started S Boullardi

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions started S Boullardi

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mygutleaks 6 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

I started saccharomyces boulardii probiotics on Sunday. It’s definitely doing something because I am going to the bathroom more often, sometimes 3x/day when before it was less. it also gives me a headache about 6 hours after taking it (probably when it reaches the colon infestation.. i’m quite sure that’s the only place i have candida remaining) and a runny nose. molybdenum doesn’t seem to lessen the headache, whereas it did with nystatin or other antifungals. so i’m not sure i’m having die-off per se. could be because i took 4 pills every day at 3b per capsule, whereas the recommended dose i’ve read is 5b. today i just took 1 and only got a slight headache, but it was much faster than 6 hours – maybe 2. Also got a bad muscle cramp in my leg during the night. I was getting those bad while on Nystatin. However, I also remember getting them another time i lightened up on antifungals, so i’m a bit worried perhaps the SB is not preventing growth. I’ve been very strict with the diet for several weeks, and have been on a diet since Sept, but started up with fruit again in Oct – Dec. but also did not have a serious overgrowth to where i was super sick.

just wanted to let ya’ll know in case you’re looking for alternatives to SF722. the brand i bought is Kirkman Labs.

-MGL

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I took s. boulardii a few months back for a short while but didn’t notice any difference or major improvement in my condition. Also, be aware that taking s. boulardii can have negative side-effects. I did a google search during that time and found a number of sources that claimed it could actually cause you a few problems. I don’t have any links available now, but just do a search for info. if you’re interested and something will crop up.

mygutleaks
    Participant

so it’s been one week since i started S Boulardii. it does seem to be helping. my tongue will be white in the morning. i’ll brush it off and 95% or more will clear. then the white will come back in the afternoon, mostly in the back. but everyday it seems to come back a little less than the previous day.

also, the probiotic yeast gives me a headache that comes and goes throughout the day, as well as a runny nose. makes me feel like i have a cold. i’ve never had a sensitivity to yeast before, or to any probitic, but perhaps this is such a large amount. or, perhaps it means it’s working. since i’ve read people say that when they get a good probiotic, they feel lousy. perhaps it’s activating an immune response that had shut down in me??? i’m going to try and stay on it one more week and see if i feel better. my face has stopped breaking out from it so hopefully the cold will go away too.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

mygutleaks;34178 wrote: so it’s been one week since i started S Boulardii. it does seem to be helping. my tongue will be white in the morning. i’ll brush it off and 95% or more will clear. then the white will come back in the afternoon, mostly in the back. but everyday it seems to come back a little less than the previous day.

also, the probiotic yeast gives me a headache that comes and goes throughout the day, as well as a runny nose. makes me feel like i have a cold. i’ve never had a sensitivity to yeast before, or to any probitic, but perhaps this is such a large amount. or, perhaps it means it’s working. since i’ve read people say that when they get a good probiotic, they feel lousy. perhaps it’s activating an immune response that had shut down in me??? i’m going to try and stay on it one more week and see if i feel better. my face has stopped breaking out from it so hopefully the cold will go away too.

Don’t stop it. I am taking 36 billions a day and eating openly but not using white sugar and extremely sugar loaded food.
    I was almost symptom free when I began it with only some intestinal discomfort. It is going away with it. I am gaining 3 or 4 pounds by week.

I don’t have any doubt S. Boulardii is the best probiotic for intestinal health ever discovered.

Jorge.

LeilaP
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 18

Dvjorge, would you be kind enough to share your dosing regimen of SB? I have started SB two weeks ago, but was unable to find clear instructions on how to take it. I am sure you have to increase the dosage every week.
    How long shall I take it for?
    How much? How often? On empty stomach/with food/after meal?
    Do I have to take it with probiotics (same time)?
    Do I have to take it separately from antifungals?
    Many thanks in advance.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

This is something along the lines of what I mentioned in my previous post:

“Saccharomyces boulardii is LIKELY SAFE for most adults when taken by mouth. It can cause gas in some people. Rarely, it might cause fungal infections that can spread through the bloodstream to the entire body (fungemia).”

The chances of you getting sick are probably quite small, but it’s always worth keeping in consideration. If it helps you out then great. Sadly, I felt like it did nothing for me personally, and in fact made some of my symptoms even worse during the time I took it. Best of luck.

mygutleaks
    Participant

well i spoke too soon. i am discontinuing use unfortunately. my ‘cold’ symptoms got even worse and this morning it feels like it’s becoming a sinus infection. apparently i have a yeast intolerance. i suppose since it lives for many days, i had built up a good amount in my body and that’s why it got worse as the week went on. wonder why my face stopped reacting though? too bad. back to the antifungals for me. i take betaine hcl with all food.. but take this on an empty stomach. i wonder if i took this with food, if that would make any difference? or, if i took a digestive enzyme with it.. would that kill it? i’ll try again once i’m off the antifungals, but this time at a lower dose. from what i’ve read, the dose is 5b/day for adults, for 3 to 4 months, taking on an empty stomach along with probiotic bacteria, as you don’t want to take SB by itself. Kombucha also contains SB and i’m going to try that.

glad to hear SB is working for you Jorge! the reason i tried SB was after reading the post you reposted, from Remi96, over on Curezone. it worked so well for her when antifungals no longer would. have you heard from her?

-MGL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘started S Boullardi’ is closed to new replies.