Started strict diet again not lasting

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Started strict diet again not lasting

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TheXtremisT 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ILLaViTaR
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 6

Hi guys long time no see!! I’ve started my diet again (after binging for 6 months :() and I can’t do it I really don’t know where to start so I really apoligise if this fails to make much sense haha.

I need to probably make another post with my entire story but basically I am on a strict candida diet, to put it bluntly I can only eat green veg. Literally only green veg!! Meat, eggs, coconut, almonds, dairy absolutely destroy me which makes life very hard.
    I started the diet a week ago and it’s just not possible to stick to it, every time I go without sugar, the inguinal hernia I have gets real bad (I think it’s from candida/specifically constipation).

But the worst thing that by far is my entire gut from chest to under belly button gets this bloated/painlike sensation until I eat sugar/bad foods again. It’s not bloating it’s very different to candida bloating, candida bloating feels like fermentation, every time I feed it it’s like my entire digestive system bloats up, but loosens up/relaxes and there is flatulence/burping/gas constantly. But this type of bloating is very different, it’s not like bloating it’s more behind my belly button an extreme tight pain like my gut is glued shut and air is trying/can’t move around properly.

It’s the not unbuckle your belt type of bloating, it’s they type of bloating that feels like your stomach is trying to constrict a basketball, if I sit down and lean forwards the pain is so excruciating I can’t lean all the way down, when it’s real bad sometimes I can’t lean at all i have to lie down and it feels like a valve is going to burst inside me somewhere (whereas normal bloating from sugar feels like every valve is nice and open and the bloating is just from the ridiculous amounts of gas escaping 3 seconds). My stomach doesn’t bloat out either, it just feels bloated, there’s absolutely no movement in my gut at all it’s like it’s been glued shut. It seems every time 1 day into a strict diet, my gut decides to switch off completely and glue itself shut, like it stops fermenting/digesting. No bowel movements at all, stool is like solid toothpaste/clay it’s just not being pushed through the intestines properly for some reason.

The bloating from sugar/bad foods feels relieving whereas this feels like my stomach is going to pop and is not right at all, at it’s worst I have to lie down, if I eat sugar it alleviates it almost immediately, the deep explosive popping noises from inside my gut appear again and I need to go toilet and it smells rotten… after that I’m good again but of course my candida comes back..

Weirdest part of all is when it gets real bad, I get 2 pulling sensations (they must be one in the same as they’re always together)from under my chest and directly above my belly button (they’re around 2 inches apart) it’s all specifically from eating no sugar/carbs. It feels as though die off just switches my gut off entirely and seals in everything the pain is far worse than eating any sugar or anything that feeds candida, as in it feels like my gut needs sugar or I’m literally going to explode/die.

Has anyone experienced this weird bloating/pressure like sensation before? It feels like bloating but it’s not from extra gas… it’s from my gut sealing itself shut for some reason, never a bowel movement ever. Instead of bloating you could say it feels as though it’s pulling in on itself (trying to constrict a balloon rather than blow up like one). The weight loss is also incredibly scary after only 2 days into the diet, I have lost a lot of weight directly above my belly button (where one of those 2 pulling sensation directly is) I look at it and there’s a physical a concave dint almost the size of a tennis ball.. and it feels like it’s trying to suck itself in even more.. I ate sugar when I couldn’t bear it 2 days ago and by gut felt more soothered than ever and the rotten gas smell comes back but it actually feels good (I know it isn’t) and like it’s curing the pain.

I know of die off but this is ridiculous I have hernias popping out and it’s some weird form of constipation problem is by body shuts down I don’t think I have a single bowel movement until I eat sugar or junk food, it must be incredibly inflamed I am at a loss on how to get fast this first phase in the diet!! Tried nac, milk thistle, molybdenum, I tried metamucil once (it breaks my diet) for fibre and fibre won’t it, it seems constipated but more because the entire gut is switched off like it’s in limbo, feels very strange.v Can anyone relate to what I’m trying to describe aha?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider trying out boulardii which will reduce the inflammation and bloating. You need to develop more foods to eat on the diet and not restrict so much.

