Starting the cleanse as an athlete

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Starting the cleanse as an athlete

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tude58 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Misty
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

I’ve been on a variation of this diet for a few months now (eliminated sugar, yeast, gluten, etc) but I’ve been wanting to commit to this program for a while. I first found out that I have a candida overgrowth from a natural doctor, but the high fat diet that he put me on doesn’t seem to be helping me very much. I need more balance an structure, which is why I’m finally trying The Ultimate Candida Diet. My concern is that I am on a college volleyball team, and I’m worried about only eating veggies for 3 days. Should I skip the cleanse? Or can I incorporate chia seeds as a source of protein?

bouncygal
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 100

I don’t know wheather its because im vegetarian that made it super hard but i have been extremly tired and exercise went out the door for me (that is for the last 4months) 🙁

tude58
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 56

I went from working a minimum of 14 hours a day, no days off until harvest season was over for years, then to not functioning at all due to this stuff.
    I love to work out, use weights etc. I’ve not been able to do that prior to and certainly not on the detox protocol. It’s difficult because at my age (54) people have always told me what great shape I’m in. I’ve always had great muscle tone too up till now. It takes longer at my age and being a woman to rebuild so I freaked for awhile and still do occasionally.

The way I figure is time off to get the poison out and it will be easier to rebuild when I start regaining some strength

Misty
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

It definitely has been hard playing volleyball competitively while suffering from candida, but I think that because my case is more mild, I’m young, and I’ve been on a candida eliminating diet for several months, I’m still able to work out. I am tired all the time tho, and I can feel that my adrenal system is stressed. Thank u for the input, I’ve decided to start the cleanse next month when volleyball is over and I can take a break.

Thank you Tude58, stick with it!

Bouncygal, do u eat eggs, or are you a vegan? If you haven’t read the book, Lisa reccomends eating more nuts and seeds, and coconut bread to get the protein and calories. Also, even tho they’re on the ‘no’ list, vegetarians may need to include beans as a source of protein. You prob already know this, but I hope this helps! No energy is no fun!

tude58
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 56

Thank you Misty! I’m happy to hear you’re hitting this thing head on while you’re young! You’ll be saved many years of pain and doctor bills:D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Starting the cleanse as an athlete’ is closed to new replies.