Starting out–HELP

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Starting out–HELP

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Paperstars 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

jgentry8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 13

I’ve been on the candida diet for about 4 or 5 days now and have been feeling alright except I’m always hungry. My stomach isn’t actually growling but my head is really hot and I’m spacey like I haven’t eaten in days. I’m eating a ton of protein, can’t get enough. I just feel like I can always eat, not to mention my hair is falling out like crazy. Does anyone know if this is normal symptoms of die off and why this is happening? I thought I was supposed to lose weight not feel like I can eat all the time. Help!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would try eating more food then and get plenty of rest. Your body might need the extra energy to heal itself. The western diet packs a ton more nutrition vs. the candida diet.

What is your diet like?

-raster

jgentry8

Morning: avacado, egg, chicken or whatever meat is left over. If there is no meat then I use sausage (this is all organic, cage free, whatever)

Lunch: typically get a salad from chipotle with extra pork, extra lettuce, guac, veggies

Mid day I have some tea, maybe another avacado and some teaspoons of coconut oil

Dinner: chicken (with skin) could eat the whole freaking chicken. STARVING. Tonight around 5 (couldn’t wait til 6) had roasted veggies, and salmon. Then came home around 8 (starving!!) had two eggs roasted cauliflower and another avacado and couldn’t stop eating coconut oil.

Now I feel nauseated 🙁 again I’m only on day 5 so is this pretty typical? I feel like I’m gonna gain soooo much weight, but my bloating continues to go down (except my stomach, cuz it’s so full)

Is this die off? Do I want so much protien and everything cuz candida is starving and robbing my nutrition?? Need some insight here

raster
    Participant

You need to eat more food and you need a greater variety of food. You need to broaden the veggies you eat. I would start making the breads and eat these in addition to your meals; ideally I would aim for 3-4 course meals with snacks between meals.

I also would avoid the pork and try to replace those chipotle salads with homemade salads.

For breakfast you need more food, an avacado and egg and some meat is not enough! A salad for lunch is not enough!

If you start to feel flu like symptoms this is typically die-off, as well as nauseau. Do you have a detox plan?

-raster

jgentry8

So your saying an egg, sausage, avacado, and chicken for breakfast isn’t enough?! I feel like I’m eating a ton. I have big portions of chicken.i had it with breakfast and then I had a big chunk before dinner then had salmon! And no I’m just following what my doctor told me– 80% fats and protein, 20% fruits and veggies. Not doing fruits right now. Way too nervous to try them. I’m taking vitamin c powder, probiotics, antifungals (Thorne S722 formulas w/ their probiotic (bacillius something) and I’m also taking digestive enzymes. I’ve done one set of colonics cuz I suffer from terrible constipation and coffee enemas.

jgentry8

also, I feel like I may be resistant to the Thorne formulas. My tounge has gotten better but I haven’t felt like complete crap like you usually do with die off. Does it take longer than 5 days to know if your resistant?

raster
    Participant

I don’t know what you are taking at all but plan on a long term recovery to get over this; most people need 6-18 months to recover from CRC (candida related complex). I don’t know what kind of program you are on but you need carbs imho, atleast some. This is likely why you are so hungry. Its hard to fill up on veggies and meat. Your body needs additional energy; the enregy you get from this diet is way different when compared to eating wheat and corn, etc. These grains pack a ton of energy!

The avocado could be making you constipated and eggs cause constipation too. I would try out a week without these and a week with them to notice any differences. For me, once I removed eggs from my diet (except for weekends), I started to heal a lot faster and my digestion improved significantly.

Additionally, I would check out some of the warnings people have mentioned with eating so much meat. If you are constipated, the meat will produce a lot of ammonia which then benefits the yeast. I would try to reduce to one serving per day at some point if possible.

If your sausage isn’t chicken sausage, I would replace with chicken sausage…beef and pork take days to digest whereas chicken and fish take hours.

You need to feel full like thanksgiving after each meal and I would snack on something like celery or breads between meals.

-raster

faither
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 30

Hi raster,

I have an important question for you or someone that would know the answer. I just came from my back surgeon, and he wants to do a round of epidural shots. I’m pretty sure the shots have some steroids in them, is that going to ruin everything I’ve been doing for the past 11 weeks to get rid of the candida?

thanks
    jay

raster
    Participant

I’d look for alternatives personally. It sounds like you have back pain. I’d personally try to get massages and try alternative treatments like chiropractor, acupuncture, etc. There are some creams I have used in the past that have helped my muscle soreness (I’d have to look them up at home)…

My ND thinks all back pain is related to the liver…

-raster

faither

Thanks raster,
    But my back is in bad shape, 35 years of bricklaying, 20 of which was on the ground, paving. My discs are basically gone in two places in my lower back. I’ll have to do the shots.

How bad are the steroids going to affect my treatment, any idea?

thanks
    jay

raster
    Participant

I have no idea really, but yisucks takes a steroid inhaler for asthma and has had difficulty in getting better over the last few years (now consults my ND)…but this is a bit different than consuming steroids everyday.

-raster

faither

that’s true, I would only be taking 3 shots. That’s not like an inhaler everyday.

Thanks

jgentry8

My naturopath said stay away from flours and grains (all that stuff) for now… So when I don’t have eggs and avacados that really eliminates fats which won’t help me since my diet is basically protien and fat. I try to eat a lot of coconut oil but idk I definitely feel irritated when I have eggs. Coffee enemas have really helped though. So chicken is good? Maybe I’ll just have to get used to having chicken more often. Haven’t even tried turkey. Any suggestions?

Paperstars
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 47

You could try buckwheat as it’s on the safe food list and isn’t a grain apparently, as a source of carbohydrates and coconut flour too to make coconut flour bread to help fill you up.

I agree with Raster that it would help to introduce a lot more vegetables into your diet. You could try kelp noodles, make a soup with them or just regular seaweed soup with radish or whatever vegetables are some ideas too.

And I personally don’t see anything wrong with eggs, chicken, turkey etc.

raster
    Participant

It sounds like your doctor has the lines of thinking that breads/flours feed the yeast and he is trying to starve it out, but I think this restricts the diet too much. Certain grains are pretty safe for the diet like buckwheat and teff, so I would ask him about possibly making breads with these or similar flours. For instance, in nigeria where teff is more popular, they make a flat bread that is kind of like corn tortillas…so you could make some kind of burrito type thing if you wanted. If you make a bread that is similar to what I make, you could then make a sandwich bread and make sandwiches for lunch.

Anyways, what I would do is get some pyrex containers and start making soups…make a big batch of it and spread it out throughout the week/month, etc. and freeze it.

I’d also consider getting something like the nutribullet and make smoothies with it. Start drinking pure liquid veggies and mix in a variety of stuff you normally wouldn’t eat (sounds like you have the picky food problem like I do).

You need to experiment with certain problematic foods like eggs (major allergen for a lot of people) to see whether they are benefit vs. detriment. A way to get around testing food out like this would be to get an allergy test to see whether you are allergic to the stuff you eat or not (some people allergic to avocados too). The problem with your diet that I see is that its going to continue to constipate you which needs to be avoided.

The problem is you are pigeon holing yourself into an overly restrictive diet and you need to get creative with cooking and preparing food in order to get out of it. Most of the diets around the world are rather safe…its the western diets that are the problem.

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Starting out–HELP’ is closed to new replies.