stage 2- Am I ready and what anti fungi should I use?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions stage 2- Am I ready and what anti fungi should I use?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

tgt2011
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

Summary of our last episode: I was on Kolorex and a very strict diet when the yeast infection returned. with your advise I stopped using Kolorex and started on Probiotics. the yeast infection than returned to normal. I’m on my last week out of the 3 for stage one and the question remains: am I ready for stage 2?

Lately I frequently feel dizzy, very tired and bloated, I also suffer from constipation (excuse my graphics). It has dramatically increased the passed few days, so much so that I have to stop sometimes during my work out due to dizziness.

As to Stage 2- if I start it at the beginning of next week, what Anti Fungi should I be taking? Should I try a couple of them?
    Should I continue to take the probiotic supplemental through out stage 2?

Thanks!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello. Glad to hear that the yeast infection has eased up a bit.

It sounds like you’re going through a rather rough die-off experience right now, i.e. dizzy feeling, being tired, constipation, and bloated. You should take something for the constipation, especially since you’re experiencing some die-off symptoms. You need to literally get the toxins out of your body. A sauna will help if you’re able to use one, if not, a hot soak in a tub will work (to the point of sweating if possible). Have you been able to obtain either the Molybdenum or the Candidate yet?

To understand how important knowing how to handle die-off is, if you haven’t already done so, please read the post titled “Die-off Dangers” posted on August 08.

As far as going on to stage 2, I would definitely have the Molybdenum before doing this, and preferably the Candidate as well. After you’ve been taking the Molybdenum for three to four days, I see no problems with starting another antifungal (the probiotic acts as an antifungal as well as building the flora in your system). I would start with pure organic coconut oil. Not only is this a strong antifungal, but it will help to build the environment needed to rid yourself of the Candida infestation. But please, at the very least start the Molybdenum several days beforehand, and only start one antifungal at a time, otherwise, if you receive some sort of reaction you will have no idea which is causing it.

You should by all means continue the probiotic.

Able

Allison124
    Replies: 5

On this website the “die off symptoms” page is in the phase 2 section. So when I was first reading all of this I thought they were saying that you will start to experience the die off symptoms in phase 2. That didn’t make sense to me since I feel like they should start to die off as soon as you give up sugar. I am only in week one which is the optional detox week for me. I have been eating only steamed veggies and salad and broth that I made with the recipie on this site (and I am about to go insane eating like this) but I feel like I am already experiencing die off symptoms. It’s not horrible and sometimes I wonder if that is really what it is but I figure I MUST be killing them if they have nothing to live off of right now, right?

So, you’re saying that the die off symptoms should be GONE before you start phase 2? Because this website doesn’t even have you start taking the anti fungals until phase 2. Is that just supposed to keep them from coming back as you add back in beans, starchy vegetables and some fruit?

Also, would it be bad for me to take anti fungals starting next week in phase 1? I kind of feel like I could do different anti fungals during both phases and that way I could make sure it was gone before the 7 weeks of strict eating is over. Or would that just make the die off symptoms way too bad and dangerous?

I guess am just concerned because another website I saw said that it will about the same number of months to get rid of it as years that you have had the problem (not sure if that is true at all or not). But I have had psoriasis since I was five years old, so I assume I have had this problem since around age 4. All I can think of is that I got two (I believe metal) fillings at the age of 4 because I had two cavities. Also, my parents did have us eat relatively healthy but I know that we did often eat sugar like most kids so I’m assuming this is how it happened. I don’t know if I was ever on antibiotics, not that I can remember but I wouldn’t remember at the age of 4. But in any case, if that website was correct then it would take me around 26 months to get rid of it .. more than two years!!

So, when I found this website, naturally I wanted to follow THIS plan rather than a plan where I just eat very restricted for two straight years. But that is why I thought maybe I would do multiple anti fungals during these next 6 weeks to make sure it’s gone. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Able, where can we get the Molybdenum and Candidate? Do you order it from somewhere?

Thanks!! Allison

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Allison.

I’m sorry about all the confusion between the website’s information and the information on the forum. Unfortunately, the website is desperately in need of an update.

