starting over ugh !

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions starting over ugh !

This topic contains 49 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

Im really angry at myself and candida right now feeling like i am just not strong enough to follow thru .Of course i want to get better and im soo tired of being in pain always feeling like i have to pee and my vagina burning all the time !I had a good day yesterday but forgot to bring anything when i went to see my grandma with my daughter,i normally do hard boiled eggs and avocado when i leave house but my avocado werent ripe enough and i didnt have eggs , i was so tired after cleaning the house and shopping i just didnt have it in me to go home and cook so i ate a grinder and chips for dinner than just completely fell off and ate cookies to !Immediately i got that deep burning pain in bladder area that i get and it lasted a few hrs ,i notice even when i eat the smallest cheat like a few blueberries it just triggers more and more cravings so i wonder if eating a cheat meal would even just make things worse by triggering more cravings!

I feel like i cant do this im just to busy with work and house i dont know how yall are eating like this everyday this diet is making me so depressed i wake up so sad that i cant eat anything i enjoy .I know i need to do this and im mad at myself because i was doing very well this past wk .I feel overwhelmed and like it aint gonna get easier it has been over a month now that i have tried the diet and then flew off track over and over again in a viscous cycle killing the yeast feeling die off and then feeding it again its just an evil cycle !I have to cook sumthing today as he is working and make for myself before i go in to work tonight and my body is just saying screw it just make spaghetti and meatballs and call it a day !I know thats the yeast talking to and i can make a veggie stir fry for myself i guess i lack the will power to keep this up and untill i can get strong enough to follow thru i will be stuck !Its a horrible feeling !thanks 2 anyone that reads this long post u guys have been great and givin me so much encouragement !I need to find the will power within myself ,i tell myself that i need to find joy in other things and i do ,i pray ,yet i still mess up !

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

With me, in the first month or so of the treatment, the extra pain I endured after a few cheats kept me free from cheating from there on out. I guess the pain isn’t enough for a lot of people though, because unfortunately you’re not by yourself, Hope.
    All I can say is what everyone else does, that is if you stick to it long enough, it gets easier. Right now you’re fighting yourself and not the Candida, and the truth is, staying strictly with the diet is the only way to win this fight you’re having with yourself.

Able

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

I agree with Able. The week of my birthday I ate like a pig and the UTI came roaring back. That really taught me a lesson that even if I cheat I need to have some boundaries and discipline.

I think you are being too hard on yourself. This diet is incredibly difficult so don’t feel guilty or bad about cheating (once in a while).

Me for example…every Sunday I cook about eight eggs, with chicken or turkey sausage (I don’t eat pork). I take this to work on Monday and eat two eggs every morning (I work only 4 days a week). I also keep yogurt at work, just regular organic yogurt, not the little ones with fruit in it.

Just try to always have something that you can eat. Eating out my husband and I go to Chipotle alot and I get the burrito bowl and of course I avoid things like cheese and corn. It sucks but what sucks more is being in more pain and taking antibiotics.

Good luck….and hang in there.

hope4eva77

thanks guys im going to make a veggie stir fry and make sumthing else for them ,i really messd up leaving without food i should off went and got sum eggs to boil or even taking an apple wouldnt of been as bad thanks !

sushified
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 31

I just joined this forum and yours was the first post I saw, sort of funny because just yesterday I went through the worst day of this diet. Its been 3 weeks and I just was so hungry and running all these errands and usually I eat at chipotle like someone else mentioned but I had no time and since I only ate the day before…I was starving.

For hours I complained and just wanted to eat pasta or a sandwich or whatever. I cried and my boyfriend just sat there and listened to me.

Then I went online and I searched for ‘how long do you have to stay on candida diet’….after reading hundreds of people’s stories and doing a little research…I think you really only need to stay on the strict part of the diet for so long, depending on your problem. I am surprised to hear you’re eating yogurt – I have been completely dairy free and that has accelerated my recovery. I stopped experiencing die off a week ago and I thought it was because I had done something wrong, so I switched to tougher probiotics and other herbs…nothing. Felt good, but no more die off.

I truly believe the stricter you diet, almost religiously – the faster recovery and then move on to normal eating again. One girl I saw wrote that she eventually kept taking all the antifungals but was able to eat normally and is doing really great. So just don’t focus so much on this time, be very strict, and it will pass in no time.

I personally can’t wait to eat at Panera bread again πŸ™‚

hope4eva77

That’s cool y’all have a place 2 eat out, I don’t have anywhere to eat out without cheating at least a lil bit. I have been eating coconut bread avocado and bolied eggs on the go and to work I can bring anything cuz I have microwave but I get so busy with errands that the hunger just 2 much.

To give u brief description of my symptoms –
    My most bothersome symptoms are feeling like I have Pee 24-7 , and a deeper burning pain maybe in bladder, ill also feel like I have a yeast infection that’s not full blown 24-7 and always have vaginal pain external and internal. Started after normal vaginal delivery a year and half ago.

