Stage 1 – Zucchini Cake

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Stage 1 – Zucchini Cake

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BellusStella 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi all! I was fancying something sweet so found a Zucchini Cake recipe online and adapted it. Lovely and sweet with a vanilla taste… lovely with a cup of hot lemon water:-

3 eggs
    1 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup Xylitol (or stevia or other natural sweetener)
    2 cups grated zucchini
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract/ raw vanilla
    2 cups Buckwheat flour
    1 cup Coconut flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Grease and flour two 8×4 inch loaf pans, liberally. Alternately, line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.

In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Mix in oil and sugar, then zucchini and vanilla.

Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir this into the egg mixture. Divide the batter into prepared pans.

Bake loaves for 60 minutes, plus or minus ten, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Muffins will bake far more quickly, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.

Enjoy!

lyrichuffman
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Sounds yummy dude.A must try recipe. Can you tell me, what will be similar to Xylitol?

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Sorry, should have specified that – Stevia or any of the other natural sweeteners.

I’ll edit my original post now to add that in.

BellusStella
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

I just made this recipe into 24 muffins. However I added about 3/4 cup of coconut milk since the mixture was way to dry and crumbly. I’m guessing its because of the stevia that I used, which was in pouches.
    Can’t wait to try them though, the batter was yummy! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stage 1 – Zucchini Cake’ is closed to new replies.