benefits straight away…. or cut down over time and the benefits are more gradual?

Quote – Also you have to be realistic to your abilities. If you have serious candida infestations and do this strict diet, you’re going to have massive die offs. Hot tubs, milk thistle, molybdenum (with chelate) vitamin C should all be part of your diet but this will not stop the die offs only relieve it. If you are suffering bad, just slow down, take less anti fungals or probiotics, or eat a piece of meat. There is no need to suffer for long periods, just take it slower to get to that goal. As long as you stay on that goal and continually work towards it you will eventually see massive improvements to your health and possibly your candida infestation.

Response – I absolutely agree. I was in the fortunate position that I was able to go hell for leather and do it cold turkey. But those who work long hours or manually are advised not to do it this way and it’s all a matter of choice at the end of the day.

So in essence, I agree with everything you’ve said but maybe for slightly different reasons! I’m enjoying working this demon out together and have seen Able & Raster’s knowledge grow over the few months I’ve been involved with the forum. I find that’s heartening that they’re not just stuck to a rigid “protocol” (hate that word!) but they learn from the rest of us and amend the allowed list & supplements etc as they learn more.

Must dash and put the dinner on!

Lx

Marbro

@Lucylu,

I think a 1% chance is pretty small. I believe there is a 1% chance that a person is allergic to aspirin as well. If you do the diet as outlined in this forum without cheating I am sure you indeed will be on your way to a candida free life quick enough. However I also believe it’s not the only way to meet that goal and you can still meet it without adhering to the forum protocol 100%. There are risks in life and avoiding every risk because of a 1% chance of something going wrong is not for everyone.

I agree that the diet takes some serious will power and cheating every week will get you nowhere. However, not all folks are built the same and some it will take longer due to physical and mental limitations.

I would rather see folks work toward a strict diet and try some risk and maybe eating more stuff like on phase two of the diet, tomatoes, almonds, quinoa until they are healthy enough to really dig in and punch that candida out. I think some folks who dive into the diet as outlined here on the forum and just eat raw veggies and eggs, and then go through sever die off symptoms, it’s just too much and they could do more harm to themselves by spending tons on doctor bills, doing some other crazy treatment or just quit. Some folks just do not have the will power to endure that and those folks should not use that as an excuse to quit or do something crazy when in fact, just going slower and working within your own abilities will still get there.

That said,I apreciate what folks like you, raster, and able do for everyone who comes here looking for advice. I hope you dont think I am trying to criticize anyone.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: I just have lots & lots of questions for Able… “stalker” would be a more appropriate title for me haha!

Yeah … you thought I wouldn’t catch that one hidden in the post like that did ya .. Well, I do, I did, and now I have.
    And now you …. have to wait. For what you ask? heh heh.. we’ll see.

Oh no, it’s not going to be that easy. Still gotta wait, yep.
    Wait a minute, I just read that again. Who’s the stalker, you or me? Well if it’s me, same thing goes. Gotta wait ….

Able900
    Spectator

By the way, Luce, thanks for that cooler-than-me response.
    Super well done.

Naturegirl27

WOW!! I didn’t know this forum was so intense at times :)I suppose I am just going to compile as muh info together as possible, and find what will work the best for me. I am only day one on the cleanse and I feel great. I know I probably just jinxed myself, but I believe I feel great because I ate a bunch of guacamole today. One of those super foods and TOTALLY curbs my appetite. I am going to try the psyllium husk and if it doesn’t work, then I will try a different cleanse. But I already bought everything for the bentonite clay/ psyllium cleanse… and since everyone’s body is different… I am just going to go with it and take and eat a lot of cayenne pepper for constipation until my alcohol free swedish bitters gets here. Thank You all for your input and support.

Lucylu

Marbro wrote: @Lucylu

That said,I apreciate what folks like you, raster, and able do for everyone who comes here looking for advice. I hope you dont think I am trying to criticize anyone.

