Starting antifungals, advice?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Starting antifungals, advice?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

piratesauce
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 7

I’ve read through a lot of information, so this is what i’m going to be doing. Just thought I would run it by you ‘experts’ to see if i should change anything

Raw garlic for the first two weeks. I’m going to buy fresh raw garlic, smash it, chop it up into little bits and drink it in water. I am not sure if chewing it would be more effective? Also is one clove a day enough?

A supplement for week 3 and 4 with 500mg oil of oregano, 300mg of black walnut and 500mg of caprylic acid. I’m going to take this in pill form once a day.

week 5 and 6 i’m going to take coconut oil every day, whats the recommend dosage for that?

Thanks all!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Quote: Raw garlic for the first two weeks. I’m going to buy fresh raw garlic, smash it, chop it up into little bits and drink it in water. I am not sure if chewing it would be more effective? Also is one clove a day enough?

Reply: Putting the garlic in water is just as good as chewing it.

Quote: A supplement for week 3 and 4 with 500mg oil of oregano, 300mg of black walnut and 500mg of caprylic acid. I’m going to take this in pill form once a day.

Reply: So I’m assuming that all three of those are in one capsule, which is not a good idea; you won’t be obtaining enough of any of these to do any real good. And you’re wasting your money on the black walnut; it won’t be necessary with the correct amounts of oil of oregano and Caprylic acid as it’s a much weaker antifungal than either of the other two. And liquid oregano oil would be many times more powerful than pills. The link below is the most dependable brand. Quality and amounts are important with a Candida infestation.
    http://www.amazon.com/N-American-Herb-Spice-Oreganol-Oregano/dp/B0002BB68W/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1321402951&sr=8-6

Quote: week 5 and 6 i’m going to take coconut oil every day, whats the recommend dosage for that?

Reply: I would start the coconut oil no later than the second week after the cleanse is completed. Coconut oil will change the environment of your intestines to a less hospitable home for the Candida albicans.

You won’t have to guess at what to do if you read and follow the protocol.
    http://www.amazon.com/N-American-Herb-Spice-Oreganol-Oregano/dp/B0002BB68W/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1321402951&sr=8-6

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I put the garlic in a spoon and throw it in mouth and rinse with water. It is fine to chew it but I don’t like the taste, lol.

One clove a day is pretty good, do more if you want…I wouldn’t do more than 3 a day (thats a lot!).

Able has recommendations on the coconot oil.

You might want to do one-two antifungals at a time and rotate them every few weeks since candida can adapt to them. One antifungal they cannot adapt to easily is SF722 undecenoic acid. After 6-8 weeks I would stop with the caprylic acid because it will ineffective at this time (potentially).

These are safe and common anti-fungals. There are plenty of varieties out there; garlic is one of the strongest.

-Raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Starting antifungals, advice?’ is closed to new replies.