Starting boulardii protocol today…(week 3 update)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Starting boulardii protocol today…(week 3 update)

This topic contains 51 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  yisucks 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am starting floraster today and see how this works. Afterwards I hope to strike down the yeast with some pleo ex. I might blog about how it goes in this post.

I’m going to have to stop drinking my chamomile tea which sucks. I am replacing it with coffee. I’m gonna have to stop taking black walnut extract for parasites and SF722. I am also taking juniperus homeopathic for my liver and will see whether it kills the boulardii or not (going to experiment, I am thinking it won’t).

I am currently on my yearly liver cleanse and haven’t decided whether to stop it or not. I am only a few days into it. The herbs in this liver cleanse are antifungal and include nettle leaf, milk thistle, artichoke extract, etc. I am now thinking that I will have to put this off for a month or longer.

I bought 2 boxes of floraster and so plan on megadosing with it for the month. I am going to start out slow with one capsule per day and then try to work my way up to 6 capsules per day (with meals).

I plan on cheating occasionally for mother’s day, vacations, etc. but maybe once a week at the most. I do not plan on this impacting the boulardii very much.

Any advice would be welcome.

-raster

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Raster,

Good luck. Some people have great success with SB.
    I had decent success with SB(Jarrow)at 15-30 Billion a day.
    It was a gamble for me because I’m somewhat sensitive to bakers yeast as an IgG blood test revealed about a year ago. The most significant and noticeable benefits for me were increased regularity, energy and decreased respiratory symptoms from environmental allergies. Wish I could have continued but very painful skin (usually the back of my right arm oddly enough) prevented me from it.

I also did SB retention enemas as studies have shown SB decreases significantly in numbers by the time it reaches your colon. Works better but likely not required.

Keep us updated.

-D

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Awesome, can’t wait to hear how this goes for you.

I’ll tell you this…SB seems pretty darn powerful. Whenever I get a bit “yeasty” down there, I douche with some SB and it’s completely gone. seems to really eat it up.

I want to try it orally, too, but Bernie has me on antifungals so I think it would compete. Also, my main protocol now is really to attack the bad microbes, and don’t know if the SB would be a problem with that.

raster
    Participant

I failed day one lol. I accidently took SF722 today out of habit…

-raster

raster
    Participant

Well I took one last night without SF722 and my experiences from day one:

-Bloating reduced significantly today (something I don’t care about but worth noting).
    -Felt like a battle was occuring in my gut.
    -Feel a little bit better than normal today.
    -No die-off at all yet, seems pretty gentle.

I am consuming raw kombucha today that contains 4g of sugar per container. It contains alcohol in it, so I am getting buzzed at work. I think I screwed up getting this one with alcohol lol.

I really wanted one that contained caffeine but this one doesn’t seem like it does. I thought they all contained caffeine?

I am going to up the dose to 4 capsules today. I think the cinnamon kills some of it off because it is antifungal (cinnamon is in my pumpkin bread so its 2 tsb spread throughout like 8 slices, which is a low amount). Next week I think I will have to eat a different bread for breakfast.

So far pretty impressed by it but will see how I feel after a few days.

-raster

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

Good to hear, look forward to seeing how you progress.

I believe I am sensitive to yeast, so I can’t try this yet. Is that the reason you’ve only just tried it after all these years on the protocol?

raster
    Participant

TheXtremisT;57240 wrote: Good to hear, look forward to seeing how you progress.

I believe I am sensitive to yeast, so I can’t try this yet. Is that the reason you’ve only just tried it after all these years on the protocol?

I haven’t tried it because I am on a plan with my ND that involves taking homeopathics. I just wanted to see how this was as an experiment…going back to my ND’s plan after a month of this and taking his stuff that I know works really well.

-raster

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

raster;57241 wrote:

Good to hear, look forward to seeing how you progress.

