Starting my probiotic

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Starting my probiotic

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Katy Gillett 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

Hi Able!

So I finally started by 50 billion Renew probiotic last night.. I took one before bed and will continue to do this from now on.. Do I need to up this dosage sometime soon though?

Also my oil of oregano (which I will start in a few days) says to take 4 drops a day. How many should I actually be taking and what should I start with?

Hope you’re well.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Katy.

As far as raising the dosage of the probiotic is concerned, let’s wait and see how it affects you as far as die-off symptoms. Hopefully, you won’t experience them at all since you’re on the Molybdenum now, but you never know as everyone is different in one way or another.

Concerning the oil of oregano, again, let’s wait and see if you experience die-off from the probiotic before deciding when to start it. We never know when die-off is going to occur at all or how long it will last if it does.

Able

Katy Gillett

Hi Able,

Sure – thanks. At the moment I’m taking 6 teaspoons of coconut oil (2 with each meal) and the one probiotic at night. I was ok today but tonight I’m not feeling good at all and it does remind me off classic die off so I guess I better wait a while. I’m mainly feeling nauseous with stomach pains. Also cannot concentrate on much right now.

Do you think I should perhaps lower the amount of coconut oil I’m taking?

Also – on another previous note concerning the oat bran. So you think its affecting me that way because of the amount of fibre in it? If so I assume this is a good thing? Should I continue eating a small bowl every so often or leave it out of my diet for now?

Thanks once again!

Katy Gillett

I’ve been thinking and I have another few questions on top of my previous post. Sorry!

When I first started the diet (just over 2 months ago) I ate a few foods that I probably wouldn’t include were I to start the diet again (brown rice and Greek yoghurt mainly). My question is, now that I’m this far in does it matter if I still include these (I have the brown rice max once a week, but the Greek yoghurt a few times a day) or should I try cutting these out for a while? I know I probably seem a bit stuck on the whole food aspect but I just haven’t seen much of an improvement since I started and everyone else seems to see a difference in the first week or so!

You did say it was the probiotic that was probably holding me up – should I continue to think along these lines? I keep coming across posts by you to ‘newbies’ outlining which foods to omit for the first couple of weeks, and I didn’t follow such strict guidelines in the beginning so I do question it.

Any encouragement would be appreciated at this stage 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

Katy, I guess I didn’t realize that you can’t see much of an improvement at all. Perhaps it was indeed the brown rice, yogurt and some other items which kept you from seeing a difference in the beginning from the diet alone, plus, correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems that I remember you were also eating sweet potatoes, nuts, and soy milk. Is that correct?

At any rate, as you said, I believe that the lack of a probiotic was the biggest hold up. As far as making any changes, I wouldn’t make any at all in the diet or supplements including the coconut oil since you are about to start the probiotic.

By doing this, we will have something to compare any changes to, and we’ll know that the changes are stemming from the probiotic and not a change in diet.

Listen, don’t worry about being stuck (as you say) in the whole food aspect, because that’s exactly what it takes in order to avoid the foods you shouldn’t be eating right now; that means continually focusing on as well as knowing exactly what food is going into your body every time you eat. This is why I recommend that people avoid going out to eat for as long as they can when starting the diet. When you go out to eat, you have no idea really as to what you may be feeding your body.

As far as the die-off symptoms are concerned, does the bottle of your Molybdenum state how many mg or mcg are in a drop? Also, do the dosage instructions say anything about increasing the amount to more than one drop?

By the way, I happen to think you’re doing fine as far as staying with the treatment, it isn’t an easy thing to do, and I have to commend you for sticking with it all.

Able

Katy Gillett

Thanks Able – I appreciate the encouragement :). This forum helps me stick to it as I read so many stories similar to mine and those people are getting better. Plus all the help you’ve been giving me! I figured its only a matter of time and I had already decided to be in it for the long haul. Besides I’ve found it all quite fascinating and have become a little devil in peoples’ ears when those I love around me are eating such bad foods haha!

You’re right I was eating almonds and almond butter at first..I gave up sweet potatoes but then put them back in for about a week. Soy milk I had at the very beginning but only a little bit in my swede mash and scrambled eggs – I did soon stop that. It must have been the grains that held me up the most which I expected but kinda wish I hadn’t now! But to be honest I don’t think I could have changed my behaviour so drastically all in one go anyway – it has been more of an unravelling of bad habits over a period of time.

To be honest I was feeling quite bad last night when I wrote that post so I probably exagerrated my ‘no improvement’ stance.. I do feel better today and I haven’t felt very dizzy in about 4 days which is great. Its just the exhaustion and lethargy that doesn’t seem to want to budge. By the way, is getting itchy a die off or a Candida symptom?

So how many days of feeling ok should I wait for before I add in the oregano oil do you think Able?

I’m not sure if you saw my previous post but I did ask again about the oat bran? I assume the large fibre content is a good thing so should I stick with a small bowl of oat bran for the time being as again the pros outweigh the cons?

I’ll have to get back to you on the molybdenum count as the bottle is not around me right now. Will do though!

Thanks again sir

taurusamorous
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 21

Hi Katy,

Have you been eating grains? I just started on brown rice and oats since I felt like fainting the last couple of days on the super strict diet. How long have you been on it?

Itching is definitely a die off symptom (as well as signs of the actual candida). That’s what Able told me. I have been crazy itchy for the last 5 days!

Anyway, just wanted to chime in.
    Good luck with everything!

F

Able900
    Spectator

—————————————————————–
    HI, Katy.

As Taurus told you, yes the itchy feeling can come from die-off, and if you’ve not experienced it before, then more than likely that’s what it is rather than a Candida symptom.

The oat bran fiber is excellent for you, as long as you can prevent it from causing problems to your stomach. I think I’ve mentioned before, oat bran is a great food source for the beneficial flora in the system.

About adding the oregano oil to your arsenal; I’d rather wait to see if you can take additional doses of Molybdenum before you start that, especially since you seem to be experiencing die-off symptoms with the dose you’re taking. If the Molybdenum doesn’t take care of it, you may need to order the Candidate from online. I’m sure you read the ‘die-off dangers’ post so you know how dangerous the toxins can be to your body.

Hope you have a great weekend. We’ll be here on Hilton Head until Sunday, sadly, at which time we’ll be leaving for home.

Able

Katy Gillett

@taurusamorous… I have been eating grains.. more so before than now but I ate brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa and oat bran. Now I only eat buckwheat and oat bran (as of today). Although I do plan on having a very small portion of brown rice every week or so to mix up the diet. But I have cut these out for a few weeks now.

I’ve been on the diet over 2 months now. How about you?

Thanks for letting me know about the itching. It wasn’t something I’d experienced before but glad to know its die off!

@Able. I had a small bowl of oat bran porridge for breakfast and it didn’t affect me at all. So that’s great. I’ll build the portion up slowly.

I checked my molybdenum bottle and one drop gives 200mcg of molybdenum. The only die off symptoms I’ve experienced were the other night but I’ve been quite alright since then actually. I had started the probiotic the night before and gone up in coconut oil dosage (probably not the best thing to do at the same time!) so I assume that’s why it caused a reaction. But otherwise I’m doing better than I have before :).

You enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Starting my probiotic’ is closed to new replies.