Stage 1 Coconut Flax Cookies

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Stage 1 Coconut Flax Cookies

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  orangestar 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

I’ve been experimenting with baking and after making these a few times I do think they fulfill the cookie urges on Stage 1 phase of this diet.

1/2 cup coconut flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 cup coconut oil
    flaxseed meal – as much as you like, sometimes I put in as much as 1/4 cup
    1/4 cup water or coconut milk
    pinch of sea salt
    2 organic eggs
    stevia or xylitol or erythritol to taste (optional)
    teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. You can put the 1/4 cup of coconut oil on the bake pan inside to melt the oil if needed. Sift the dry ingredients. Add the two eggs and mix well. Then add the melted coconut and 1/4 cup of water until the dough is soft and packing (it will be a bit crumbly)

Oil the pan well with coconut oil. Roll walnut-sized balls in your palms and pack them, then flatten them well in cookie shapes using your hands or a spatula. Make sure they are relatively flat for a crisp cookie.

Bake for 12 minutes. I usually then turn off the oven and leave them in there a few more minutes until they are golden brown and crisp. Remove from baking pan and let cool. Will make around 18 small cookies.

Enjoy! Let me know what you think if you make this 🙂

granolamama
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

that sounds real good!!!!!!!!!1 I am concerned about the coconut though, isn’t it like super high in fats?
    does the cookie taste like little macarons?

Les13
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Can you give me an approximate amount of xylitol (or stevia) you might use?

Thanks.

Pina

granolamama, coconut is full of good fats! Good as in I’ve lost 10 lb 🙂 Macarons or do you mean macaroons? These taste nothing like macarons I’m afraid, and I never cared for macaroons so I don’t remember what they taste like. Probably not though! These are more of a morning biscuit!

Les13, I don’t like very sweet things in general which is why I didn’t add any amount. I use erythritol, which is less sweet than xylitol. I usually half of a 1/4 cup of erythritol, so half a 1/4 cup may be satisfactory enough for xylitol and your tastes.

monita
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Thanks for this Pina. I just made these today although I split the amount of flax with some desiccated coconut. They’re quite good as long as you don’t expect them to taste like normal cookies. You just need to keep an open mind.

In the same way that coconut bread is not the same taste or texture as ‘normal’ bread, these cookies are a bit different but they both do a Fab job of keeping the hunger away. Didn’t I also read from someone that coconut oil and flour have anti candida properties?

Thanks for posting your recipe. 🙂

Pina

Hi monita, I’m glad you enjoyed them! Yes, cookie is a bit deceptive, they’re more like a breakfast biscuit maybe? But it does satisfy my urge for baked goods, sometimes you just need a change of texture!

I am not a big fan of coconut flour to be honest, so the flax seeds help a lot in adding to the taste and texture. They are rather filling and yes coconut is a great antifungal for candida 🙂

kuiks
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I just made these but loaded up with shredded coconut and cinnamon. Still a bit dry but a nice treat for someone new to the diet!
    Thanks for posting the recipe

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I enjoyed these, thanks for posting.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I just wanted to say that I like these simple cookies.

-raster

hypnosandra
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Just for the record – sweeten to taste is no help. I didn’t see the replies before I made these. I had to sprinkle extra stevia on top to make them more palatable. I did however, find a dipping sauce recipe that goes amazingly well with these:

1cup plain greek yogurt
    1 pkt stevia
    1/2tsp vanilla (alcohol-free, of course)
    cinnamon to taste (I used about 1/4tsp)
    Chopped Hazelnuts (to sprinkle on top)

This may or may not be Phase 1 compatible, but I know I’m gonna keep making the cookies. Especially now that I have an idea of about how much stevia to use in relation to the erythritol suggestion earlier in the thread.

Thank you everyone for your contributions! you help make this diet an adventure rather than a drudge! 🙂

orangestar
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 7

I’m looking forward to trying these. They sound like a good option. Thanks for posting!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Stage 1 Coconut Flax Cookies’ is closed to new replies.