No worries, I certainly don’t take any discussion like this as criticism! We’re all learning and sharing info & our own thoughts. I find the differing approaches fascinating and it teaches me more about myself too. You didn’t say anything critical in your post anyway!

Lucylu

Able900 wrote: Yeah … you thought I wouldn’t catch that one hidden in the post like that did ya .. Well, I do, I did, and now I have.
    And now you …. have to wait. For what you ask? heh heh.. we’ll see.

Okaaaaay Able… freaky… have you been at the ACV bottle again, my friend?!! Put it down, walk away, deep breaths… you know you can manage without it…

Able900
    Spectator

Marbro wrote: If you have serious candida infestations and do this strict diet, you’re going to have massive die offs.

It would be nice for the rest of us if some of the newer members would take an hour or so to read some of the posts on the forum before sounding off about the diet and protocol and making unjustified claims.

The statement is ridiculous and completely false. Providing the members follow the protocol and the schedule we offer, nothing close to a “massive die-off” attack should occur.

The entire protocol is deliberately geared towards a slow treatment, safety and avoiding die-off toxins as much as possible. We’ve always advocated the avoidance of die-off symptoms and we consider this the main goal of the treatment; destroying the Candida takes a second seat to avoiding anything which can cause the massive die-off you’re talking about.

If you’ll read the forum you’ll see that it’s full of references to avoiding die-off.

“Die-off isn’t a ‘good thing’ and the goal of a good Candida diet should include avoiding die-off at all cost.”

“Leave this out of your diet for the time being until you can obtain Molybdenum – Not only are you suffering from die-off symptoms, but the poison is presenting a potentially dangerous situation for your liver and kidneys.”

“To cut down on the die-off effect – which you definitely need to do since the toxins are dangerous to both your liver and kidneys – stop taking the coconut oil.”

“Keep in mind that the goal of the forum treatment is not to create die-off symptoms but rather to slowly destroy the Candida and at the same time change the environment of the intestines by taking the probiotics and eating kefir, yogurt, and sauerkraut.”

“A great way to detox during the die-off phase is to take a sauna, hot tub, steam room, or even hot bath to release the toxins from your body and skin regularly. You can go up to 6 days a week.”

“Curing the infestation ‘without’ experiencing the die-off symptoms should be everyone’s goal. The goal is not to experience the toxins of the dying Candida since the toxins are extremely dangerous to your liver, kidneys, and your body in general.”

“Dying Candida release a total of 79 different toxins; three of these are neurotoxins called formaldehyde, alcohol and acetaldehyde. That’s right, what I’m saying is that all three of these, along with others, can be released into your body and spread into your liver and other organs during the destruction of Candida albicans. You can see by this just how important it is to go slowly when killing off the Candida.”

And taken from the Allowed Foods List: “VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: You should be taking a supplement called “Molybdenum” for three days prior to the start of your treatment; this includes before the cleanse or diet. See the link below for more information.”

Do you need more?
    Able

Marbro

lol you really have issues with a different opinion. All you have to do is read the forums to see that people are struggling with die off symptoms. So instead making drama out of every post that you disagree with why dont you continue to just offer your advice. Let the people decide. for as much as you know, you fail to understand that people approach problems differently. It doesn’t have to be your way.

Not everyone is going to read your protocol right off the bat. I didn’t.
    Not everyone agrees with your protocol
    Not everyone deals with the same issues as you

And most importantly not everyone has to follow your protocol to fight candida and still be successful. So get over yourself and let others offer their opinion without jumping them every time.

How hard is it to respond with,

” an alternative approach or what I like to do yada yada” instead of this crap. I didn’t even bother reading your post past this statement

“The statement is ridiculous and completely false. Providing the members follow the protocol and the schedule we offer, nothing close to a “massive die-off” attack should occur.”

So many come here dealing with massive die off symptom’s for following this diet. Obviously there is something to that that you fail to see or understand. This is all im am going to say on the subject.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Starting the Cleanse tomorrow… a few questions.’ is closed to new replies.