Stage 1 "Potato" Chips

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Stage 1 "Potato" Chips

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  natmike5464 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

Let me start off by saying these are absolutely delicious and as addictive as potato chips 🙂 Both my brother and mother who seem to gravitate away from anything green love these and I can’t make them fast enough! This is a great treat even if you’re not on the candida diet.

Baked Kale Chips

ingredients
    – bunch of kale
    – olive oil
    – sea salt

Wash kale well and let dry or dry by salad spinner. Tear the leaves off the stems into potato-size chips with your hands. (Don’t bake the thick stems as they don’t taste good). Set oven to 350.

Arrange the pieces on parchment paper or flat bake pan. I just use a pizza pan. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle salt. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes depending on your taste.

They will be dry and crispy and slightly brown. Enjoy! Even if you don’t like kale, I urge you to try this! Everyone is always amazed at how delicious they are 🙂

PS — Try experimenting with different spices! Garlic powder works great!

Toffeecoo
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

ohhh, totally want to try this! Thanks 😀

Toffeecoo
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

o_o! They do taste like potato chips! Less crunch factor but very good! thanks!

Downtown
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 39

Pina,

Thanks for the recipe. I was pretty skeptical at first, but they are great! I did 3 different kinds this last time. Salt and pepper, salt and garlic, garlic and cayenne. I can actually see myself eating these on a regular basis. Thanks again.

Dt.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I can’t believe how good these are! I made some with thinly peeled parsnip too, which had more crunch. Gonna try turnip and some other veg and adding herbs and spices. Thanks for the recipe.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Javizy, I’m interested to know which is your favorite so far? I have tried with kale and thought the crunch was AMAZING. Not a whole lot of options that give a crunch like that. 🙂

Kirsty

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I love these so much. I dont know about anywhere else but in the UK I’ve only managed to find bags of “sliced curly kale”, so there is no chopping involved and most of the chips are small but it doesnt matter. I just empty sometimes half a bag onto an oiled tray and then drizzle some more oil on top and bake for 15mins on 200c. I could eat them all day!

PhilAJ
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

Hey Jo Jo

I’m from UK too – and only just diagnosed (myself) that I have Candida overgrowth. I’m wanting to start the detox and diet on Monday next.

Do you have any other suggested recipes – books I could get – websites to look at etc etc…

ANd the Kale you spoke about – am I right in thining you mean the Curly Kale ?

Phil

Jo*Jo

Yes thats the stuff. I buy bags of it at a time. It works fine although you may want to experiment with the temperature and length of time.

You could also try making crisps out of sliced courgette and doing the same with swede too but i struggle with both because I always burn them.

I have alot of fries made out of swede, and I also have baked and sliced aubergine with some olive oil on, and the same with courgette. I also have baked brussel sprouts cut in half.. and alot of raw veg with an avocado dip.

And what I cant do without are my omelettes. I have 2 eggs with either spinach and asparagus, or spinach and courgette. Really keeps my full until lunch time. Sometimes I make “veg fried rice” out of finely chopped cauliflour (pretending its rice) with other and cracking and egg into it. You can find the recipe for that here somewhere. I like it, but its time consuming.

.. and alot of hard boiled eggs..

Thats about all I eat really, unless its a day when I can have chicken but I just have the above with it. I

PhilAJ
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

Thanks jojo. Just 2 days into the harder detox cleanse, and made some of those kale chips….lovely.
    How long did you cleanse for before starting on the omelets?
    Phil

Jo*Jo

I only did it for 3 or 4 days because my die off was pretty rough.

JanW
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 7

I made this today and I am happily munching away. After washing and drying the kale I put it in a large ziplock bag. Added 1tablespoon olive oil, pepper and ground garlic. Then massaged it all together. It spread everything evenly over the kale.

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

I saw something similar to this at wholefoods but they were like $8 for a small pack. Will give it a shot.

hilleary
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

kale chips sounds wonderful. unfortunately, i’m in africa and can’t get kale here. Can you think of any substitute for the kale? am on the lookout for stage 1 snacks!

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

Made kale chips this past weekend. What a delicious treat!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stage 1 "Potato" Chips’ is closed to new replies.