Stage 1 Coconut Flax Bread

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Bread Recipes Stage 1 Coconut Flax Bread

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Marbro 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

Here’s an alternate coconut flour bread recipe, I do find it rather tasty 🙂 Please make all your ingredients organic and use filtered water.

3/4 cup coconut flour
    1/4 cup flaxseed meal
    1/2 cup coconut oil
    4 organic eggs
    pinch of salt
    pinch of cinnamon (optional)
    pinch of baking soda
    1/4 cup of water or coconut milk

Preheat your oven to 350. If your coconut oil needs to be liquified, take the 1/2 cup and put it it in your bread pan and place it in the oven as it warms up. In a bowl, sift all dry ingredients. Add the 4 eggs and mix well. Then 1/4 cup water to the batter and stir again. Take out the coconut oil (use oven mitts!) and pour the oil into the batter and mix. Make sure you use a bit to oil the bread pan.

Use a spatula to flatten the batter onto the pan and smooth out the top. Set the timer to 40 minutes until the top is a nice crisp golden brown.

Enjoy! And if you like an all-over crispiness, this toasts decently 🙂

samkg223
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Is this supposed to rise? Mine didn’t… at least not by much.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Use a couple teaspoons of aluminum-free baking soda when you bake a bread, in order to help it rise a little more. Works for me.

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

M wrote: Use a couple teaspoons of aluminum-free baking soda when you bake a bread, in order to help it rise a little more. Works for me.

do you mean baking “powder”

Like Rumfords aluminum-free Baking powder?
    http://www.amazon.com/Rumford-Aluminum-Baking-8-1-Ounce-Canisters/dp/B001LQRKC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331150706&sr=8-1

There is a 3 egg buckwheet recipe on here and i think it list baking soda as well but I find the baking powder actual gives me more of a traditional loaf of bread.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stage 1 Coconut Flax Bread’ is closed to new replies.