Stage 0 and allergic reactions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Stage 0 and allergic reactions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Laurie
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi, I have been diagnosed with candida and am on Stage 0. My head is swimming and I hope I am making sense. I feel the cleanse went sideways and I don’t know what to do. I am taking the NAC, nettle, l-glutamine, digestive enzymes, vitamin D3, vitamin C B vitamins with extra folic acid & B-12, calcium, magnesium,zinc and potassium. After two weeks, going on the third, I had an allergic reaction to the lemons, which previously upset my stomach but I didn’t think anything of it, but now is a problem. (I was taking water with lemon 1-3x a day) The other day I was eating an avocado and I had an allergic reaction. I was eating those every other day. I feel the reactions are candida or allergy related due to dry, rough patches on my fingers that developed. I wonder if it could have been that avocado or did I develop an allergy to it? I’m wondering can a person develop an allergy to foods that they have previously been eating that didn’t cause a reaction? Is this part of a bigger problem or does this happen?

My first thought was to start over with the cleanse having just an egg when needed and rotating the broccoli and green beans every other day and introducing new veggies once a few days had passed and the allergic reactions had passed. During the cleanse I was rotating the vegetables, only 1 every 4 days. Does this sound reasonable or unnecessary?
    Thanks, this forum has been a great support!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Laurie,

I am taking the NAC, nettle, l-glutamine, digestive enzymes, vitamin D3, vitamin C B vitamins with extra folic acid & B-12, calcium, magnesium,zinc and potassium.

You should only be taking vitamins on the cleanse and shouldn’t be taking any antifungals, leaky gut supplements, or anything else. This will cause more die-off.

After two weeks, going on the third, I had an allergic reaction to the lemons, which previously upset my stomach but I didn’t think anything of it, but now is a problem.

You do not need to cleanse for this long and it is time to start phase 1 of the diet since you have become allergic to lemons. This is not good and is unfortunate. The cleanse is not meant to last this long. The cleanse will not even come close to eliminating all of the candida in your body and is only meant to be done short term.

During the cleanse I was rotating the vegetables, only 1 every 4 days. Does this sound reasonable or unnecessary?

It’s a good general idea to rotate some of the foods you eat throughout your treatment. Candida can adapt to certain food items and things you eat because it still wants to thrive. It can find a wide variety of energy sources within the body. You will be feeding candida no matter what you do, its all about feeding it as little as possible. I personally experienced changing allergies over my treatment and you can be allergic to something one day when you weren’t the day before from my experience.

-raster

Laurie
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello Raster,
    Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
    You should only be taking vitamins on the cleanse and shouldn’t be taking any antifungals, leaky gut supplements, or anything else. This will cause more die-off.

I need to know where I went wrong. Can you please tell me what I shouldn’t be taking?

Quote:
    You do not need to cleanse for this long and it is time to start phase 1 of the diet since you have become allergic to lemons. This is not good and is unfortunate. The cleanse is not meant to last this long. The cleanse will not even come close to eliminating all of the candida in your body and is only meant to be done short term.

What happened that I became allergic to the lemons and why is this not good?

I believe I am missing something here. Can you tell me what that is?
    Thanks,
    Laurie

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would not take the digestive enzymes during the cleanse but only during the diet; same with l-glutamine, and nettle…the reason being you need them for healing and you won’t be healing too much on the cleanse. The rest of the vitamins are ok.

One thing to keep in mind though is that the vitamins are more or less getting flushed out of the body by doing a cleanse/detox so they aren’t really doing too much right now. It might be worth it to save them as well (thats what I would do), but its up to you. Keep in mind that it’ll take as long as 6-18 months to get over candida overgrowth so doing things too quickly, vigorously, etc. might not be a good idea (in other words too much at once). Its all about a slow gradual persistent pace to get better.

It’s not good to overdo any food item, supplement, etc. to the point where you experience new symptoms such as an allergy.

I would start phase 1 of the diet soon and not continue with the cleanse.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stage 0 and allergic reactions’ is closed to new replies.