Stage 2 and craving

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Stage 2 and craving

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  BenjiRixon 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Toosweet
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi
    I did 2 weeks of stage 1 and felt great ( I did have die off in first 3 days). When I started stage 2, I was also traveling and changing my life situation in a big way. Now, nearly 2 weeks in stage 2, I am craving sweets and just want to eat all the time. I have reintroduced apples, grapefruit, pears, potatoes, pumpkin etc and upped my coffee intake. I also had some sweetened soy milk at a cafe a few times. Did I do something wrong?
    My candida was not severe; I’m doing this for general health and because of severe sinus issues( which, btw have had an amazing result since beginning this regime).

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

Hey,

Sorry to give you the bad news but you’ve totally jumped the gun. Best bet is to read the post “about that hunger” by able. This explains about reintroducing foods to quickly and cravings and hunger. I’ve just bumped it so it should be just below this post.

Hope this helps

Benji

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Toosweet wrote: My candida was not severe; I’m doing this for general health and because of severe sinus issues( which, btw have had an amazing result since beginning this regime).

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Fruits, other than Granny Smith apples, should be one of the last things you reintroduce as they will alkalize the lower intestines as well as being filled with sugar.

Since you have Candida (even though you say it’s mild), the sinus problems are more than likely caused by the Candida which is usually the case when sinus problems occur during the infestation. That’s why the sinus problem improved when you started the diet.

Sticking to the first stage of the diet for at least a month is the first step towards a cure. You may also benefit from reading the post that Benji suggested.

Able

loobyloosis
    Replies: 1

Hi,

Your post prompted me to sign up. I had a similar situation a few weeks ago and had become very unbalanced, feeling awful. I wrote a desperate email to my Nutritional therapist because I felt I was slipping back into old habits and I was craving caffeine and sugar to perk me up. She explained that these cravings come from the candida so I resolved to try Stage 1 more strictly instead. I have been on a ‘stage 3’ sort of candida diet for about 3 months to re-adjust my eating habits so going strict was a lot easier after that as long as I was in a routine. I was amazed at how much better I felt being on Stage I so started to introduce some other elements into my diet but my symptoms came back very quickly. It is really hard but I am beginning to understand my body better and am listening to what it is telling me. Having glimpsed what I can potentially feel like has given me the incentive to keep trying until the candida is under control.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Like looby said, you have jumped the gun too much. Candida can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover. While it sounds like you have a more mild case of it, I would recommend continuing stage 1 for a few more months until you are completely symptom free.

Consult a naturopathic doctor for best results; they will let you know when its best to start new foods.

The food cravings are from the candida and you are just going to get it again if you continue your current diet. Also, don’t go drinking coffee because it really feeds the candida badly (or atleast runs your body down enough to allow it to grow back). Soy should not be allowed at this point.

Toosweet
    Replies: 2

Thanks for all the input. I think it’s great to share stories but each individual is different and really we each need to decide what is best for ourselves. I also mentioned a major life change, yet everybody jumped on the fact that I drink coffee and ate some potatoes. But thanks anyway.

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

Hey toosweet,

We arent having a go for eating potatoes or drinking coffee, that’s your choice anyway. You asked did you do something wrong so we just pointed out why you were having the bad cravings and tried to help by pointing you in the right direction.

All the best

Benji

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stage 2 and craving’ is closed to new replies.