I wouldn’t know if dairy contributes as I put plain yogurt in my bread I never cut it out 2 see but I don’t notice anything immediate. I do notice immediate pain with white bread, pasta, vinger, chocolate, anything high in acid. I have a ic diagnosis – bladder pain syndrome but this is based on symptoms alone.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Hey hope, it does sound like you have IC… I believe I have a mild case of this.. Some days, just out of the blue, I will feel like I need to pee like crazy and of course, I don’t… I know the diet sucks! I have a day at least once a week where I just can’t take it. I had some really bad stomach problems last night so the only thing I have eaten today is chicken noodle soup, which is definitely not allowed, but I thought it was the only thing my belly could handle. I think the first several months of this is really hard and you can’t help but fall back sometimes. Sometimes, it is good for me to just keep some nutthins, or any allowed cracker for you in my bag… I think it is just too easy to cheat when you don’t have your food. Don’t be too hard on yourself sweetie, we all fall down sometimes.

hope4eva77

thank u i been meaning to get a dehydrator and make veggie crackers !

hope4eva77

i hope i dont have ic ,i know my symptoms sound like it though im hoping this protocol will at least significantly reduce my symptoms i guess i can live on the ic diet isnt nearly as hard as this one if i had to

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Get back on the saddle, Hope! It’s ok!

You are right on the nose though – the cheating (even blueberries) is only prolonging the pain and cravings. I did blueberries a couple of times at first and when I cut them out, it really helped.

I also have to make sure I never leave the house without food. The other day I went to work for this lady and there was all this free bread that smelled so good, and I hadn’t packed enough lunch. I was FREAKING OUT and had to leave early so I wouldn’t eat it :p Happens to the best of us.

What I try to do is make stuff in advance as much as possible, and I’ve also gotten used to just eating things cold. Also, I have this AMAZING thermos by Kleen Kanteen that keeps soup hot for literally 8 hours. So you could heat soup up in the morning, then throw that in your bag for later – some Bieler broth, etc. I also have been trying to come up with a lot of easy 10-15 minute meals, or meals that maybe take a little longer, but I can go do something else while something is the oven, etc. Curry is one that is delicious and super easy (I think I posted the recipe on here, but if not, it’s on my blog or message me and I’ll send it to you) – I made it tonight with frozen asparagus and it was literally ten minutes to prepare and tasted AMAZING.

Also, I know the feeling of oh, I’m sick, I can’t handle anything but ____ food that isn’t on the diet. However, I found that after a few weeks of being on the diet, that completely reversed and the only food I know I can handle even on a rough day are things like plain cooked veggies or hot buckwheat cereal, not wheat or rice or cheese like I used to turn to.

It is so hard to not eat the foods you want, but seriously, once you get past the cravings phase (a few weeks), it gets so much easier. Now, the only time I have a lot of trouble is a situation like I stupidly stuck myself in the other day – free food that smells good and I don’t have anything of my own.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

just say NO!!! For 31 years I have eaten redmeat everyday, pasta everyday, chocolate bars everyday, cereal everyday, and just kept eating and eating. I ate icecream right before bed with a weightgainer shake. I would eat whole pizzas bymyself, tacos every week, chinese every week, tons of bread and cheese. Also never weighed more then 145 cause of my metabolism. Bottom line is I eat coconut bread, brown rice once a week, yogurt once a day, eggs, organic chicken, grass fed beef once a week. So my change has been drastic in a night. Its been two months and still have cravings like crazy but I don’t want no more sinus infections. Anybody can do it, its extremely hard and I eat more then whats on the strict diet. So don’t be depressed or regret doing the cookies, just continue the diet

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hi Hope,

I would just like to echo what others have said. If you are still getting intense craving after 3 weeks on the diet then something is making you keep your sweet tooth, I’m guessing it’s the blueberries.

If you cut all sugar and sweeteners out of your diet you will start to loose cravings after 3 days after one week the craving will be gone.

Eliminating your cravings will help.

The best thing you can do is take some extra time out once a week to insure your success for the week. On Saturdays I go to the organic farmers market and stock up on veggies. When I come home I prep as much as I can. I use my food processer and chop up veggies to add to omelets and stir frys. I usually chop 3 onions for the week this makes cooking dinner go a lot faster. Sometimes I make mayonnaise or zucchini bread. I also put a huge pot of soup on once a week, so I have something in the fridge for when I’m hungry and not thinking clearly.

The only way of getting around this is to assume you will feel ravenously hungry and be unable to cook at some point soon. Take an evening and do all your prep work for the week, it makes things so much easier.

hope4eva77

Thanks I will look up that recipe 4 curry Alex. And I try to make enough for left overs I need to start doing the prepping of veggies that’s a good idea.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Oh Hope, sorry to hear this! But dust yourself off girl and get back on the saddle! I know you can do it, just give yourself a chance.

