Starting Cleanse

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Starting Cleanse

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tommequilts 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Rockinbetty
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

If you have done the cleanse, either option 2 or 3 will you share your experience with it? I just bought everything for the Detox Drink and Liver Flush and I’m a mix of anxious nerves, haha. I was really hoping to have started it last week with the holiday time off of work, but wasn’t able to… so part of the cleanse will take place while at work, sigh.. ha… oh well

Sunshine
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi Rocki

I have just started the cleanse 4 days ago, I am in my fourth day. I started option 2 but after two days, that is on day three I felt terribly lethargic and I just could not go on with it any longer. However, I had only wanted to do option 2 for four days, as I feel when I go to work it will be too hard to follow. So yesterday I went shopping and bought myself vegies and salad greens and made myself a salad and steamed vegies. I ate it all and afterwards started feeling much better. I am therefore now doing the option 3 (with one meal a day) and that suits me just fine so far, tomorrow is the real test as I will have to go to work! The positive side, I had very bad flue when I started the fast and this might have also made it worse, but after two days of fast (day three) my flue felt better and today it seems almost gone. However, I ate lots of garlic and Olive leaf extract to combat the virus, knowing that it also combats the Candida.

Hope this helps you! Sunshine

Rockinbetty

yeah…. I’ve been going back and fourth on that… I think I will do option 3 as well. Thanks Sunshine! really appreciate your input (:

Rockinbetty

I don’t know if this relates to your symptoms..but the first 2 days I was completely fine..but the morning of day 3, I collapsed when I got out of bed! I had those spots you see when u stand up too quickly, zero energy and short breath..immediately thought of my blood sugar level, so I made a pb & j sandwich and felt a little better…had to miss work, I couldn’t even stand up.. so granted, I only made 2 days on the cleanse..I’m bummed, but that reaction was scary as hell… has anyone else experienced that??

Mo
    Replies: 1

I’m on Day 5 of the Cleanse and I actually fainted on Day 3 at night cause I got up too fast, I didn’t panic and went on with the fasting cause it happened to me in the past (getting up too fast and fainting) without fasting.
    I do feel tired indeed but I noticed that the energy goes up and down. I’ve been slow running and sunbathing (in Rio de Janeiro!). Luckily I’m not working for the moment so it’s easier to do cause I wouldn’t be able to work in these conditions.
    Also, I’ve been focusing a lot on breathing exercises and introducing myself to meditation.
    My goal is to do the full 7-day cleanse.

Diane
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 73

Hey Mo,

Im on day 2 of the cleanse and like you I intend to do the full 7 day cleanse.
    However I am somewhat concerned because, so far I have had no bowel
    movement. To be truthful I was hoping that my intestines would react
    to the psyllum and bentonite. I do notice a difference for one thing my
    joint aches and pains have significantly reduced if not vanished so thats
    a plus. However I would really like to see all the yucky stuff go into the
    toilet where it rightly belongs. Any suggestions Mo???

Thank you

Diane from Malta living in the Netherlands

iuperi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 7

I just found this site and I am so thankful! I dealt with a severe case of candida last year and thought, “Yeah I beat it!” NOT! Just a few weeks ago, I started having symptoms again. Besides the struggle with candida, I also have: gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance, insomnia, fibromyalgia, restless leg syndrome, high blood pressure, polycystic ovary syndrome, sinus problems, pmdd, and anemia. I’m only 32! Since I went gfree 2 years ago, I seen a drastic improvement in my health. I know it doesn’t sound like it, but in 2008-2009 the pain was so bad I was in a wheelchair.

Now I am going to start the cleanse and candida diet on Aug.1 (my bday is coming up and I would really like to enjoy some gfree cake first-hehe). I already started walking 2 months ago and worked on portion control. I’ve lost 20 pounds. So I’m looking forward to starting the program. Also I’m hoping that by getting the candida under control, it will affect my other medical issues. So look for updates;) Keeping fingers and toes crossed!

tommequilts
    Replies: 1

I’m on day 2 of the cleanse, option 2, and so far, so good except for one thing. I totally can’t stand the bentonite. Everything else is bearable for seven days, even the liver flush drink which had me quite worried. I’ve always been pretty intolerant to garlic and ginger, and was afraid it would set my gut on fire. To my surprise, it hasn’t – and the taste isn’t even horrible. (I mean, not something I would choose on my own, but definitely tolerable for seven days.) I’m nearing the end of day 2 and I’m feeling a little light-headed, so I’m going to watch myself carefully. First 2 days have been at work; now I’ll have the weekend; and then the last 3 days will be at work again. It really hasn’t been a problem to bring my drinks with me on the train. But I can’t believe how much my mind keeps turning toward food! I’ve never done a cleanse like this in my entire life, and really want to do the whole 7 days. Nice to have this forum for support.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Starting Cleanse’ is closed to new replies.