If you devotedly follow the diet in the strictness manner, you are definitely killing the Candida and should definitely experience some of the die-off symptoms – long before you complete stage one, and before you start any antifungals at all. This is not to say that the die-off will be completed by the end of stage one by any stretch of the imagination.

It’s true that it can normally take a longer treatment period if the person with Candida has had the infestation for many years, however, you cannot believe every so called “fact” that a website or individual tries to offer as far as a timeline because everyone treats the diet differently as well as the supplements. It also depends a great deal on the fact that some people simply heal quicker than others. Many aspects affect the time that it takes; just one of these aspects is the condition that a person’s immune system is in during the treatment. A stronger immune system is naturally going to take less time with a cure of any illness, including a Candida infestation.

Basically all of the information and suggestions you receive from the posts on this forum will stem from either experience or research, sometimes both.

The die-off symptoms will not be completely gone until you’ve just about cured your Candida, so don’t expect that to happen quickly. However, once you are having very mild symptoms it would be alright to add an antifungal along with the diet. This is only to prevent a worse die-off experience than what is necessary. The first antifungal I suggest that you add is organic coconut oil.

Molybdenum can be purchased at nearly any vitamin store. The Candidate can be ordered online from Native Remedies. http://www.NativeRemedies.com You shouldn’t start an antifungal until you’ve been taking the Molybdenum for three to four days. The
    Candidate will work almost immediately however.

As far as the food becoming boring and not even being enough; look for the coconut flour bread recipe on the forum under the “Recipes” category. Keep boiled eggs available for a quick, filling snack.

I’m going to repeat what I typed about a timeline; you don’t need to be concerned with any type of timeline that you see online. You are the only person who can decide when it’s time to go to an antifungal or any food item to your diet. Think about it, every single person is different and everyone’s infestation and treatment response is different, how can one timeline be correct for everyone with a Candida infestation?

Able

Allison124

PS – I am also having problems with constipation which is so strange to me because I have been drinking the detox drink with fiber and bentonite clay three times a day. You said that you should take something for the constipation because you need to get the toxins out of your body which is exactly what I have been thinking. I know it’s not good if I am killing off candida and releasing toxins into my bloodsteam and then not getting rid of them effectively. What do you reccommend that we take? I saw that you said psyllium husks are dangerous which I had no idea about … that is what I have been taking three times a day because that is what the recipie on this site called for. I had some “colon clear” pills in my cupboard and I have started taking that once or twice a day as well to try to make myself not so constipated but I am curious to know what you reccommend and what you think would be safter than psyllium husks.

Allison124

Hi Able,

Looks like we wrote at the same time there! Thank you so much for all of your advice … it has been very helpful!! It’s so nice to have people to talk to about it so I really appreciate it!

Allison

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Allison.

A few products that are useful with constipation are below.

Traditional Medicinals Organic Smooth Move Herbal Stimulant Tea.
    Amazon has this.

Slippery Elm Bark Powder Form. Amazon has this as well, it’s an herb, and the powder form is the most absorbable.

Organic Ground Premium Flaxseed. Amazon has this by Spectrum, a dependable brand. Be sure to get the ‘ground’ and not just the seeds.

Often people with Candida are deficient in various nutrients, and a deficiency of magnesium will cause constipation. Try to purchase magnesium mixed with calcium as these two nutrients depend on one another for complete absorption. “Sundown” brand has an excellent source of calcium, magnesium and zinc all in one pill. A good count is 1000 mg calcium – 400 mg magnesium, and 25 mg zinc. It takes three pills a day to obtain these amounts, and you should take the pills with food for better absorption. This brand is usually sold in both supermarkets and health food stores.

Look at the ingredients of the Colon Clear. I believe it contains cellulase, if so, you shouldn’t take it at all. One of the ingredients which make up the construction of the enzyme cellulase is glucose. In addition to this fact, the breakdown byproducts of cellulase are sugars that could feed the Candida and prolonging the treatment period.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

How are you doing now Allison?

I just wanted to mention that it can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida…so if you aren’t 100% so far, then that explains it…it takes a long time!

As far as cellulose…its a very negligable amount and your body shouldn’t have a tough time digesting it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘stage 2- Am I ready and what anti fungi should I use?’ is closed to new replies.