It is very hard at the beginning but it does get easier. At the beginning when I was very ill, I would fall back to quinoa or brown rice. Once my die-off was so bad, I just wanted it to stop even if I had to feed the b..ch (meaning candida), so I ate a whole bowl of brown rice! And then I had phases when I doubted the validity of the whole process, of my own diagnosis, everything. And then I would get depressed over the whole thing and not being sure what I should or should not do… The list goes on, and we all did it. It all settled down within first 3 months or so. From then on everything started to change.

My cravings were much better once I managed to maintain this strict strict diet. I even eventually got rid the buckwheat/oat bran bread I used to make and use as a staple, and now I bake it only sometimes as a treat to myself. Now to think of it, I didn’t bake it since December! I made some little gluten free/grain free pastries, but my girls liked it and ate half of it and that was it πŸ™‚ By doing this I am not that hungry all the time as I used to be and I don’t have to look for snacks. I rarely snack now, I eat my three meals, and one snack when I get home from work (since I am at a later stage, this would be granny smith apple, half of grapefruit, some pumpkin seeds or plain yoghurt with buckwheat crackers) so I can wait for girls and eat dinner with them (sitting at the table together is big for me). I did notice that yoghurt and buckwheat make me more hungry and want more of it. Like I open a package of those buckwheat crackers, eat one, then another one, then another one… and then the whole box is empty πŸ™‚ Now, they are not harming my infestation much, how much of buckwheat actually is in one little cracker, but the point is that I eat the box and am left wanting more. If I stick to veggies/protein/fat diet (hunter-gatherer), I am satisfied with my meal and feel full.

Having two girls and raising them alone, I know how difficult can be to take care of the family and yourself, but my advice is that you try to cross match as much of the menu as you can. Like does your hubby eats meat and any veggies? Salad? You are exhausting yourself by preparing food for yourself differently. I do some variations, but steam a large part of swiss chard, then for kids I might make it more kids-friendly with few things I am not allowed, but still I cooked it together. I will saute it a little bit on garlic, take out their portion and season it for them, then finish off mine with hot pepper or something like that.

And to hate this diet less, you must find foods you enjoy. At the beginning my menu was bland but I’m online all the time looking for recipes I can make or modify for this diet. I put it an ingredient and try to find out how to make it. There are some great recipes out there and your family might like them. You don’t necessarily need to disclose everything that’s in there. I often just give it to family and stay vague about ingredients. Once they try and like it, I might tell them what was actually in it. This is how my kids started to eat algae he, he… One girl thought it was corned beef and was really excited about it, and I said, mhm (so it’s not a yes or no). It turned out Dulce (I think this is what it’s called, it’s the long red one) goes very well with swiss chard and my girls eat swiss chard much better with this than anything else. Find new foods you never tried, perhaps you will like them.

And to keep your insanity with all the errands etc, always steam lots more veggies than you need and just freeze them in portions. Then when you need them, just pull them out, pop in the microwave, saute on something and you have yourself a meal. I steam my veggies on a biggest pot and large metal colander so it’s done in 5-10 minutes instead of several batches of 5-10 minutes. Agree with mrs.Candida, make a huge pot of soup, save some in the fridge, freeze some for emergencies. You can make veggie chips in an oven too so don’t wait for the dehydrator. You can make your own buckwheat crackers and carry those with you all the time. Here is the recipe, it’s real easy IMO. http://sugarlessstudent.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/buckwheat-cracker-recipe.html

And finally, get rid of the guilt. It’s not doing anything for you. Just do as best as you can. If you want to fall off again, just remember this pain that you felt and remember that it is much less when you don’t eat this type of food. I was always so afraid of being so sick again that eventually I didn’t think of eating anything like that ever again, well at least for now πŸ™‚

If we were not cyber friends, I would also offer a big hug πŸ™‚

Good luck girl, and you are a lot stronger than you think!

Arijana

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I have to tell you that even though I have been on the diet a while, I still have cravings. Of course, I do work in a grocery store. I think that there are some of us that just enjoy carbs and sugar. I don’t have cravings that are as strong but I can tell you that I know for sure that they will never completely go away. I love bread and dairy and I dont’t think that is going to stop. You just have to get to a point where it isn’t worth it anymore.

Hope, I think eventually, hopefully, πŸ™‚ you will reach a point where you can have a “fun” food every once and a while and not suffer. Probably just not good for right now. I know it must be sooo much harder with a family so I feel for you.

I think you ought to look into the IC thing though because there may be things on this diet that are irritating to IC. I know for a fact that I cannot take large quantities of Vitamin C because they give me urethritis… just something to think about hon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘starting over ugh !’ is closed to new replies.