Starting over with a cleanse?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Starting over with a cleanse?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ibeatthebeast 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

kmccollum104
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

When I started the Candida diet I didn’t start with a cleanse. It’s been about 8 weeks. I’m not really feeling better. My only significant symptom is a chronic yeast infection that won’t go away. I’m taking probiotic and antifungle supplements. Should I go back and do the cleanse?

TryingToFixIt
    Participant
    Replies: 5

That’s what I’m trying I’ve been on the diet for 2 to 3 months I instantly noticed improvement after 1 day but then I hit a plateau. Now I’m on the cleanse and this is horrible with almost nothing to fill me up. Probably never doing another Candida Cleanse after this unless its mandatory.

kmccollum104
    Participant

What do you mean by plateau?

TryingToFixIt
    Participant
    Replies: 5

Plateau meaning I don’t feel like I’m improving gradually. I changed the diet but now I’m just stuck with barely any improvements. My symptoms are still bad enough to where it hinders what I need to do daily. So now I’m going to try Bentonite Clay, Molybdenum, Fiber-3 and some Saccharomyces.

ibeatthebeast
    Participant
    Replies: 14

Please listen to what I have to say. I completely understand how you feel as I was plagued by systemic candida for over 4 years. I was finally able to heal myself once I followed Traditional Chinese Medicine and the practice of curing a damp gut. One thing you must understand is that to treat the root cause of the infection means healing the internal organs (specifically the spleen, kidneys, and liver). You need to avoid ALL damp-forming foods including all forms of dairy, all sugar/honey/artificial sweeteners, give up all caffeine, and eat plenty of warm, drying foods including sweet potatoes, azuki beans, barley, celery, ginger, turmeric, cumin, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar, etc. These should be the staples of your diet. Try it, you will see amazing results.

kmccollum104
    Participant

Ibestthebeast,

I have been doing all of that. How long did it take for you to get relief?

Thank you!

ibeatthebeast
    Participant
    Replies: 14

If you are following the correct protocol for curing a damp gut in accordance with TCM and still not healing, you need to look at your overall lifestyle. Stress can put a huge burden on your adrenal glands and so can lack of quality sleep. You should be sleeping 8 hours every night and lowering your stress levels through meditation, yoga, and regular exercise. Also, be sure to drink plenty of high quality spring water (typically half your body weight in ounces per day). I also added high quality immune boosting supplements including Hawaiian spirulina, cod liver oil, 1000 mg vitamin C (whole food based, not the crap with just ascorbic acid and artificial flavors), and antioxidant, and enzymes. Be prepared to spend money on high quality food and supplements as this is critical to healing the body. 99% of the food and supplements out there that are cheap are garbage and should be avoided. Be sure to eat as organic as possible and buy pasture raised, antibiotic free meat and eggs. As far as timeline for healing, once I incorporated all of these lifestyle changes, I noticed significant improvement in a few days and by 2-3 weeks I was free of all symptoms.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Starting over with a cleanse?’ is closed to new replies.