I haven’t tried it because I am on a plan with my ND that involves taking homeopathics. I just wanted to see how this was as an experiment…going back to my ND’s plan after a month of this and taking his stuff that I know works really well.

-raster

Ok that makes sense, hope you see a good improvement for this month.

I’d like to think it’ll be an option for me when I’m a bit better, to combat the last survivors.

raster
    Participant

Day 3 update:

-Digestion seems to be different (don’t want to explain). Still same rate. Different smell lol.
    -Cheated yesterday and had dressing that had vinegar in it. Didn’t react to it as much as I typically do (good sign).
    -Took 2 capsules with meal last night and no ill effects (so first day of 4 capsules).
    -Stomach rumbling and volatility is reducing.
    -Tired today, so seems like I needed more energy for healing.

I conclude that it seems to be working; I should restate that I was not expecting dramatic improvements starting out. Still don’t see dramatic improvements, but more improvement than anticipated.

My yeast numbers are likely already pretty low after almost 4 years of battling this so I decided that this would be a good cleanup thing to try.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

raster, are you taking any other probiotics alongside it? Is that allowed? I’m really interested in trying the S Boulardii based on my experiences using it as a douche. But I would also worry about pausing my treatment with Bernie. I may wait to see how it works for you.

raster
    Participant

Ya you could take any probiotic with it according to the label on floraster…I’ve thought about taking HMF neuro with it at the same time but will do that after I think.

Day 4 update:

-more energy than yesterday but slept really well
    -definitely not as much die-off
    -skin feels a little bit more dry while drinking kombucha (got the non-alcohol stuff this time)
    -tongue feels different (feels like its coated with chalk)
    -inflammation seems lower

Going to test out pizza tomorrow for the blazer game to see how bad I react to it.

-raster

raster
    Participant

Almost done with one week of boulardii. I am pretty convinced that its effective at this point and it seems like a pretty safe probiotic/yeast/supplement. I think the way I used it, as a late in your treatment supplement…was a very good idea vs. trying it in the beginning. If I did this at my worst, I think I would’ve felt horrible. So that’s my warning to everyone.

But it definitely reduced inflammation greatly…maybe more than anything else I have ever tried. I am not reacting to the bad foods very much right now, its at a very low level. I want it to get even better though, so we will see if it gets me to the level I want to reach.

Ate some pasta for mothers day tonight and feel the oral thrush returning with a vengeance, so the candida is just waiting to pounce. Seems like the oral thrush disappeared for a few days

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

Keep these updates coming! love reading them. Am definitely thinking about trying boulardii in a month or so.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

raster;57197 wrote: floraster

Omg. A whole week and now I got the joke 🙂

raster
    Participant

So I have a great update about boulardii:

I think its maybe the 2nd most effective supplement I have tried on my candida journey and I am feeling really great in general. I have gotten the yeast to really low levels (atleast I think) and this stuff has worked wonders pretty much.

-Stomach remains flat like I once had it about 4-5 years ago.
    -In general, depression is much lower and I am quite a bit more happy.
    -Tons of energy (even when I don’t consume kombucha).
    -If you cheat on boulardii, it doesn’t set you back too much.
    -My liver cleanse hasn’t affected it from what I can tell. Taking antifungal liver cleansing herbs such as nettle leaf, milk thistle, artichoke extract, etc. and these haven’t affected the boulardii. Also have taken juniperus (homeopathic) and doesn’t affect it
    -Tried out coconut oil and rutabega and not suggested for boulardii protocol. When you consume these with boulardii, it kills it, and you stomach feels like a major battlefield lol. Haven’t tired cinnamon and its likely too strong too.
    -Slightly constipated but the flow is still going lol.
    -Die off only occurred first few days and for me it was really minor.

Also today my stomach area feels sore and I don’t know why (below ribcage).

1.5 weeks left of my floraster bottle and then back to HMF neuro.

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Starting boulardii protocol today…(week 3 update)’ is closed to new replies.