-raser

Paperstars
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 47

Can you tolerate fish? Or have you tried hemp seeds which would be a good source of protein and fibre? Can you tolerate fermented diary like kefir? (Though if you are sensitive to caesin then probably not). These won’t help the bloating though maybe the hemp seeds can with their high fibre content, but your diet seems to lack some protein source since you can’t have meat, eggs or diary and there was no mention of legumes (they’re not in stage 1 anyways) but it’s something to help make your diet a little more balanced.

Are you drinking enough water too? Especially if you are going consuming lots of fibre.

If you’re gut is inflamed then maybe some slippery elm would help to soothe the gut or marshmallow root or aloe vera but I’m not sure if it’s appropriate in this case…if someone could add to this it would be great. I’m just throwing the suggestions out there.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Ill,

Have you considered Hypochlorhydria (Low stomach acid)?

This is somewhat common in those with dysbiosis and rarely gets mentioned on these forums.
    I am a sufferer myself and some of your symptoms are classic Hypochlorhydria.
    Bloating, weight loss, gas, etc are typical with low stomach acid.

3-common-signs-of-low-stomach-acid

What does your stool look like?

Betaine HCL (Betaine HCL) is the best for low stomach acid. I still take 8 capsules with every meal.
    My stomach and small intestines were likely colonized while my Hypochlorhydria was at its worst. Betaine HCL gave me significant die-off for the first few weeks so I had to start slow (1-2 capsules with meal). I can now take 8 capsules with no die-off and amazing digestion.

-D

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

Hi. I’m a little worried that you’re not getting enough nourishment – when I was doing the vegetable cleanse I survived a lot of the time on protein shakes made with avocado/hemp protein/and soaked chia seeds. And I made a lot of nourishing soups with broccoli, asparagus and celery. At the moment you seem to be having the worst of both worlds – depriving yourself to the extent that you overindulge on ‘bad’ foods. If I were you I’d try hemp or some other candida-friendly protein powder – how much worse can it be than the way you are supplementing your diet at present?

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

Wow Danny that sounds like a lot. I only take up to 3 tablets per meal, but mainly on larger ones.
    How much do your doses contain?

Mine have 50mg Pepsin and 324mg HCl.

I’ve always wanted to know how much I should take.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

TheXtremisT;58108 wrote: Wow Danny that sounds like a lot. I only take up to 3 tablets per meal, but mainly on larger ones.
    How much do your doses contain?

Mine have 50mg Pepsin and 324mg HCl.

I’ve always wanted to know how much I should take.

X,

I’m currently taking HCL by TwinLab (1 capsule = 648mg Betaine HCL – 130mg Pepsin).
    I’m switching to Thorne Research simply because they sell 625 capsules in one bottle (Thorne HCL).

Last night I took 10 capsules with my dinner (6480mgs HCL!!!!) and slept like a baby.
    This is very high for a normal person.

To give you an idea of how bad my digestion was, I would find completely intact vitamin D capsules (gel capsules) in my stool from the day before. I would have lots of vegetable fiber and undigested food in my stool. The more HCL I take, the better my stool looks. I also notice how much better sleep I get at night.

You will know when you’ve had too much HCL, your stomach and chest will get a warming sensation. If you have low stomach acid, just increase your intake by 1 capsule per day until you find your correct dose.

-D

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

All right thanks for the info!

I believe your case is very similar to mine, based on how you’ve described your symptoms and causes. I don’t think mine is as severe though, but definitely brought on by too many antibiotics over the years. I have been battling bad dybiosis, with adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism.

Can’t believe how much you’ve suffered, because I thought I had it bad. I am definitely going to experiment with HCl tabs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Started strict diet again not lasting’ is closed to new replies.